Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would we have made the playoffs if...

Obibyn23

When was ST supposed to be back? I feel like if he had come back we would have probably come out of that slump in a similar fashion.

People dont really realize what kind of season he was having. When he passed away he was leading the league in INTs with 5 in only 9 games. He had a bad game in Green Bay and still had 2 INTs, should have had at least 2 more.

I thought ST was having a great game in Green Bay...??...

Sean Taylor had not passed away?

With Campbell on the sidelines, and Collins at the helm, do you think we still would have made the playoffs? Would this team have been inspired enough on the sheer fact the playoffs were within reach?

Would we have beaten Buffalo?

Just curious on the opinions of my Skins brethren.

Dude, we would have won the division.rip_seantaylorblock.jpg

Y'all did notice this was a bump from January 2008, right?

I also don't think this is the right question.

Too many "what ifs" for the entire 2007 season.

You're right, too many what ifs.

There were a lot of threads started during that time went to the 2nd and 3rd pages before anyone even read them.

I would rather speculate about what would have happened if Gibbs had not decided to re-retire.

I'm still mad about that. I don't think I'll ever speak to Gibbs again.

Frankly I don't think you need to say if Sean Taylor didn't die. If Sean Taylor had not have gotten hurt in that Philly game they would not have scored and we would have won. We would have beaten Dallas as well, TO would have been a non-factor as he always is when Sean Taylor is on the field. We would have made the playoffs.

I think Collins' play was the major factor in the playoff run, and no, I don't think we get in if Campbell doesn't get hurt. But the D stepped up as well. I don't recall when Sean was expected to return off his injury.

Collins was the key to us making the playoffs. JC gets his chance this year and a small maybe next year. If he doesn't do well this year, I think he is history. Sorry all you JC fans, but JC wasn't playing well and Collins had nothing to lose, plus he knew Sauder's system inside out by being with KC.

Damn. Seeing Landry play so well in the Seattle game, made me really wish Taylor had been there...

If Taylor had been back there with him, I'd like to think our D would've stopped the Seahawks even after we lost momentum in that game. Especially since Area 51 would've had a few more games by then to get used to playing together.

I thought ST was having a great game in Green Bay...??...

He turned it into a pretty good performance but if he hadnt dropped those other 2-3 interceptions, he would have had one of the single greatest performances in the history of the NFL. What a talent.:helmet:

Archived