Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Same old things always come back to haunt us

GIBBS LIVES

No pressure on Hasselback leaving our secondary exposed. Bad offensive line play coupled with weak running by Portis.

If the FO doesnt seriously address the lines in the draft, we are all wasting time.

I'm tired of hearing the FO and fellow posters explain away reasons NOT to address the D-line in the first round for a change.

I want to be like serious,contending teams. I want a pass rush with real atheletes on the D-line. I want a real O-line instead of guys with "names". Randy Thomas, Jon Jansen..both are done!

And it's time to add a WR like Roy Williams or Chad Johnson to go along with Moss to have a truly explosive WR Corps.

And I'm tired of watching Portis weak running between the tackles. We need a real running back that runs WELL between the tackles. Not a running back who is always hurt or en-effective at the end of the year.

We need a real GM.

Amen.

I'd be curious to hear what a talented GM thinks about Jansen versus Heyer? We have built the D bass ackwards, corners, LBs, then DL. We need a LDE who is BIG, a real #1 receiver, a starting running back earning half what Portis is, and at least 3 OL who are young, to say nothing of corner help.

Still, it is not all gloom, as we have a solid young core. There are mistakes, places we could be better, but we could also be a lot worse off. We need to draft 3-4 lineman, a WR, a CB, a QB.

Yeah, main thing we need is to improve the offense. The defense even right now is good enough to get you to the Super Bowl if you have a good offense. We need an injection of speed, I thought it was pretty embarrassing that Portis got run down from behind by a linebacker. We should probably release Betts and add a younger guy with some speed in the backfield. We also desperately a true #1 WR.

No pressure on Hasselback leaving our secondary exposed. Bad offensive line play coupled with weak running by Portis.

If the FO doesnt seriously address the lines in the draft, we are all wasting time.

I'm tired of hearing the FO and fellow posters explain away reasons NOT to address the D-line in the first round for a change.

I want to be like serious,contending teams. I want a pass rush with real atheletes on the D-line. I want a real O-line instead of guys with "names". Randy Thomas, Jon Jansen..both are done!

And it's time to add a WR like Roy Williams or Chad Johnson to go along with Moss to have a truly explosive WR Corps.

And I'm tired of watching Portis weak running between the tackles. We need a real running back that runs WELL between the tackles. Not a running back who is always hurt or en-effective at the end of the year.

We need a real GM.

I have to disagree with you on many isues here. about the only one I agree with is your WR point. Other than that your just not correct.

When we had our starting O-line we did just fine. Remember we were using 2nd and 3rd stringers almost all season.

Personally I don't like portis. sure he's a leader, but I just don't like his style of running. We need an explosive back. Stats-wise we are better team with him in the line-up though.

The only thing that makes me so upset about this loss is how poorly we played!!! Our O-line just didn't get it done, which dominoed into no time to pass and no room to run.

Had we played better in the 1st half, I think this game would have come out differently.

I certianly agree that Seattle got all the breaks this game. Other than the appearant forward pass which became an incomplete pass, seattle got about every call. Dropped INT's dropped passes, bad calls by refs, We even had 2 int's and a kickoff recovery and couldn't win the game??

I hate the fact that no matter how poor or good we play we are just unlucky. Look at the cryboys. Every dropped ball or fumble just bounces right back up into thier hands. I've watched just about every game this year, and I am not exagerating.

For some reason, we have enough to get it done but not enough to finish and it pisses me off, every year. I am tired of being a fan of this team. But I fear they are my team and win or lose I will be one till I die!!! It just sucks every year it's the same old thing everytime!!!

we really need a dt...one that eats up double teams more than anything. those of you wishing for a pass rushing de opposite of carter will be complaining about our run defense.

concur that we need help on the dl, just don't think it's at the de position like most.

i also don't really think we need a gm. we've done well recently with what we have in place. i don't agree with all of their picks, but we've found some guys that have worked well for us via the draft and have missed on more fa acquisitions than we missed.

as long as the dan is willing to go cash for the cap, our fo situation is fine by me.

Ok then :paranoid:

Don't worry everyone. Not everyone from VB is this nutty :silly:

We do need a big/explosive receiver to compliment Moss, El, and Cooley, but you're crazy if you think that it's Portis that can't run. We have a three man O line in the run game. All of Portis' successful runs/big plays came off the left side. It ain't his fault that Fabini, Heyer, and Wade can't block anyone. Thomas is the bomb and has a few miles left on his engine. You're smokin' the proverbial P-Town crack if you think Portis and Randy Thomas are done my friend. I agree with the wide receiver comment. Maybe we need a young DE, and some quality O line depth, but the rest of your post is crazy talk IMO.

HTTR

We need a real GM.

are you serious buddy? was this you said about CP a joke? I would love to know who you would choose at running back than CP. i guarentee you he would not do a better job. I honestly would like to meet you and make sure you are a redskin fan becuase this comment just got me upset.

After a year like this, with the final strecth run and what this man did for our team through everything and you have the nerve to say something like that..shame on you.....

I share some of your frustrations.

- Portis is good but what happened to the home run threat? I just don't see the speed there anymore. He's good but he's lost more than a step. He is definately still a starter though. His blocking and running are far better than average. He's a playmaker despite his lack of break away speed.

- The defensive line has been a known weakness for a looooooong time. Pressuring the QB is key for any defense. In the post season the QB play is going to be good. The good ones will pick apart any secondary if they are given time and have good targets.

I just flipped out when Joe Gibbs said he was proud of this teams effort tonight. Other than three minutes of this game we looked like ****. It looked like we gave no effort at all. Putting pressure on the qb is all about effort. Blocking people on the line is all about effort. We were awful at that. Actually we were pathetic in doing both of those things. I am the biggest fan ever and am usually so positive about everything even when things go bad but today I was embarressed to be a skins fan. We lost to a team that we were better than and wasted money getting flights and ticketd for dallas. Was this just me or does anyone else think it looked like we were not ready for this game at all?

Sure, our guys didn't play a stellar game. Regardless, I am unbelievably proud of this team and everything they've overcome this season to even make it to the playoffs. Yeah, I would have loved to have made it further, but I WILL NEVER, EVER say I'm not proud of our guys this season!

Portis makes a ton of money, has had issues running between tackles and at times seems to go down easy, and has no home run threat. I would not be surprised to see him leave.

On the other hand, he is a warrior out there, he does a ton of intangibles, and no one blocks like him. I honestly do not know the right answer here.

Are you kidding me? Now all of a sudden our receivers suck. CP is a bad running back. Whatcha smokin bro? It just didn't pan out for us yesterday but we had a damn good run going. We'll be fine but we do need to address the D Line. I can actually smile and say My Skins almost got there and after the way this year was going I never would have dreamed they would make the playoffs. Gotta love it!

We need a real GM.

The Skins get the 21st pick in the draft, and they earned that position. They were good this year, not great. I'm proud of what they did with what they had to overcome. I can't remember a year where the Redskins have been this crushed by injury.

For those of you calling for Joe Gibbs' head, there were 20 teams that did worse than us. Do you also feel like all of those teams need new coaches? Compare the time before Joe Gibbs to the time he's been here. In four years, we have two playoff appearances. That's the most important statistic anyone can show you at this point - playoff teams are the only ones who have a shot at the Super Bowl.

And don't forget the fact that 14 of those points came from interceptions returned for a touchdown. Hate on Campbell all you want, but Collins blew this game.

I just flipped out when Joe Gibbs said he was proud of this teams effort tonight. Other than three minutes of this game we looked like ****. It looked like we gave no effort at all. Putting pressure on the qb is all about effort. Blocking people on the line is all about effort. We were awful at that. Actually we were pathetic in doing both of those things. I am the biggest fan ever and am usually so positive about everything even when things go bad but today I was embarressed to be a skins fan. We lost to a team that we were better than and wasted money getting flights and ticketd for dallas. Was this just me or does anyone else think it looked like we were not ready for this game at all?

We would imply that YOU are a part of the team. You like to use the term "We" a lot. What did YOU do to help them?:laugh: Dumbass

you guys are incredible. This team overcame so much. I am proud fo them. I am not embaressed or ashamed at all.

I think we all are, but what I'm saying is, before the ST incident when we'd lose, he'd say that stuff too, when you lose by playing stupid, making bad decisions, etc, you don't say things that pretty much say everything is okay, we did what we could, because you didn't.

Archived