Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WR Ike Hilliard has signed with..............

TC4

..........the Giants.

He will stay put:

Giants | Hilliard Agrees to Terms - posted at KFFL

12:37 PT: Jay Glazer, of SportsLine.com, reports the New York Giants have agreed to terms on a multi-year deal with unrestricted free agent WR Ike Hilliard.

Damnit, he was the guy I thought we would get and i really wanted us to get. Hes the perfect fit for this offense, and hes a really good player. I wonder how much the deal was for, thatll decide exactly how mad I am about missing out on gettin him.

I think the fact the Redskins passed on bringing Hilliard in indicates that the team is going to go light on Florida players in 2003 :)

that's why I would don't think we will be seeing Mr. Jacobs in a Redskins uniform come draft day................

notice we also passed on Mo Collins.........

Boy....that's gotta hurt. Art just got punched in the face and his "IkeBike" was stolen. He's miffed, peeved, and has blood bubbles forming on his nostrils.....aahhh....and I see a lip quivering. No tears though, Art is tough.

Best non-signing of the offseason.

I would be really disappointed with our front office if they adopted a policy of going light on any university's players. They should choose players based on their individual merit. They should not be rewarded or penalized for where they played in college. If they didn't think that Hilliard or Collins were good for our team it should have nothing to do with the fact they were Gators.

Ike Hilliard has ruined his career by staying with the Giants???? What are you smoking???

The fact is, I am very happy with this and this was the smartest move for Hilliard. He is not a number one receiver which is what he would have been looked upon as had he gone elsewhere. By keeping Hilliard, the Giants keep continuity and a viable threat opposite Toomer. Toomer, Hilliard, Shockey, Dixon, Carter, and Tiki Barber. That is quite a group of offensive weapons for Collins to throw and handoff too. I am quite happy that they are all now under contract for several years to come. Now the Giants can focus on a DE, DT, LB, OT. Of course, getting Brian Mitchell for the next three years wouldn't hurt either. Mitchell has primarily been a return man during his career so I would say he has a lot left in those return legs. Re-signing Hilliard was a very good move for the Giants.

From what I've read, the contract is five years, $12.5 million with a $2.5 million signing bonus. It was apparently less than what the Dolphins offered and maybe even less than the Redskins offered but Hilliard wanted to stay with the Giants and was happy enough with the offer. And I am one happy Giants fan.

Archived