Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Based on his fights against Alexander and Garcia. Guys that can actually box.

I'm no Broner fan and I think he's grossly overrated. But if he can withstand Matthysee's early pressure, I believe he'll win the fight.

Most people think Matthysse beat Alexander, even though he didn't get the knockout.

Broner has a **** defense and his chin ain't the best. Matthysse will break him

Edited by StillUnknown

Based on his fights against Alexander and Garcia. Guys that can actually box.

I'm no Broner fan and I think he's grossly overrated. But if he can withstand Matthysee's early pressure, I believe he'll win the fight.

Broner doesn't have the footwork or the chin to withstand pressure from Mattysse. 

Curious to know how how you scored the Alexander-Mattysse fight...

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article17340.html

"If I don't get the rematch with [Lucas] Matthysse, why not Adrien Broner? I mean, Lamont Peterson and Danny Garcia are both busy August 9th and they're not getting back into the ring probably till the end of the year, if not the beginning of next year, so the only formidable fights that I believe the fans are going to want is either me and Lucas Matthysse rematch or Broner and myself...I believe I have that style to give Adrien big problems," stated jr. welterweight contender John Molina Jr., who explained the motivation behind the Adrien Broner diss track that he and his team recently released. Check out what else he had to say!

More at link above...

Shots fired by John Molina Jr to Adrien Broner. Wonder if Broner will respond back to Molina. AB is always saying he's the CAN MAN and anybody CAN get it. Let's see if he'll back up his talk.

If Broner can take his punch, he should be able to outbox him. Mickey Bey was doing it for 10 rounds until he got caught in the 10th.

Come on Al Haymon, put it on the 13 Sept card of Mayweather/Maidana 2. Give us more reasons to buy the rematch.

Diss rap at link below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nwOVlRdrDQ

New rumor has Broner making his ring return on the 9/6 card (same card as Berto) possibly against Zab Judah.

Also, Chris Algieri has officially been offered the Pacquiao fight for 11/22 in Macao.

Edited by T-REX1240

Not particularly happy about a Algieri/Pacquiao fight.

Nobody is except maybe Algieri and his team. Even tho it's only a six figure offer, still will be a career payday for them.

Edited by T-REX1240

You actually think a Pacquiao fight is gonna be on free TV? Quite honestly, Alverez/Lara should be on Showtime.

No, I think it should be though.  Charging $65 for a Pac-Algieri fight is not a smart business strategy IMO

Edited by WALEOVECHKIN

Alverez vs Lara is a hellofva fight numbers may not be great but beats the hell out of those top rank fights in quality.

It's not about which fight is better. If that's the case, you can throw Mayweather/Maidana II in the mix. It's all about drawing power. And if this "big surprise" turns out to be a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight in May, that should help sell both of their fights.

Well Mayweather-Maidana 2 has officially been announced and the press tour kicks off next week. I notice on a lot of sites that have the article, reading the comment sections I am thoroughly surprised by the amount of people who believe Floyd lost that fight.

Well Mayweather-Maidana 2 has officially been announced and the press tour kicks off next week. I notice on a lot of sites that have the article, reading the comment sections I am thoroughly surprised by the amount of people who believe Floyd lost that fight.

I'm not surprised. Most people can't separate their personal feelings on a fighter when scoring a fight.

Anytime an underdog does better than anyone expects, people give them more rounds than the deserve. Simple as that.

And for the record, with Mayweather vs Maidana II and Pacquiao vs Algieri, these fights look like tuneups for a potential showdown in May.

Edited by DM72

And for the record, with Mayweather vs Maidana II and Pacquiao vs Algieri, these fights look like tuneups for a potential showdown in May.

I don't see them as tuneups, more like the result f bad options for both fighters. When May rolls around, Floyd will have a bigger pool of fighters to choose from. Khan won't be restricted by Ramadan, although he should probably avoid fighting teens in the streets. Porter, Thurman, & Danny Garcia will also be in the mix.

No sense in setting yourself up for disappointment with the May/Pac fight.

On a different note, who ya'll taking tonight?

I'm torn between Canelo by late stoppage or Lara getting robbed on the scorecards.

Saul Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara by SD

This will be a good fight, but the judges will make it closer than the actual fight. I think Lara schools him for 8 or 9 rounds, but gets dropped early in the fight. There will be a few close rounds.

Abner Mares by UD vs. Jonathan Oquendo
Mauricio Herrera vs. Johan Perez by SD
Juan Manuel Lopez by KO vs. Francisco Vargas

I have to go with Canelo tonight simply because I don't think Lara has the power to stop him. Lara probably can outbox him but against Canelo, Lara can't leave it in the hands of the judges. At the same time, Canelo does have underrated skills and the power to actually stop Lara late.

Should be a great fight tonight. 

I don't see them as tuneups, more like the result f bad options for both fighters. When May rolls around, Floyd will have a bigger pool of fighters to choose from. Khan won't be restricted by Ramadan, although he should probably avoid fighting teens in the streets. Porter, Thurman, & Danny Garcia will also be in the mix.

No sense in setting yourself up for disappointment with the May/Pac fight.

On a different note, who ya'll taking tonight?

I'm torn between Canelo by late stoppage or Lara getting robbed on the scorecards.[/quote.]

I can see Lara getting robbed.

And if Lara do win, he'd vow to confront Mayweather's victory press conference.