Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Excerpts from ODH's press-con:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2619803/Oscar-De-La-Hoya-prepared-fight-Golden-Boy-doesnt-rule-replacing-Richard-Schaefer.html

Following this really closely. For some reason, I think something major is gonna come of this whole fiasco.

Recently saw that Floyd has even said he will no longer do biz with GB if Shaefer isn't apart of the company; then says there's definitely a spot for Shaefer at Mayweather promotions.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/8958/arum-and-oscar-friends-again

Damn that's crazy. So because Arum tried to harass him into signing an extension and he didn't, he takes away his biggest pay day to date.. Scum.

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-no-top-rank-extension-im-paid-right--76930

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/04/chavez-jr-in-talks-with-al-haymon/

Edited by T-REX1240

Today is the 9 year anniversary of the greatest fight I've ever seen:

Just realized Tony Weeks also was the 3rd man in the ring for this one too. Seemed a lot more in command back then tho. Now on the hot seat from last Sat night's MMA match.

Just realized Tony Weeks also was the 3rd man in the ring for this one too. Seemed a lot more in command back then tho. Now on the hot seat from last Sat night's MMA match.

Please explain.

Adrien Broner suspended for post fight remarks by WBC.

WBC Statement: Adrien Broner, former WBC lightweight champion, has offended many persons of the world with his words during the interview after the fight vs Molina. The World Boxing Council holds human equality as its banner and will not accept a former WBC champion to make racially offensive statements. Since words have different meanings and can be interpreted in different ways, the WBC is issuing this open letter to Adrien Broner to either clarify what he meant with his words or to issue a public apology if those words were intended to be despective and offensive.

Adrien Broner is hereby suspended from participating in any WBC sanctioned championship and will be excluded from the WBC ratings until the time he makes a public apology satisfactorily to the public of the world. Boxing is a great sport, it is a world sport and boxers are honorable and exemplary members of the community. Fair Play and human equality must always be upheld.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-suspends-and-demands-a-public-apology-from-adrien-broner-245018

http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-suspends-adrien-broner-over-mexican-swipe--77569

I think he'll apologize soon. This guy is an idiot. He wants to play the villain so much.  He sure put his foot in his mouth this time. I hope he grows up one day, but I want to see someone KO this chump. He really thinks he is better than he is. He's good, but not great. Next decent guy at 140 may give him the business.  Would love to see Matthysse KO him.

Good for the WBC. This idiot dropping F-bombs left and right and people have kids watching. He's the kind of person that make s young black men look bad.

Can't stand Broner, but I'm not sure I see the "racist remarks" on this one.  He said "I just beat the **** out of a Mexi-can". He's done that "can-man" bit a few times, its corny and stupid, but its not racist.

As far as the profanity, thats just phony outrage there. Watch 2 men attempt to brutalize each other, but we better not here any bad language?

Boxing is a great sport, it is a world sport and boxers are honorable and exemplary members of the community. Fair Play and human equality must always be upheld.

giphy.gif

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Can't stand Broner, but I'm not sure I see the "racist remarks" on this one.  He said "I just beat the **** out of a Mexi-can". He's done that "can-man" bit a few times, its corny and stupid, but its not racist.

As far as the profanity, thats just phony outrage there. Watch 2 men attempt to brutalize each other, but we better not here any bad language?

giphy.gif

Come on Still. I'm black, but if a white fighter said that he just beat the **** out of an Afri-can, he'd be run out of boxing. As for the profanity. It's not fake outrage. Yes, on a live boxing telecast, you're gonna hear some profanity. But when you grab the mic and start using the F-bomb over and over and over, that's uncalled for.

• Like 1

Come on Still. I'm black, but if a white fighter said that he just beat the **** out of an Afri-can, he'd be run out of boxing. As for the profanity. It's not fake outrage. Yes, on a live boxing telecast, you're gonna hear some profanity. But when you grab the mic and start using the F-bomb over and over and over, that's uncalled for.

I understand both sides but the remarks weren't racist. Racial maybe but not racist. He's been using that same little Can-Man joke for the past couple years. Nothing new. But his remarks were most definitely uncalled for (as is a lot of what he says/does) and they were kind of over the top.

Broner is just trying to up his villain ante to garner more interest in himself for the general audience, sell more tickets, and become a ppv star. Actually, for what Broner is trying to accomplish in his career as a "villain" this little hiccup helps him more than it hurts him. His antics are annoying as **** but I seriously doubt he was being racist there.

Please explain.

Lol what's the point bro??

Edited by T-REX1240

You said Tony Weeks is on the hotseat. Please explain. Is he being investigated?

No not to my knowledge. Not hotseat as if his job is in jeopardy. This isn't a CJ Ross type of deal. I mean from the bashing he's taking on social media, fighters, athletes, trainers, celebrities, etc. Plus the fact that Floyd came out and said he doesn't want him to referee the next one which causes more of a stir. Weeks' name has been a topic of discussion since Sat night and not for the masterful job he did either. That's all I was saying.

Edited by T-REX1240

If anyone's complaining it's just because Floyd was complaining. If Floyd complains about something, his fans are sure to follow suit.

True but not every one is a fan of Floyd's. People just watched the fight just like you watched the fight. You are not a fan of Floyd's but you saw all the dirty tactics Maidana was doing and Maidana can't be blamed because a person can only do what he's allowed. I don't think you'll say the accessive body slams, knees, low blows, etc wasn't dirty. Mayweather even got some fore arm/elbow into Maidana's grill trying to fight fire with fire. All of it should have been nipped in the bud. Weeks had no control over the fight and as a referee, that's his primary job. People just called it how they see it. Don't have to be a fan to tell the truth.

Jr needs to jump ship from Top Rank. He can make more money with Golden Boy, who does a little better job promoting their fighters. If he was really smart, sign with Al Haymon and get PAID from GB or whoever he chooses as his promoter except TR.

• Like 1

Boxing on ESPN tonight. Heavyweights Chris Arreola vs Bermane Stiverne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrlv0-WVEbQ

I got Stiverne by TKO. Some nice trash talk going on, so I expect the fight to start a little fast for the big guys. Not buying the hype that Arreola is in great shape. Heard that before only to be disappointed. Stiverne isn't Seth Mitchell. Gonna be a good one, while it lasts.