Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Great fight Peterson put on a masterful proformance technically and physically by mauling Garcia. Should have been a W for Peterson not a robbery. Those early rounds should have been split Peterson was snapping the jab and Garcia was missing a ton. The last 5 rounds Peterson was chopping his ass up. Great Fight!!!

• Like 1

The trick to avoid the expensive ppv won't work this time around.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/general/eye-on-sports/25142897/closed-circuit-tickets-for-mayweather-pacquiao-will-be-expensive

This news on top of the fact that business establishments in vegas are not allowed to show this fight. Local bars, etc in other states will have to pay around $2-3k which means they'll charge a lot for cover charge. Lately Mayweather's fights have been in the movie theaters, not this time. Plus all major streaming sites will be shut down for this one (Not that you would expect to get a good feed any way).

They are making sure the ppv #s for this one are thru the damn roof. All parties involved will be laughing straight to the bank. With the expected revenue of this fight, there are no losers here.

Did I miss the part in the article about streaming sites?  How exactly will they be shut down? 

Did I miss the part in the article about streaming sites? How exactly will they be shut down?

The sites themselves aren't technically being shut down in every sense but several sources have confirmed that a substantial amount of $$ will be paid to do everything possible to ensure the general public goes through hell & hot water if they want to see this fight for free. Plus the few that do slip thru the cracks, the stream will be so awfully bad from the amount of worldwide traffic feeding off that one stream.

The sites themselves aren't technically being shut down in every sense but several sources have confirmed that a substantial amount of $$ will be paid to do everything possible to ensure the general public goes through hell & hot water if they want to see this fight for free. Plus the few that do slip thru the cracks, the stream will be so awfully bad from the amount of worldwide traffic feeding off that one stream.

Oh ok. From my understanding most of the streams originate from overseas. Will be hard to shut those down. If anything it will probably be the sheer amount of visitors to the sites/streams that overload the servers that end up being their downfall.

I'm willing to buy the fight but only if I can find people to throw in with, but I'm not spending that amount on my own.

Unless you're dealing with a bunch of cheap ass Mayweather fans like I'm dealing with, you should have no problem finding a few people to share the bill. These types of fights only come along so often and this is one of those fights.

Edited by DM72

Oh ok. From my understanding most of the streams originate from overseas. Will be hard to shut those down. If anything it will probably be the sheer amount of visitors to the sites/streams that overload the servers that end up being their downfall.

I'm willing to buy the fight but only if I can find people to throw in with, but I'm not spending that amount on my own.

Same thing I said when I first heard the news but I don't put anything past these guys. At the end of the day "Money talks, bull**** walks" so I guess we'll just have to wait n see.

I still haven't decided exactly where I'll watch the fight. Don't know if I'm going to order it myself or go out & watch it. I know several people hosting fight parties but I'll probably decide something within the nxt few days.

I have tried to extend an invite for these guys to do a joint fight party where all of us can chill, eat, drink & talk boxing but nobody really seemed interested.

Unless you're dealing with a bunch of cheap ass Mayweather fans like I'm dealing with, you should have no problem finding a few people to share the bill. These types of fights only come along so often and this is one of those fights.

It's mostly trying to weed out the actual boxing fans from the "oh I wouldn't mind being in the room during that...." people.  Almost everyone I take to wants to watch it, but when it comes to throwing in, even a measly $5/10....people suddenly clam up, and these aren't folks that are hard up for money either.

I learned my lesson too many times years back when I was buying UFC & Pride PPVs.....so many folks in my living room, so few chipping in.