Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Guerrero showing a good chin through the first 2 rounds, best I can say about him. Thurman is in full control.

Thurman's forehead looks pregnant, they will have to keep an eye on that bump.

replays showed it was from a headbutt

Edited by StillUnknown

Guerrero showing a good chin through the first 2 rounds, best I can say about him. Thurman is in full control.

Thurman's forehead looks pregnant, they will have to keep an eye on that bump.

replays showed it was from a headbutt

Yea he can claim that joint on his 2015 income taxes.

Thurman's not coasting, he's trying to get his man out of there. Impressed with his footwork tonight. He stays in the pocket just long enough to do what he wants, then is gone before Guerrero can work his game.

That lump is expanding. started at 2 months, now it looks about 6 months

Guerrero is dropped by a beautiful combo 

Still wont think it was as bad as Hasim Rahman.

Rahman looked like an alien. If memory serves, his lump swelled a hell of a lot faster than Thurman's. Thurman's kinda expanded over his forehead throughout the fight, Rahman's just kept swelling outward in the immediate area.

Early indicators have ratings for the PBC Boxing the other night upwards of 3.13M views.

On another note, I have a strange feeling Al Haymon is gonna try or is trying to bring out his own PBC belt. I know that sounds crazy but I'm just paying attention to small details. Like the fact that Thurman has a belt but was not announced as the WBA WW champ. I thought to myslf "ok that was odd". But then at the end, aftr the UD, his team tried to bring his belt in the ring & the ring security was having none of that. As if they had specific instructions. . .
I mean yea i could be reading too much into it but i dont think it's too too far fetched. If I'm trying to start my own Pepsi company, even tho you have have been previously sponsored by Coca Cola, that doesnt mean I'll allow u to flaunt your Coke products around on my watch. . .

No??

Edited by Rexx1240

Rahman looked like an alien. If memory serves, his lump swelled a hell of a lot faster than Thurman's. Thurman's kinda expanded over his forehead throughout the fight, Rahman's just kept swelling outward in the immediate area.

I remember watching that live and being terrified that one more hit would pop that thing like a cork, and he'd bleed out and die in the ring with a massive hole in his head.

That thing was nasty

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Early indicators have ratings for the PBC Boxing the other night upwards of 3.13M views.

On another note, I have a strange feeling Al Haymon is gonna try or is trying to bring out his own PBC belt. I know that sounds crazy but I'm just paying attention to small details. Like the fact that Thurman has a belt but was not announced as the WBA WW champ. I thought to myslf "ok that was odd". But then at the end, aftr the UD, his team tried to bring his belt in the ring & the ring security was having none of that. As if they has specific instructions. . .

I mean yea i could be reading too much into it but i dont think it's too too far fetched. If I'm trying to start my own Pepsi company, even tho you have have been preciously sponsored by Coca Cola, that doesnt mean I'll allow u to flaunt your Coke products around on my watch. . .

No??

That number should be good enough to bring any weary advertisers who may been skeptical beforehand. Good number, hopefully they are able to promote all the shows as well as they did the last.

The belt thing is certainly possible. With 200 already out there, why not be 201 if you think you can sell it as being more important than the rest.

Edited by StillUnknown

That number should be good enough to bring any weary advertisers who may been skeptical beforehand. Good number, hopefully they are able to promote all the shows as well as they did the last.

Yeah it was a decent number but I think I expected higher. Especially with all the extra promotion, etc. But I do take into account March Madness and other things were going on plus this is the 1st broadcast so still room for improvement. 

But good point about the advertisers. PBC could be seeing plenty of investors in the coming weeks/months.

They're having a red carpet for a press conference? Teddy Atlas, I can do without.

But I had heard that ESPN is going all in for this fight. I'm thinking in the weeks leading up to the fight, the coverage will be almost to the level of the SuperBowl. Again, everyone needs to enjoy this. This is our Ali/Frazier.

They're having a red carpet for a press conference? Teddy Atlas, I can do without.

But I had heard that ESPN is going all in for this fight. I'm thinking in the weeks leading up to the fight, the coverage will be almost to the level of the SuperBowl. Again, everyone needs to enjoy this. This is our Ali/Frazier.

I've never been able to get worked up by the pre-fight atmosphere. In fact, I only watched the very first episodes of 24/7 before that got tiring. I'm just here for the fights, but I can definitely understand why people would be attracted to the show.

From PBC

'The debut of Premier Boxing Champions" on NBC is the most-watched boxing broadcast since 1998. Viewership peaked at 4.2million for the exciting final rounds of Keith Thurman-Robert Guerrero bout. PBC leads NBC to victory in adult 18-49 demographic.(target audience)  More than 575,000 minutes streamed via NBC Sports Live Extra."

So the official numbers for PBC on NBC was 4.2 million during peak and 3.4 million overall. This really doesn't include box nation views, non app streamers, etc. But again, pretty decent numbers with a lot of room for improvement 

I hear Haymon exploring the possibility of Khan-Broner as co main for May 2nd.

That would be something. I fully expected them to have Butterbean vs. James Toney, or something similar as the co-main. If he follows through, I'll give a nod of respect to Haymon. Khan/Broner could easily headline any PBC, HBO, or Showtime card. 

For the record, Khan easily takes out Broner. Barring Khan having mental meltdown in the ring, which is certainly possible, I see no way Broner goes 12.