Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins…..ain’t it grand?

DixieFlatline

I was reading the thread regarding not being able to get any work done this week in anticipation of the game when it hit me…..what would we do without this forum? For me, (using a Joe Gibbs phrase), this forum is an integral part of me now than it has been in the past. And that’s saying something. :)

Sure there are times it’s a love/hate relationship. When the team is playing rocky, its hard to feel the good vibe amongst all the negatives posts. And obviously, I think we as a community came together after Sean’s death. This was a place we could come and immediately know people could relate to how we were feeling when others outside could not.

But I feel this is a little bit different now. This is more than bonding after a tragic incident. There is a certain electricity in the air…….a buzz that is barely audible, but rising by the hour. Our excitement is beginning to bubble and why?..........Because its the PLAYOFFS.

Not only has our team come together, but our community has. The camaraderie is on full display…….dissenting opinions are done thoughtfully……we’re feeding off one another, making it hard to get through the week, in anticipation of what Saturday brings and I LOVE IT EVERY SECOND OF IT.

What I feel now is akin to what I felt in the 80s. Regardless of what happens this weekend….. right here, right now….. I have cautious optimism of how our team will perform. For the first time in a long while, I’m starting to feel like this is Redskins football and ES plays a big role in that. Where else can you go to feel like you have a bond with players on the team? Where else can you go to fully appreciate the ride we’ve had the past 4 games? Where else can you go where you feel like you are part of the community and therefore can fully participate in what is REDSKINS FOOTBALL?

The answer is nowhere my friends and I thank you for that. ExtremeSkins is the shiznit. Can you dig it?

Unfortunantly, my company is moving me to a new building in a week or two (after 7 years...) and that building's Internet filter blocks all sport sites... :mad:

I've always worried work would think ExtremeSkins was something a bit more seedy than a sports site. :cool:

I have been off work for a couple of weeks and this is my first day back so the site helps me get though the slow parts of the day. I am ready weekend and to have off work again. I do not know how I would get though my day with out the help of this site.

I have been off work for a couple of weeks and this is my first day back so the site helps me get though the slow parts of the day. I am ready weekend and to have off work again. I do not know how I would get though my day with out the help of this site.

Yes this site gets me through the GRIND as well :logo:

Unfortunantly, my company is moving me to a new building in a week or two (after 7 years...) and that building's Internet filter blocks all sport sites... :mad:

i somehow got lucky, knock on wood, ES is the only sports site not blocked at my work.

if you own your own domain.. (like 100 bucks a year?) you can set up a web proxy of sort... forgot the link I can dig it up if you want. You can browse any website through your own domain.

I used to use my own that I set up in my time I worked for Sprint-Nextel

PM me if you want more info.

Archived