Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No matter what happens, everything from here on out is icing on the cake.

footballhenry

This has been the most devastating, and memorable Redskins season I have ever had as a fan, by far. To be 5-7 and reeling from ST's passing only to come back to 9-7 and make the playoffs is a dream come true for the franchise and its fans.

This is the second playoff appearance in three seasons and I sincerely feel that this team is far better than the 2005 squad. To make the playoffs after being 5-7 takes the cake, now everything else that happens is just icing on top....lets hope we get to top it off with a cherry and get to the Superbowl!! :cheers:

Me personally, Im just grateful to be rooting for this team in January.

:logo: Go Redskins!!!! :point2sky

I agree with every word of your post, but I am not satisfied. I watched all the other teams in the NFC this year that were supposed to be lights out and we can beat any of them.

GB-Sorry to say, Santana gave an early christmas gift, he doesn't we win

TB-6 turnovers, enough said. Oh and they had 30 yards of offense in the second half, we had 300+

Dallas-Game winning drive ends in turnover, we let TO go nuts. This will not happen again.

Giants-They suck.

Don't get me wrong, I am so excited for this team just to be playing an extra game, but a man can dream!!

I agree with every word of your post, but I am not satisfied. I watched all the other teams in the NFC this year that were supposed to be lights out and we can beat any of them.

GB-Sorry to say, Santana gave an early christmas gift, he doesn't we win

TB-6 turnovers, enough said. Oh and they had 30 yards of offense in the second half, we had 300+

Dallas-Game winning drive ends in turnover, we let TO go nuts. This will not happen again.

Giants-They suck.

Don't get me wrong, I am so excited for this team just to be playing an extra game, but a man can dream!!

I can see us doing very well in the playoffs this year, especially now that we've caught on fire.

I can see us doing very well in the playoffs this year, especially now that we've caught on fire.

Yeah same here. I have such a different feeling compared to what I felt with out 05 playoff team. The main difference is how it's not just Moss making plays on offense, and the defense flying all over the place. And another positive is that our team is very healthy right now.

I have a great feeling about this team too...

but next week I wont be half as nervous as I was this week.... I am so proud of the team and proud to be a fan.... I will ride this pride all off season.... no matter what happens in the next 1-4 weeks.....

I agree, I am proud of this team. I can't even put it in words. Yesterday was a game I will not forget for a very long time. (Especially since I'm still cold and wet and I have no voice. :))

But having said that, I think we'll win again on Sat. It's not over yet.

I think the Seattle game is the toughest draw in the playoffs period. If we can pull out a win on the West Coast, then even though Dallas is a tough team, I don't think it'll be as hard as winning in Seattle. Not saying that because of yesterday, but because the first trip to Dallas we should have won and that was a career day for TO. Not to mention he'll be coming off a high ankle sprain, which is a tougher injury to come back from normally than most people think. My ideal road is to beat Seattle, then beat Dallas, then go to Green Bay (or Tampa Bay, but don't think they'll get past NYG or GB).

I am happy with them no matter what happens from this point forward. I do, however, think our chances are much better this year to go deep than in 05. We have figured out a way to put points on the board & a way to keep many getting put up against us. We finished the reg. season with the #7 Defense (not too shabby) and our last 4 games we have had an average margin of victory of 13 points. If we continue to play with this level of intensity, we can go deep.

GOT TO BELIEVE!!

I like a lot of icing on my cake. The Skins have more then impressed me, beating hungry teams up until the end, then in the end dominating a team that was out to set records at their expense (even if they didn't care about the victory). It took Romo sits to pee two and a half quarters to complete 7 passes. Barber needed 19 to get to 1000 yards, he was held to -6. The D came up big, and the O is clicking.

Whatever happens from here on out, I am beyond proud of this team coming together when tragedy could have literally sunk the franchise for years to come. That alone is a miracle. This team controls its own destiny, and can match up with anyone left in the playoffs. I'll agree it's all icing, but like I said....I like lots of icing. Go Skins!

I couldn't agree more with this post. What I would add is that I am glad that the team was able to honor Sean and his father's wishes and make the playoffs. So many times I have seen when something that is an emotional goal is not achieved and they were able to reach it. What is really amazing to me is that they were able to reach their goal after we lost to the Bills. A lot of teams might have collapsed under that pressure, but we were able to overcome that and make it. Major respect to the coaches, players, team, and fans for all pulling together to make this happen. Thanks Redskins for making my holiday season exciting and memorable.

This is the thread I've been looking for. I agree, it is all icing on the cake after this. I'm saying that because of the way the Skins have come through the season to this point - they're showing the whole country something about strength in tough times and the value of unity. Those are lessons anyone can take home, and they make talk about regular-season records or the playoffs seem insignificant somehow.

I'm just so proud of those guys, I can hardly stand it. Hail!

Archived