Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We Want Dallas..."

jkalnasy

"We Want Dallas!"

The famous words screamed from so many from RFK so long ago, as we all recall. Their intensity and passion behind the words that only are described as an absolute hatred of the Cowboys, and epitimize what being a Redskins fan truly is. I joke at the start of every season saying, "Well, as long as we beat Dallas, the season is good in my book." To be honest it isn't, but to beat the Cowboys at home makes the season all the sweeter. This season started out as what looked to be promising. By the time we reached 4-2, I was still very optimistic, saying the age old thing, "...well if won 2 games for every loss..." This would come to a screeching halt midseason with death and tragedy. The loss at home to Buffalo was heartbreaking to me, being a game which had a tribute to Sean which drove me to tears and so much emotion flying around I kept saying to myself, "We HAVE to win." We lost. Less than a week later, mid-game with a quarterback injury, suddenly we took a step in the right direction. I am by no means saying Todd Collins is better than Jason Campbell, or vice versa, simply the team stepped up and took hold of the destiny they wanted. Two weeks passed and we suddenly went from being in the negatives to being 8-7. What a feeling. Through all the naysayers and hecklers, we were doing it, and it all seemed possible. It came down to Sunday night.

"We Want Dallas!"

Dexter Manley yelled this, pumping up the crowd at the beginning of the game. I looked at my friends and Dad and knew this was going to be a good game, even all the way up in section 445. A night I would remember for sure. Through cheers and boos, SMOOOTS and COOOOLEYS, we came out on top 27-6. A victory by 21 points. How fitting it is, to win the game that puts you in the playoffs by 21 points. Sean was with us.

"We Want Dallas."

The words written on a fan's photo of Sean Taylor, signed in training camp. Philip Daniels came across this on the internet and immediately printed out multiple copies to show to teammates to pump them up. Some were speechless, others such as Santana Moss recall being almost driven to tears. How odd for such a young player in his career to recite the age old words of a franchise, that belong, in reality, to the franchise and the fans only. What does this say to me? Sean was a Redskin. He knew what it meant to be a Redskin and he knew it well. Upon hearing this story and how he signed this, I knew tonight was no coincidence. 21 points is what it takes to beat the Cowboys to get into the playoffs. We needed this victory and Sean was with us. I only hope we can honor him further in the playoffs, but I am glad we came as far as we did. There are very few teams that can recover such tragedy midway through their football season. The Redskins proved it can be done, and we have Sean to thank. Rest in peace Sean, we made it to the playoffs!

:logo::logo::logo:

Yeah there have been a few threads about Phillip Daniel's WIFE that actually found the pic on Extreme skins and gave it to him. That just really speaks volumes of how our contribution as fans influences that game.

I cried when I realized this as well as the 21 pt victory...

like someone said in another thread... when we win the SB, the 2007-08 redskins should be directed. i can see us in a movie right now... we start the season good... we go on a losing streak. media starts pointing fingers at gibbs, saunders, gdub. carlos rogers... gibbs gets annoyed... sean taylor dies. the fans and players cries.. (the viewers get touched) gibbs a leader gets us thru this... weak against buffaloo only to get stronger going on a 4 game winning streak gaining the final spot in a NFC playoffs. we beat dallas by 21. we win the superbowl.. the players huddle up after the SB victory and dedicate the lombardi trophy to sean taylor... the camera views up to the skies and a pictureslide of all of sean taylors most memorable plays and moments with the perfect song to end the movie (the viewers are touched and walk out of the theatre sad but at the same time paid for a great movie..... for sure this story would be more interesting than remember the titans, that damon wayons movie,and other football movies i seen

Former Redskins great Dexter Manley revived memories of the old days by taking the microphone and leading cheers of "We want Dallas!" from the field before kickoff. Coincidentally, those were the very words written by Taylor on an autographed photo discovered on the Internet by defensive end Phillips Daniels' wife, a photo Daniels shared with his teammates Saturday.

From the ESPN recap of the Redskins game. I don't think people understand the magnitude of this.

Phillip Daniels' wife found this on EXTREMESKINS! She showed her husband, who looked at EXTREMESKINS, and he printed one out and gave it to the entire team.

Portis said it in his post-game interview.

Moss said it on the field after the game ended.

I mean come on people ... we had a huge impact on these players and the game today.

EXTREMESKINS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!

i was in section 407. this year has reminded me how i would never trade the skins for any other team. though it all, good bad and very very ugly. The fans, players, coaches, and hell even the owner are fighters. But man it feels so good its 4.22 A.m. and i just went to a skins game and drank all day but all i want to do is talk about my team .

congrats gentlemen we earned it

Wow, very well written! It brought tears to my eyes for the nth time today. When players were talking about the picture after the game today, I was wondering if it was the picture from extremeskins. That's fricking awesome! I'm so glad that picture was shared with us, and the players, in turn, were able to see it. Taylor was a true Redskin and I'll always remember him with a smile on my face.

Archived