Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obstructed View Seating

bigwalt42

Anyone know which sections in the 200s have obstructed views and starting at which rows? Are there whole sections to avoid or just certain rows within particular sections?

*paging Mark The Homer*

I actually think it's anything past row 14 in the 200's that is obstructed..

I could be wrong though.

This information really needs to be stickied as part of a Newbie Ticket & Gameday FAQ thread, along with the ES tailgating info link, why it's fun to enter two hours prior to the game, where to watch BMitch & Ray Brown after the game, etc.

Quick comment, if you're still around (Mark)...

"Starting at about Row 22, all seats have a pillar obstructed view, regardless of where they are located."

I'm in the back row this season and was surprised to find a rare few excellent seats, minus the crappy line of sight. Six to the left of me in section 224 (row 23) there's a seat that allows you a clear view of the entire field minus about a two square yard section of one end zone. Exception that proves the rule.

"But Snyder actually decreased the incline after Row 14 so that he could install more rows without hitting the ceiling (the club level deck)."

Ha, tell that to my wife, who stabbed her finger on the concrete ceiling while cheering during the Bills game. They've really put in as many seats as they possibly could, haven't they?

Which seats did they remove?

I sat in 216 row 14, at the last game I went to. It was pretty decent, I could see 100% of the field, and I could even see most of the airtime on punts. I could not see the top of the stadium across from me, and it took a little forward lean to see all the jumbotron on the far end. They have a bunch of TV monitors that you can see above you, probably visable from row 13 back. The section was nice and loud, and there are metal floor plates somewhere close that people banged on for more noise.

I'd sit in the 200 sections again. I wouldn't actually buy a ticket higher than row 15, though. It's just so far under the concrete that you might as well watch from the concourse tunnel. The 200's above row 14 and 15 are also more likely to have other team's fans and/or extra seats, because they are the ones still available for sale < $100 a week or 2 from gameday for normal games.

Quick comment, if you're still around (Mark)...

"Starting at about Row 22, all seats have a pillar obstructed view, regardless of where they are located."

I'm in the back row this season and was surprised to find a rare few excellent seats, minus the crappy line of sight. Six to the left of me in section 224 (row 23) there's a seat that allows you a clear view of the entire field minus about a two square yard section of one end zone. Exception that proves the rule.

Which seats did they remove?

Ahh, thanks. I'll have to edit/update my post. ;)

They removed a seat or two that used to be in Row 16 directly in front of the pillars. I have season tix in row 16, and there used to be seats there, although nobody ever sat in them. Now they're gone.

Archived