Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What we all have learned...

Fan4life

Why get so upset as a fan when we ALL know we cant change anything. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. !

When that 'ride' consists of years of bad-to-average teams with an occasional 6th seed playoff birth thrown in, its not exactly the most enjoyable ride.

When that 'ride' consists of years of bad-to-average teams with an occasional 6th seed playoff birth thrown in, its not exactly the most enjoyable ride.

I guess I am just MORE positive as a fan. I've been rooting for Gibbs and company since 1984. I am sure most of us have seen some horrific years. But this year...I just remember our board here killing Gibbs early on. I just have always thought, before his come back. We only had the 1999year playoffs that's 1x in nearly 9years. Since then...this could be another year like 2005. MAybe even more...who knows. ! But FANS let the season ride out before we ask for the Coaches walking paper... :dallasuck

ill always watch, because theyre my hometown team and i refuse to root for anybody else. but that doesnt mean im always going to settle for what we get. and yes injuries have played a part, but the best teams overcome big injuries. please see the colts for an example of how you can still win convincingly with solid depth despite losing huge impact players. they lost the best pass rusher in football, and a top 3 receiver of all time, and are probably going to finish 14-2.

OK.

They lost a pass rusher and a reciever.

Name the starters WE lost.

I think comparing teams is silly.......but.......if that makes football sense to you.....then do it.

Although I did "predict" a 9-7 season and wild card berth from the beginning, I pretty much abandoned all hope for such a scenario to take place after the loss of Sean as probably the vast majority of everyone else for that matter. Nobody was seriously considering a post season appearance from this team. Bottom line for me is a vast change of perspective on the staff and team. Although problems certainly exist and persist to an extent, I personally have a new found respect for this team and its staff. Color me proud, happy and excited.

Why get so upset as a fan when we ALL know we cant change anything. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. !

To me this is the key, I will watch Sunday not knowing the outcome of the game as I have the other 15 games. I just love my team regardless. I understand why people do have a negative view of the team, especially when you take into account the last 15 yrs, but I dont own the team and im not the general manager, so i try to just take it as it comes good and bad.......

To me this is the key, I will watch Sunday not knowing the outcome of the game as I have the other 15 games. I just love my team regardless. I understand why people do have a negative view of the team, especially when you take into account the last 15 yrs, but I dont own the team and im not the general manager, so i try to just take it as it comes good and bad.......

WEll put my friend..Redskins fans could be in some worse cases today in late December. Let see...ARIZ Fans, Minn Fans, Cinci Fans..the list is long! :dallasuck

i partly agree with mass skins fan. yes hes very bitter and he goes to the extreme at times, but hes got a point. too many people are excited by 6th seed playoff berths. eeking into the playoffs by having to win out after sitting at 5-6 or 5-7 isnt exactly something to be excited about. so many are willing to settle for this kind of play vs truly wanting a legit contender.

:doh: After this season and everything the team has been through as well as the fans, I'll be excited and happy as hell if this team is to make the playoffs. Do you not realize all the **** this team has had to pull through to even be in this position? It speaks volumes about the character of this team and its coaching staff. I don't enjoy mediocrity, but this season is far different. There is a special team taking the field in burgundy and gold Sunday, and I'll be damned if I'm not watching that game as if it isn't the biggest game of the year and for this franchise in quite some time. We have a chance to do something really special this Sunday, all of these "mediocrity" posts are bs and should not even be written in a season like this. Save it for every other season if we are playing like this. This season is an exception, I hope alot of you guys realize this. Be proud of this team and of what they have accomplished. :point2sky

How about because I actually value my free time enough not to be interested in sitting around WASTING it watching my team get their heads kicked in?

You're an angry man..and I feel you. But sometimes being a fan requires us to be patience. Hey if we pull it out Sunday. You are a fan that gets to watch a whole new season where every team is 0-0. WOOHOO!!! Anything can happen!

OK.

They lost a pass rusher and a reciever.

Name the starters WE lost.

I think comparing teams is silly.......but.......if that makes football sense to you.....then do it.

they lost their best defensive player, and their 2nd best offensive player. they also had injuries to their Oline, as well as their pro bowl tight end.

we lost ST, carlos, and now rocky on D. jansen and thomas on O, and now campbell.

yes weve lost more guys, no arguing that. but our team hasnt fallen off a cliff losing these guys. weve been consistently the same for most of the year.

Bayou, I'm sorry but that whole bit about "character" and the idea that this team should get a pass because of the adversity they've faced is a bunch of bologna to me.

These guys get paid to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. If they can't get their minds straight on that, the cheerleaders practice over there ---------> maybe they should go join the ladies.

:doh: After this season and everything the team has been through as well as the fans, I'll be excited and happy as hell if this team is to make the playoffs. Do you not realize all the **** this team has had to pull through to even be in this position? It speaks volumes about the character of this team and its coaching staff. I don't enjoy mediocrity, but this season is far different. There is a special team taking the field in burgundy and gold Sunday, and I'll be damned if I'm not watching that game as if it isn't the biggest game of the year and for this franchise in quite some time. We have a chance to do something really special this Sunday, all of these "mediocrity" posts are bs and should not even be written in a season like this. Save it for every other season if we are playing like this. This season is an exception, I hope alot of you guys realize this. Be proud of this team and of what they have accomplished. :point2sky

ill be at the game, and im definitely proud that they have played well recently after the death of sean taylor. but facts are facts, this team is far from being a consistent to dominant threat.

What we have learned....

a. That some fans see the PLAYOFFS rather than the Super Bowl as the goal of the season.

b. That some fans willingly accept mediocrity from the team so long as they "win games"

c. That this team is, in reality, no closer to winning a Super Bowl this season than we were in 2003.

If the team wins the Super Bowl this year-btw still a remote possibility-then what will you have learned? That giving up when all is still possible is not being a fan? This team in reality is still in the hunt and that is all a dog should live for. You have not changed as a fan, and with the effort this team has put forth in the days after such a tragedy begs to question, are you a fan at all?

You're an angry man..and I feel you. But sometimes being a fan requires us to be patience. Hey if we pull it out Sunday. You are a fan that gets to watch a whole new season where every team is 0-0. WOOHOO!!! Anything can happen!

Very ANGRY and people don't tend to like me when I'm ANGRY.

Patience is a virtue which I have none of, never have had any of, and don't believe I'll ever acquire any of.

If we win on Sunday we get to watch a whole new season where there are no second chances and where a team cannot afford NOT TO step on their opponent's necks (something this team has proven completely incapable of). It will be just like 2005, where we go to the playoffs knowing that there's no shot in hell that we can Win the Super Bowl (the only real measure of success in the NFL).

If the team wins the Super Bowl this year-btw still a remote possibility-then what will you have learned? That giving up when all is still possible is not being a fan? This team in reality is still in the hunt and that is all a dog should live for. You have not changed as a fan, and with the effort this team has put forth in the days after such a tragedy begs to question, are you a fan at all?

What I will have learned is that the NFL is an even worse product than I had thought it was. Truly and honestly that's what I will have learned if the Redskins win the Super Bowl.

I haven't changed as a fan and I never will. That's not my style. I have my criteria for success (which has been discussed ad nauseum) and this team doesn't even come close to meeting it.

I am a fan. Just a seriously disgruntled and severely disappointed one.

Very ANGRY and people don't tend to like me when I'm ANGRY.

Patience is a virtue which I have none of, never have had any of, and don't believe I'll ever acquire any of.

If we win on Sunday we get to watch a whole new season where there are no second chances and where a team cannot afford NOT TO step on their opponent's necks (something this team has proven completely incapable of). It will be just like 2005, where we go to the playoffs knowing that there's no shot in hell that we can Win the Super Bowl (the only real measure of success in the NFL).

Ok..I'll bite. The team did loose its killer instinct for a long time. Even in the 2005year run. We have never really put teams away as we did in the past Gibbs team. But during the Vikings game. I just felt like this team have finally got it. And unfortunately it was in the wake of a stud player and good man's death. But they say "with tragedy..it will bring out the real men"

And I think and feel THe REAL REDSKINS ARE HERE!

:dallasuck

Seriously though... I don't expect anyone to be thrilled with a team having to go on a big-time win streak just to get the 6th seed, but we were 5-11 last year. Our defense set some pretty unfortunate records, we've had pretty serious injury issues, we lost ST, we play in the hardest division in football and we have had the 3rd most difficult schedule in the league... and here we are in 'control of our destiny'.

Am I content with this? No. But I am surprised and impressed.

Seriously though... I don't expect anyone to be thrilled with a team having to go on a big-time win streak just to get the 6th seed, but we were 5-11 last year. Our defense set some pretty unfortunate records, we've had pretty serious injury issues, we lost ST, we play in the hardest division in football and we have had the 3rd most difficult schedule in the league... and here we are in 'control of our destiny'.

Am I content with this? No. But I am surprised and impressed.

agree 100% with this comment. :cheers:

That's good stuff Blondie.

Don't look now though, you might be 'ignored'.

I am.

She's been on that list for quite a while, skinny. I'm pretty sure she's unimaginatively proud of that fact too.

Poor Miserable Skins Fan.

You have yourself rated WAY TOO HIGH if you think you putting me on your ignore list means jack **** to me. I think you seek attention.

Period.

Archived