Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Falcons talking to Parcells

gobigred

Parcells is a good coach but he left New England in shambles, the Jets in dissaray and only the Cowboys seemed to get better after he left. Is that him or Phillips?

you are so wrong, the talent level at those teams you mentioned was way better after he left than when he got there.

I read that as him being involved in the FO not coaching. Then again I guess with him you can never really tell. From a personnel point of view I think he has been successful in many respects. I think coaching-wise it was the issues with "the player" that pushed him into "retiring". I mean come on the guy has retired like 3 times now, does he not like the word "quit"?

Parcells is a good coach but he left New England in shambles, the Jets in dissaray and only the Cowboys seemed to get better after he left. Is that him or Phillips?

Nah-Parcells didn't do THAT much. He botched the OL while he was here(3 years in a row, he drafted poorly-Johnson, Pederman, Rogers, and Petitti), which nearly left us in shambles(which all but forced us to break the bank on Leonard Davis). He passed on '04 stud running backs in the draft for some underachiever from Notre Dame. He WANTED Spears ahead of Ware in the '05 draft. Instead of going after secondary guys in the '06 draft, he went after ANOTHER TE(Fasano).

As for the "steals" like Jay Ratliffe, Marc Columbo, Patrick Crayton, Chris Canty, etc-that was Jeff Ireland's, our head scouting guy's, doing.

So yeah-we improved IN SPITE of him, NOT because of him.:2cents:

That fat bastage tuna will not treat the media, players or anybody else with any kind of common decency. I don't think anybody even likes him except his brokeback nutty buddies. Those turkey buzzard falcons can have him.

Archived