Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KKK to protest for Augusta

codeorama

I don't know Code.

It seems that a right-leaning militant group that believes in the superiority and dominance of white men might be on pretty equal footing to a left-leaning militant group that believes in the superiority and dominance of women.

Originally posted by Art

I don't know Code.

It seems that a right-leaning militant group that believes in the superiority and dominance of white men might be on pretty equal footing to a left-leaning militant group that believes in the superiority and dominance of women.

What I mean is that the Klan has such a bad reputation, it's association with Augusta would actually help Martha Burke's cause.

I'm right because on ESPN.com, officials at Augusta are already distancing themselves from the Klan.

But....... My opinion on Martha Burke...... She's an idiot. If Augusta wants to be men only, more power to them. Burke also thinks WNBA players should make equal money to NBA players... Gee, that makes alot of sense... no one watches the WNBA, they don't bring in near the money that the NBA does, yet, their players should be paid equally? Where would this money come from?

I wonder if Burke is for or against a man playing in the LPGA?

She can't be against it, that would be a double standard.

Originally posted by Art

I don't know Code.

I can't believe you would attempt this comparision. Please retract it. Over the line my friend.

I believe what Art is trying to say, but I may be wrong, but this was how I took it, is that I should be on the side of the Left, the women... Yet I have made it clear that I choose my side based on each individual issue and how it effects me. I don't champion every left issue just because there are one or two that I side with. But Art doesn't alway speak english, so I could be wrong.:cool:

I can't see comparing them either, but ONLY because of the violent history of the Klan. If they changed their name and there was no connection to the past violence and they were only an organization that was set up to make sure men were given equal opportunity, then, yes, they would be the same.

Martha Burke doesn't represent NOW, Jack. As for NOW, there is little real difference between the radical nature of their views and those of the clan. Instead of lynching those who don't agree with them, as the Klan did years ago, NOW would simply support arresting and charging people who would dare to disagree with them on trumped up RICO charges.

Same insanity, different application.

Burke represents the national council of women's orginizations which is either more or less than NOW depending on how you feel :).

Originally posted by codeorama

I can't see comparing them either, but ONLY because of the violent history of the Klan. If they changed their name and there was no connection to the past violence and they were only an organization that was set up to make sure men were given equal opportunity, then, yes, they would be the same.

Code,

Two things. First, I always speak English. If you don't grasp the words, educate yourself better. Don't blame the sender for your inability to receive a clear message. That's on you :).

Second, Burke doesn't represent a group that wants to assure men and women are given equal opportunity or treatment. She supports women's rights at the exclusion of men's rights. She's not marching to stop the 26 federally funded all-women nursing schools in this country. She wants special treatment for women which roughly equates to a position of believing in superiority for women.

Originally posted by Art

Code,

Two things. First, I always speak English. If you don't grasp the words, educate yourself better. Don't blame the sender for your inability to receive a clear message. That's on you :).

Second, Burke doesn't represent a group that wants to assure men and women are given equal opportunity or treatment. She supports women's rights at the exclusion of men's rights. She's not marching to stop the 26 federally funded all-women nursing schools in this country. She wants special treatment for women which roughly equates to a position of believing in superiority for women.

First, Lighten up.... It was a freakin joke because you use bigger words than I or most of us do.

Second, you are right in what Burke stands for, I think I gave that same sentiment in my earlier posts...... The difference is that the Klan has a proven history of violence, but if you take that away, they would be similar, they would be for the rights of white men at the exclusion of everone else. (whereas Burk is for the rights of women at the exclusion of others)

Ok, Jack.

You keep being disappointed that I don't allow myself to cater to the whims of radical, left-wing women's groups that espouse their agenda at the expense of any other. I know what the Klan is and where it came from. They are currently a dwindling group of insanely stupid people with little to no real ability to have a wide-reaching negative influence on today's society. That's probably how they presently differ from Burke. She's got a growing group of insanely stupid people with a great deal of ability to have a wide-reaching negative influence on today's society.

We'll just be disappointed in each other I suppose :).

Originally posted by codeorama

First, Lighten up.... It was a freakin joke because you use bigger words than I or most of us do.

Second, you are right in what Burke stands for, I think I gave that same sentiment in my earlier posts...... The difference is that the Klan has a proven history of violence, but if you take that away, they would be similar, they would be for the rights of white men at the exclusion of everone else.

Code,

I put the :) after my post to express a similar jocularity. I may write a similar thing without the smile to express an insult though :).

I also recognize what you said on the Klan and I didn't mean to indicate I didn't. I just wanted to point out that when you said if the Klan was reinvented as a group that was dedicated to equal rights to everyone they would be the same as radical women's groups that, largely, radical women's groups don't believe in equal rights for everyone, but special rights for women and everyone else should just accept it.

Originally posted by Art

Code,

I put the :) after my post to express a similar jocularity. I may write a similar thing without the smile to express an insult though :).

I also recognize what you said on the Klan and I didn't mean to indicate I didn't. I just wanted to point out that when you said if the Klan was reinvented as a group that was dedicated to equal rights to everyone they would be the same as radical women's groups that, largely, radical women's groups don't believe in equal rights for everyone, but special rights for women and everyone else should just accept it.

OK. Sorry I misunderstood you. (those big words give me problems)

The Klan, because of it's history, is a hindrance to Augusta... But honestly, If any orginization was formed to look out for the rights of whites, it would automatically be called racist.

Originally posted by Art

Ok, Jack.

You keep being disappointed that I don't allow myself to cater to the whims of radical, left-wing women's groups that espouse their agenda at the expense of any other. I know what the Klan is and where it came from. They are currently a dwindling group of insanely stupid people with little to no real ability to have a wide-reaching negative influence on today's society. That's probably how they presently differ from Burke. She's got a growing group of insanely stupid people with a great deal of ability to have a wide-reaching negative influence on today's society.

We'll just be disappointed in each other I suppose :).

If you think you have to defend the KKK to show you ability not to cater to the whims of left-wing women's groups, you might want to step back and examine it more carefully. Comparing them to the KKK only hurts your position. I've always thought of you as a bit of a nudge but I think this is the first time you've gone too far in my opinion.

Jack,

I haven't defended the KKK. I called them, clearly, right-wing, militant group that believes in the superiority of white men in my first post. I clearly wasn't defending them. I was recognizing them, and other groups, for what they are. You should try it.

Comparing the KKK to any other group is unfair and shows a lack of compassion too often missing from those our your side of the politcal spectrum.

Attempting to equate the two groups is pretty lame. You crossed the line of decency in my mind. (and it's not like you have made your opinion known on this topic before without using the KKK)

I hope you take some time and reflect on this.

Jack,

I'm not compassionate about the crimes of dead (or even living ones like Byrd) rednecks.

Today, the KKK is a joke. It's powerless and mostly harmless. I'm not going to put on a sensitivity governor because 50 years ago Klan members killed people and that's not nice and people might be upset by the thought today.

The Klan is presently a toothless club for insane people. Martha Burke heads a fully toothed animal today full of just as insane people espousing similarly nuttiness, if not with the same brazen ignorance.

JackC, I don't trot this out very often, but your incessant and misguided pleas for "compassion" (a.k.a. whininess; a.k.a. believe the way JackC does or else you're a racist, sexist, mean-spirited jerk) in this thread have forced me to offer the following...

shutfup.jpg

Originally posted by Glenn X

JackC, I don't trot this out very often, but your incessant and misguided pleas for "compassion" (a.k.a. whininess; a.k.a. believe the way JackC does or else you're a racist, sexist, mean-spirited jerk) in this thread have forced me to offer the following...

shutfup.jpg

LMFAO!!! Bravo!! Let's be honest...The only reason why Jack is in support of women like Burke is because he likes to be made to pee sitting down and women with hairy pits. :laugh: :laugh:

"F" that bunch of lynch mob hanging, murdering church burning, bull wiping, blowtorching, cross burning bozos. All two or three of them.

When the NOW gang commits the same or like atrocities then we can start comparing the two.

The NOW gang blows but to compare the two is utter nonsense.

Archived