Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Collins have what it takes?

ceekay84

This coming Sunday, we'll be playing over in NY against the 9-4 Giants. Now, the question is, will Collins be up for the challenge and "unleash" the 10 yrs he's been holding back or will he throw a few picks and fold? Does anyone think Collins will actually play a good game? Has Collins ever played against the Giants over in NY? The reason why I'm asking this is because we're 1-4 against the Giants the last 5 times we met...

Shall we trust our #1 QB? :D

i think Collins is going to play sharp and make few mistakes. I dont see him lighting it up at all thought for two reasons : (a) the weather and (B) the Giants defense/pass rush.

I am banking on CP having a good game so Collins wont be eating grass all game. That said I suppose my 'official' prediction for Collins is something like 22/30 for 210 yards 2 td, and 1 int.

i think Collins is going to play sharp and make few mistakes. I dont see him lighting it up at all thought for two reasons : (a) the weather and (B) the Giants defense/pass rush.

I am banking on CP having a good game so Collins wont be eating grass all game. That said I suppose my 'official' prediction for Collins is something like 22/30 for 210 yards 2 td, and 1 int.

uh 22 of 30 for 210 and 2 td 1 int against that giants front four is lighting it up, especially considering he hasn't started in 10 years.

Guest ComebackKing

It's been a decade since the guy has gotten a start how am I supposed to know if he has what it takes? Such a tough question... I sure hope so if he plays like he did vs the Bears we might have a shot!

Didn't we go over this in other threads?

I think argument goes like the following.

Cons: Todd = backup quarterback for life, who has a weaker arm than Boonell.

Pros: Todd = accurate, intelligent passer who knows Al's system inside and out.

------------

There is so little information about him (other than Vermeil's comments) that anything we say will be pure speculation. Personally, I like to think Todd is the real deal that other coaches in the NFL missed out on.

In the course of next 3 games, we will find out of whether Vermeil is right; or if all these know-it-all fans and mediots are right that Todd is a scrub..

The jury is still out as far as I am concerned...old backups are old backups for a reason. It's doubtful that at his age he's suddenly become the be all and end all of quarterbacks.

Maybe we'll get lucky and squeak by the G-men but I'm not setting myself up to have my hopes crushed.

What are you talking about. The jury is still out on Campbell.

All I'm saying is, Brunell was in, everyone was, Campbell this, Campbell that, basing it all off of college and nothing else. He can play, he can do this, well from the looks of it, all he can do is choke in game winning situations, he cant hold on to the ball, and he over throws wide open receivers 80% of the time.

Collin comes in, hasn't played since what, 2000, and looks like a damn stud.

But, wait, NO, can't say he's good because its only one game, yet Campbell we know is good.

**** is GAY

After the Chicago game, i posted several times and said we will see a lot of little dump off plays or even some slants and screens. TC is suited for that. Not a huge arm but seemed very accurate and quick on the release.

Now that it is going to be possibly raining, Saunders will certainly play this kind of game. One we bust up the defense like this for awhile, we'll mix in more running.

Of course, who would expect a deep ball on the first play?

I think TC is a capable QB. How he plays in adverse weather.........that remains to be seen. I've seen very good golfers who couldn't play worth beans in the rain and average golfers who actually played the same as if conditions were favorable. Kinda like horses who are "mudders". A ground attack and short passing game are definitely in order for this week. Gee, that sounds like Brunell should be playing..................Nah!

you forgot reason 3, age.

Archived