Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why don't the skins go after Andre Davis?

GIBBS LIVES

We are getting Brunell's money and lloyd's money off the books. We can afford Davis. He won't break the bank.

No, we aren't. :( When you cut someone, the remainder of their signing bonus gets accelerated into the year you cut them, therefore you still have their numbers in the books for that year. We'll have dead cap from both of them next year.

Andre Davis? Interesting. Depends on how you look at it I guess. If I'm not mistaken, he was drafted in 2002 in the second round and the Redskins drafted Ladell Betts at the time. Seems as though it's worked out fairly even in that Betts is a proven, good back-up RB and Davis is turning out to be a career journeyman. Now he could come in and replace Lloyd,(which may or may not be saying a whole lot), but I don't think he's one to break the bank.

how 'bout we do a better job in the draft, and stop signing high priced free agents that don't work................................. Then we won't need threads like this one.

Davis isn't a high priced free agent. And since you made that comment, shows you don't know anything about him.

Andre Davis? Interesting. Depends on how you look at it I guess. If I'm not mistaken, he was drafted in 2002 in the second round and the Redskins drafted Ladell Betts at the time. Seems as though it's worked out fairly even in that Betts is a proven, good back-up RB and Davis is turning out to be a career journeyman. Now he could come in and replace Lloyd,(which may or may not be saying a whole lot), but I don't think he's one to break the bank.

no, i know he wont break the bank, but my question is, do we have any bank to break?

frankly, i wouldnt mind Lloyd's replacement coming out of the draft but Davis is a relatively solid player. Kinda surprised he's a journeyman but I could see Houston holding on to him

no, i know he wont break the bank, but my question is, do we have any bank to break?

We ask that question every year and it depends on who you listen to and/or believe. One thing we have learned is to wait until after the season is over before guessing whether or not the Redskins have cap room. Actually, more like how much cap room they have.

We ask that question every year and it depends on who you listen to and/or believe. One thing we have learned is to wait until after the season is over before guessing whether or not the Redskins have cap room. Actually, more like how much cap room they have.

I suppose you're right. It'll be interesting, no less.

Frankly, I hope we get Davis or keep McCardell. I've heard Davis is a really good presence in the locker room which is what we need if we draft a WR

I dont think the Redskins do a good job at scouting in their own back yard. They really could hit on some good players from Virginia Tech, Virginia, or even Hampton University but seem to pass on them. Of course we really havent had draft picks the last 4 years but when we do we usually draft players from the "U".

technically it would break the bank, unfortunately our cap situation isnt the best for FA...:(

Here this every year. Skins in "Cap Hell". Well the end of the season starts the Danny and Vinny Show begins. Then one minute we're in "Cap Hell" and the next we're signing a big name F.A.. Experts are left with how did they do that phase.

I think Drafting WRs is really difficult , just like QBs, the level of competition in college is not the same as it is in the NFL. Most college CBs can't cover that why you see such High scoring games most of the time. It is better to get a good WR through free agency. Yes, lloyd was a poor pick but at least you have tape on the guy and know what you're getting. Ocho Cinco is a good pick.

Davis isn't a high priced free agent. And since you made that comment, shows you don't know anything about him.

OK, let me rephrase that since you only read in black and white. How about we do a better job in the draft and stop OVERPAYING for every free agent we sign. Just look at our cap situation and our past performance on the field and figure out that it doesn't match up. It has nothing to do with knowing a player or not.

I guess he must be a family member of yours, since I don't know anything about him.

We are getting Brunell's money and lloyd's money off the books. We can afford Davis. He won't break the bank.

lol.... I love it when people act like they know what they're talking about.

brunell saves us 3 million still 17 million left to go and cutting lloyd actually hurts our salary cap,we'll have to hope lloyd restructures his deal and we can cut him.but we're at the disadvantage. he doesnt play anyways and is making silly stupid money.he'll probably re-structure so he can leave,but hes only gonna save 2-3 million and that still leaves alot to cut though.and worst case he doesnt restructure and we can't move him.

I think Drafting WRs is really difficult ' date=' just like QBs, the level of competition in college is not the same as it is in the NFL. Most college CBs can't cover that why you see such High scoring games most of the time. It is better to get a good WR through free agency. Yes, lloyd was a poor pick but at least you have tape on the guy and know what you're getting. Ocho Cinco is a good pick.[/quote']

I think your right with drafting WR's. Recievers and Quartebacks are prob the hardest positions to pick. I wouldn't mind signing an established wr, but I'm tired of the cap hell we seem to be in every year. It would be one thing if it payed off. But it's pretty much proven that in this sport you can't buy a championship.

Lloyd was a bad pickup because of what we paid him. I still feel he has a ton of talent, but he just hasn't worked out here. He has never been involved in the gameplan for reasons that are beyond me.

Lloyd being cut will cost us at the very least 7 million against the cap. That's unless he gives signing bonus money back, basically paying the team to release him like Lavar did.

Davis is an ok player but nothing special. Probably the type of WR we'd have to sign because of the lack of cap space next year.

]']There is no way he's leaving Houston. Everything they've done to solidify that line would go to waste if their franchise's best offensive player left. They'd go back to square one.

Are you seriously saying that Andre Davis is better than Andre Johnson, or are you confusing the two?

Archived