Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why don't the skins go after Andre Davis?

GIBBS LIVES

I dont think the Redskins do a good job at scouting in their own back yard. They really could hit on some good players from Virginia Tech, Virginia, or even Hampton University but seem to pass on them. Of course we really havent had draft picks the last 4 years but when we do we usually draft players from the "U".

Your saying that as if it was a bad thing... I tend to like our "U" players...

I dont think the Redskins do a good job at scouting in their own back yard. They really could hit on some good players from Virginia Tech, Virginia, or even Hampton University but seem to pass on them. Of course we really havent had draft picks the last 4 years but when we do we usually draft players from the "U".

I think we have only drafted 2 players from the "U". Sean and Rocky...is there someone else?

No, we aren't. :( When you cut someone, the remainder of their signing bonus gets accelerated into the year you cut them, therefore you still have their numbers in the books for that year. We'll have dead cap from both of them next year.

Actually Brunell re-did his contract so I believe we're off the hook for him in 08 if we cut him or he retires. Now Lloyd would be a hit. Not so much after June 1st, but then he'd be dead cap money in 09. Better to keep Lloyd for 08, hope he tears a knee in training camp and then maybe offer him an injury settlement.

Let's not make a bigger deal in signing a guy like Davis than there really is. He is a decent player, but he seems to be making his bones in the special teams arena and we have ARE for punt return and truthfully, Rock Cartwright is having a pro bowl year if he wasn't in the same conference as Devin Hester. I don't mind getting a guy like Andre Davis, but I don't want us to break the bank to get him.

here we go again..lets get more FA. I wish the mods would stop all this FA bull ****. Keep our draft picks.

With only 6 picks or 7 picks, you can't rebuild the team in one year, so while I think he's saying pick up a modest free agent like we did with Fletcher, not break the bank on for example, Chad Johnson if he were available (which he isn't). We need to build through the draft and plug small holes with Free agency. Every team needs to sign free agents every year. We just go overboard with the money.

Archived