Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Gibbs up for "coach of the week"(merged)

allskins

Now there's something I wasn't expecting to see anytime soon. All things considered, though, for this week you've got to give the coaches credit for getting the team ready to play (even if they were "kicked out" of the locker room before gametime).

are you serious?? Coughlin? His players hate him.

dude giants were post to be one of the worst teams in nfl, after losing tiki their best player they are still around and will make the playoffs.

1 division title, 3rd playoff appearances

gibbs hasnt done crap since hes returned, he has more 2nd half collapses then paris hilton has sex tapes.

gibbs=bad coach

sure we won the bears game but its still the same gibbs who cost us the bills game and the other 19 halftime choke jobs. Love him now awile we are winning because gibbs is gonna strike again.

dude giants were post to be one of the worst teams in nfl, after losing tiki their best player they are still around and will make the playoffs.

1 division title, 3rd playoff appearances

gibbs hasnt done crap since hes returned, he has more 2nd half collapses then paris hilton has sex tapes.

gibbs=bad coach

sure we won the bears game but its still the same gibbs who cost us the bills game and the other 19 halftime choke jobs. Love him now awile we are winning because gibbs is gonna strike again.

You can say if the D didnt give up that play before the timeout debacle( Vs the Bills) we wouldnt of lost we win and lose as a team period :helmet:

no freakin way am i voting for him

tom coughlin>joe jackson gibbs

this ">" apparently now means:

couldnt hold a candle to...

doesnt belong in the same sentence as...

used to wax the car of...

doesnt have a cool middle name like...

Besides, the Hall of Famer wouldnt have made this quote about his QB after a loss, which the coach in question did:

"I would have really looked forward to that last drive. They came with a blitz on first down and we didn't see it. Quarterback didn't see it. And he got hit while he was throwing the ball off to the left. It became a real simple interception for them and a touchdown. He should have seen it. He's in the gun, has a good chance to see it, I think is attention is drawn off to the left. He doesn't see it. I mean it happens but you'd like to think he makes the read, hit the hot [receiver], maybe make five or six yards and have it be second down instead of a turnover."

Essentialy throwing Eli (the other) Manning under the proverbial bus....

Get a grip, man!

gibbs=bad coach

:doh: Why do you say stuff like that? First off, I'm not even gonna start because anytime Joe Gibbs comes up in any thread its like "Oh, there goes 909997, with another genious comment like that one" Sure you can argue about the halftime blown leads. But a bad coach? Really dude? With the injuries and adversity this team has had all year, we are in the playoff race with three weeks to go. Think about it. Our situation isn't much different than Atlanta's (lots of injuries on the o-line, and losing our best player) but look where they are and look where we are. Other teams would have packed it in by now. But Joe Gibbs gets the most out his players.

You can say you want a new coach. You can blame him for the close losses.

But don't call him a bad coach. Because that is just stupid. :rant:

this ">" apparently now means:

couldnt hold a candle to...

doesnt belong in the same sentence as...

used to wax the car of...

doesnt have a cool middle name like...

Besides, the Hall of Famer wouldnt have made this quote about his QB after a loss, which the coach in question did:

"I would have really looked forward to that last drive. They came with a blitz on first down and we didn't see it. Quarterback didn't see it. And he got hit while he was throwing the ball off to the left. It became a real simple interception for them and a touchdown. He should have seen it. He's in the gun, has a good chance to see it, I think is attention is drawn off to the left. He doesn't see it. I mean it happens but you'd like to think he makes the read, hit the hot [receiver], maybe make five or six yards and have it be second down instead of a turnover."

Essentialy throwing Eli (the other) Manning under the proverbial bus....

Get a grip, man!

manning deserves to be under the bus

thats what coaches do criticize you and fire you up.

gibbs is to feminine to coach modern day football, i bet portis can inspire the team better then gibbs.

gibbs is a nice guy great guy but hes not a football guy.

manning deserves to be under the bus

thats what coaches do criticize you and fire you up.

gibbs is to feminine to coach modern day football, i bet portis can inspire the team better then gibbs.

gibbs is a nice guy great guy but hes not a football guy.

Oh THAT's what coaches do...thanks for the lesson.

Frankly, Coughlin made it to the AFC Championship riding the crazy NFL Supplemental Draft that allowed the Jaguars and Panthers to hand pick unprotected veterans from existing teams to build their own. Interesting that both teams made it to their respective Conference Championships almost immediately. He has built a career off of that group.

Please tell me how this run of the mill drill sergeant turned "players coach" is in ANY WAY greater than Joe Gibbs.

Too feminine?? Please elaborate. Actually, please don't. Do everyone a favor and capitalize the name of the MAN who has and will continue to walk through walls for his players and staff despite those who cannot appreciate the way he goes about his business. I cant imagine that the resuscitation that he has had to perform on this franchise since January 2004 could have been performed better by anyone else from the standpoint of a President and Head Coach.

Feel free to respond, but i seriously realize that this conversation is WAY over your head already.

Archived