Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I see how this works.

Art

So, today, England supports Blair by a count of 434 to 124 to support a resolution on Iraq. A group of people then tried to add an amendment to that supported resolution asking that words be used to say war is just a last resort. That was defeated 393 to 199.

How does this get played on CNN right now?

Blair suffers huge revolt on Iraq

199 lawmakers vote against Blair policy

So, 393 vote FOR Blair and the story is that 199 voted against him. Astounding the lengths the liberal media will go to portray every victory as a defeat. This is like the media leading with the story that Estrada has 46 senators against his confirmation while ignoring the 54 that support him.

Way to go CNN. Way to enforce liberal bias :).

Any idea how many of Blair's party-members voted against it? It was by-far the most ever to dissent from the party-line while he was PM. This is a bit significant concerning his support within his own party. It is not too common for a party-line to be crossed when the issue is as important as this one, especially by so many.

I know a lot of support was from the Conservative Party in England.

Originally posted by JackC

As long as the definition of "last resort" was not spelled out why would anyone vote against that part of the resolution? That's the story I bet CNN and FOX miss!

In other words, why not vote for something that's hopelessly ambiguous?

I'll answer your question: because you're vote is hopefully not mean to allow your political opponents to have weasel room.

Originally posted by redman

In other words, why not vote for something that's hopelessly ambiguous?

I'll answer your question: because you're vote is hopefully not mean to allow your political opponents to have weasel room.

Yes. Why vote against something that is ambiguous but yet a good thing to say?

I would vote for the general principle to "leave no child behind" too! (whatever that means!)

On a side note, what idiot does the hiring/formatting at CNN? Paula Zahn was a great addition, but is anyone surprised that retread losers like Phil Donahue and Connie Chung can't generate an audience? I still can't figure out how Connie Chung ever got an TV. She has no presence, no charisma, no discernible intellect. Makes ya wonder.

For an interview, Barbara Walters still kicks a$$.

Anyone catch the interview with the "Preppy Murderer" Robert Chambers last night? Don't know who the guy was doing the interview, but he was giving it to him pretty good. Chambers still clings to his story even in the face of contradicting evidence. The interviewer pretty much told him he was full of $hit ... and everyone knew it.

Archived