Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Mix earning his way in ST,(Mixed and merged).

PlayAction

Two very nice special teams tackles last night. Considering the number of WRs on the team it looks like he's got a chance to stay with the team long term if he continues to shine in ST. I hope the kid has good hands so that the QBs finally have a large target at WR.

The Skins made a great move by snatching Mix from the Giants developmental squad. Giant fans up here are crying their hearts out.

Anthony Mix can do it all but he's got to be given the chance to play. Joe Gibbs has a tendency to not part waves with first stringers and a guy like Mix needs a chance to break into the starting lineup.

That's my one and only knock on Joe Gibbs.

I think you have to credit Jason Campbell for getting Mix involved with Special Teams. Jason and Anthony played together in college and I'm sure Campbell suggested to Mix that he become involved anyway possible to become regonized by Coach Smith and eventually, Joe Gibbs. Anthony has the knack to become what Lloyd is not. Mix is not affraid to put it on the line, unlike Brandon Lloyd.

Anthony Mix can do it all but he's got to be given the chance to play. Joe Gibbs has a tendency to not part waves with first stringers and a guy like Mix needs a chance to break into the starting lineup.

That's my one and only knock on Joe Gibbs.

C'mon. The guy is probably still trying to get familiar with the offense. He actually has been in a handful of offensive plays, just that nothing has been thrown at him.

Course, when you have Moss, ARE, McCardell and Caldwell ahead of you, it is kinda hard to get on the field.

I think you have to credit Jason Campbell for getting Mix involved with Special Teams. Jason and Anthony played together in college and I'm sure Campbell suggested to Mix that he become involved anyway possible to become regonized by Coach Smith and eventually, Joe Gibbs. Anthony has the knack to become what Lloyd is not. Mix is not affraid to put it on the line, unlike Brandon Lloyd.

I doubt Campbell had anything to do with getting Mix on special teams. I'm sure that Mix has a lot to do with getting himself onto Special Teams.

Jason

Course, when you have Moss, ARE, McCardell and Caldwell ahead of you, it is kinda hard to get on the field.

Wouldn't this make it easier for him to get on the field? None of these guys are world beaters. I think it would be nice to see some size at the WR position. Moss is always hurt, ARE is coming along very well, McCardell is old but playing well, and Caldwell hasn't shown a ton aside from one game.

As a giant fan i expected alot more from Mix. He had a decent preseason but it took a turn when he could only play as a backup to Plax, for some reason he couldnt grasp the slot WR position. He also had a big problem with his hands. From what i remember he was dropping way to many passes for the coaches to have faith in him. I thought he had the tools however and they gave up on him too soon.

Archived