Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Original Sean Taylor Ribbon Design. Now Vectorized.

slinky

Well. I finally vectorized my original design of the ribbon/redskins feathers. I am thinking of adding it to sell for profits to go to the Sean Taylor Fund.

It's crazy how wide and fast this design spread. I go on myspace/facebook now and I see it everywhere as people's default profile photos. thousands of profiles...

I actually made it originally as a support ribbon on the night Sean got shot and was still in the hospital fighting for his life... I didn't think I was making a remembrance ribbon. :(

But the idiot that I can be at times, I made the ribbon quickly and low resolution for the web... here they are from originals

stribbonwhitesv3.gifstribbonblackuw9.gif

Now here is the vectorized version... anyone know the best places for printing window stickers and such?

stribbonwhitevectordk7.gif

stribbonblackvectorao6.gif

Anyone who wants one, I will update when they are available.

my designs already been copied many times... but i am cool with it.

and if i do create anything for sale, I will see to it that you have proof that all profits go to the fund.

also, i just sent and email to a company that creates a very unique product that this can be used for that I know people would LOVE to have... I sent them a proposal that they would create the product and all profits would go to the fund. Once I get word back from them then I will let you know what it is... it is VERY cool. You will want one :)

Well. I finally vectorized my original design of the ribbon/redskins feathers. I am thinking of adding it to sell for profits to go to the Sean Taylor Fund.

It's crazy how wide and fast this design spread. I go on myspace/facebook now and I see it everywhere as people's default profile photos. thousands of profiles...

I actually made it originally as a support ribbon on the night Sean got shot and was still in the hospital fighting for his life... I didn't think I was making a remembrance ribbon. :(

But the idiot that I can be at times, I made the ribbon quickly and low resolution for the web... here they are from originals

stribbonwhitesv3.gifstribbonblackuw9.gif

Now here is the vectorized version... anyone know the best places for printing window stickers and such?

stribbonwhitevectordk7.gif

stribbonblackvectorao6.gif

Anyone who wants one, I will update when they are available.

Went to clinton portis' website and saw that he had a very similar design to yours. Pretty cool that you got your design on his website. It would have been better if it had been under different circumstances. Nevertheless, I guess it is an honor for you to have someone use your design in one our fallen sports icons website.

not to hate, you must have live traced your original design in illustrator, but the 21 now just looks weird. you should remove that 21 and put the 21 over the ribbon in the original font and not the traced version.

also, in your signature Art Monk is #18...

hahaha. nice catch on the #18... wow... thats what happens when you flip an image horizontally and you are too drunk to notice (jokin about being drunk)

also you caught me.... i did use a program to trace the original design... i am just not a great illustrator (yet).... but i needed to get it vectorized fast.

:silly:

Count me in for a couple too!! I know another member posted this, but we should sell these inconjunction with the ES Sean Taylor memorial shirts and send all the profits to the charities we decide on.

you know something? that is a great idea!

i say whoever came up with it should get a free shirt and pin!!! ;)

Archived