Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terence Newman Targets Jon Kitna For 'Revenge'-EDIT-NFL warns TN

DWinzit

he stands large in the pocket among pressure....you can't teach that...but yes a tremendous OL and system helps.

But that's the lie. It's only very recently that I would call their offensive line even good. Definitely not tremendous.

People are funny to me, it's like sometimes only a few of us are the only ones to actually watch games of other teams, here commentary and discussion about them, etc.

Cowboys CB Terence Newman Backs Off From Comments

Cowboys defensive back Terence Newman said earlier in the week that he'll be looking to give Lions quarterback Jon Kitna a little payback for critical comments that Kitna made about the Dallas defense after Detroit (somehow) beat the Cowboys to cap the 2006 regular season. Then, the NFL swooped in to make Newman aware of the reality that any efforts to target Kitna will be met with a stiff fine, and possibly with a suspension. So what does Newman have to say about it? Essentially, "I'm just kidding." "[Kitna] didn't say anything bad to me," Newman said on Friday, according to the Dallas Morning News. "I was trying to make a joke about it. I don't even blitz. I blitz like four times a year. Besides, he's bigger than me."

Source: Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk.com

You know if Newman comes on a blitz and Kitna gets hurt not only should he get fined but should be suspended for the rest of the season. If he ends Kitnas season then he should have his career ended. Newman isn't all that good either. He gets burned a lot also. I feel Goodell will have his referees keeping an eye out for that and he will be tuned into that game especially. I bet you Jerry Jones has also put him on notice. Because this could turn ugly.

You know if Newman comes on a blitz and Kitna gets hurt not only should he get fined but should be suspended for the rest of the season. If he ends Kitnas season then he should have his career ended. Newman isn't all that good either. He gets burned a lot also. I feel Goodell will have his referees keeping an eye out for that and he will be tuned into that game especially. I bet you Jerry Jones has also put him on notice. Because this could turn ugly.

he gets burned a lot? you obviously have rarely seen him play. :laugh:

If Newman comes on a blitz and rings Kitna's bell it shouldn't be a penalty or suspension, unless it is foreman to head or helmet to helmet contact.

If Newman comes on a blitz and rings Kitna's bell it shouldn't be a penalty or suspension, unless it is foreman to head or helmet to helmet contact.

I agree, if someone gets hurt in football it's generally because of the nature of football. Now if Newman takes a cheap shot then by all means punish him, but if he delivers a big hit (legal) and Kitna doesn't get up, you can't punish that.

Archived