Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terence Newman Targets Jon Kitna For 'Revenge'-EDIT-NFL warns TN

DWinzit

The way the Commish is cracking down, he could start fining just for making statements like these.

Terence Newman Targets Jon Kitna For 'Revenge'

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman said Tuesday the threat of a fine won't be a deterrent should he get the chance to take a shot at Detroit quarterback Jon Kitna on Sunday. Newman's comments came one day after Cowboys linebacker Bradie James said he was looking forward to making Kitna pay for comments he made in January about the Dallas defense. In an interview with a Seattle radio station shortly after Kitna led the Lions to a 39-31 victory over the Cowboys in last season's finale, Kitna called James ineffective and said he didn't think Newman was as talented as Seahawks corner Marcus Trufant. "Basically, what it boils down to is you've got to watch what you say," Newman told SIRIUS NFL Radio. "Your mouth can't write checks that your ass can't cash. That's what it comes down to. Everybody's going to see those quotes. "He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge because I've got 15, 25, 30 (thousand dollars) however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet, definitely."

Source: San Antonio Express-News

He didn't even say anything that bad.......

He said that he has enough money to cover the fine for an illegal hit. He insinuated that he plans to act on any opportunity to make an illegal hit. There aren't many things he could have said that would be worse, other than "I'm going to hit John Kitna illegally, no matter what happens."

Well I am not sure what can be done about simply saying words, but if does indeed follow through....it could and should be a suspension.

Of course if the rest of us are lucky, when Newman goes to Blitz, Roy Williams will be assigned to cover that WR and of course the WR will burn Roy Williams....then Kevin Jones will pick up the blitz, put Newman on his butt, and Kitna throws a deep post route for a TD.

Goodell will suspend Newman and James just to protect Kitna.

No way does the NFL let those two loose. The NFL is a protect the QB at all cost league.

Now if Newman said he was going after Kevin Jones or Calvin Johnson, Goodell could care less.

If anyone that needs to be fired it's Goodell, after his Bellichick debacle.

Goodell will suspend Newman and James just to protect Kitna.

No way does the NFL let those two loose. The NFL is a protect the QB at all cost league.

Now if Newman said he was going after Kevin Jones or Calvin Johnson, Goodell could care less.

If anyone that needs to be fired it's Goodell, after his Bellichick debacle.

WOW you seriously have no clue when u write

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-4-67/Kitna-clarifies-his-comments.html

Kitna claims his comments were "taken out of context":

On whether he's aware of the reaction to comments he made on a Seattle radio station in January by several of Dallas' players: The media department here prepared me for that and told me about that. That was something that unfortunately has been taken as something that was serious. It was something that I said to my hometown radio station after our season was over, and we were having a good time back there. It was really nothing that was a personal thing. It was just that we were trying to have fun on a radio station back there. Unfortunately it's been used in a way that I was trying to degrade players and that's really not what it was about.

:laugh:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-4-67/Kitna-clarifies-his-comments.html

Kitna claims his comments were "taken out of context":

On whether he's aware of the reaction to comments he made on a Seattle radio station in January by several of Dallas' players: The media department here prepared me for that and told me about that. That was something that unfortunately has been taken as something that was serious. It was something that I said to my hometown radio station after our season was over, and we were having a good time back there. It was really nothing that was a personal thing. It was just that we were trying to have fun on a radio station back there. Unfortunately it's been used in a way that I was trying to degrade players and that's really not what it was about.

:laugh:

now he's scared. Ware and Ellis could combine for 6+ sacks on Sunday. :laugh:

He said that he has enough money to cover the fine for an illegal hit. He insinuated that he plans to act on any opportunity to make an illegal hit. There aren't many things he could have said that would be worse, other than "I'm going to hit John Kitna illegally, no matter what happens."

no i meant jon kitna when i said that

What's Newman getting so worked up about? Trufant IS BETTER THAN Newman.

Dont hate on someone just because the truth hurts.

how often have you seen Trufant play? I'm not saying that you are wrong, because I have rarely seen Trufant play, but I am surprised to hear you say that simply because you are the first person (besides Kitna) that I have heard say that...Newman is a VERY good CB.

Archived