Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for the mods

borninblood

because its not a curse word. people are offended by lots of things, doesn't mean it needs to be filtered. the word "retard" is often deemed offensive and people will politely ask you to remove it from your post if it offends them. you have the option of ignoring their request, or you can honor it.

because its not a curse word. people are offended by lots of things, doesn't mean it needs to be filtered. the word "retard" is often deemed offensive and people will politely ask you to remove it from your post if it offends them. you have the option of ignoring their request, or you can honor it.

Who says it's not a curse word?

According to these guys it is ;)

http://www.noswearing.com/list.php#g

I presented a word that offends me. I did not use it in any other way.

You Sir, used it to offend someone that was stating that they were offended by it.

Hmm...Seems as though, like you, I used a lower-case "g."

I would think the least we could do to honor the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be to capitalize his name when we use it. Maybe you disagree. :)

i usede a lower case g because i refuse to associate the true and living God with such a phrase ;)

Wow. So we agree on something. And therefore, there's no need for you to be offended when I didn't even reference your (read: our) God.

:cheers:

So we can say goddamn, but we can't say ****, **** or *****?

We can't even say *****? Or ******? Or ********?

:wtf: (For some reason that's okay.) :finger:

Yeah. And we can say dick but not ****, which only serves to prevent us from talking about South Carolina football.

*edit* Can I say Game****? OK....nm....

:laugh:

Yeah. And we can say dick but not ****, which only serves to prevent us from talking about South Carolina football.

*edit* Can I say Game****? OK....nm....

:laugh:

Yeah, I think that was censored even pre-Spurrier ... we had to censor **** in fairness to the banning of *****.

Of course, we can still say cracker while we can't say ******, and that doesn't seem fair ... I wonder who would be best to lead that protest? :idea:

U i didnt post it fast enough ;)

So I used the same word, didn't capitalize the "g" for the same reason, and somehow you take offense to my language, but not your own? Come on, Don, if you've got the time and energy to get upset about this, your life is pretty good.

I truly don't get it, but if I actually offended you, I apologize. My intent was a lame joke. No more, no less.

So I used the same word, didn't capitalize the "g" for the same reason, and somehow you take offense to my language, but not your own? Come on, Don, if you've got the time and energy to get upset about this, your life is pretty good.

I truly don't get it, but if I actually offended you, I apologize. My intent was a lame joke. No more, no less.

i figured it was a joke.. i wasnt truly offended by it.

i used to use the word a lot, i don't anymore

a lot of my friends use it, i choose not to

im bored at work right now and saw that in a few posts and thought I would ask why it is allowed to be used... im not for censorship of any kind, but iof you are gonna censor other words why not that one

Yeah, I think that was censored even pre-Spurrier ... we had to censor **** in fairness to the banning of *****.

Of course, we can still say cracker while we can't say ******, and that doesn't seem fair ... I wonder who would be best to lead that protest? :idea:

Wait...If y'all are banning *****, I'm outta here. :laugh:

Maybe I'll just start censoring cracker on my own. How would that be Teej? If you don't like it, you can just go lick the squirt-cheese off your *******. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived