Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis/Gibbs Love Em' but gotta Go

Cooool...E

To say Clinton Portis has no heart and no fire in his eyes is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. Not to live in the past but i remember someone that you said "has no heart" carry us into our last playoff win. And watch plays where Portis doesn't get the ball he's throwing his body out there making big blocks. All it takes is for him to have another 100+ game and win and you'll be saying i love clinton portis.

Do I need to validate with stats?? C'mon homer, do you really think this Gibbs/Portis formula is working? I mean really, do I really need stats at this point? What is it, do you like when Clinton gets 25 carries for 50 yds? When was was the last time he broke a long run Beef?
So it's ALL Clinton and Gibbs' fault? You use one games statistics and consider that proof?

I have been down on Portis this year, and I wish he would be more active in looking for other options than just going after the originally designated hole. However, when there are NO holes because the right side of the line is out with injuries, their backups are playing through injuries and the defense is stacking the intact side, it makes things a little more difficult. There's a reason we were playing in a jumbo package most of the day and it's NOT because Al Saunders prefers it.

You say WE are in denial, but if you looked further down the page, you would see a poll that shows WE think Gibbs should move on after this year. I voted for that option as well. You say we are blind to Clinton's flaws but there are too many threads to count caling for his head. Do you at least understand why you come off as a fool?

What do you know? Why don't you give me some of your insight. What do you think? Lets honor his contract next year because he is such an integral part of this winning team.

We've all been giving you insight...I don't know about your ability to read or your level of reading comprehension but i will try to make this simple for you lets try math

Clinton Portis + No offensive line = No yards

He really doesn't

Alexander has a great year, loses the best o-linemen, their line struggles and boom alexander becomes average

that same olinemen goes to minny and now every RB they got runs wild ,

WOAH what could the common denominator be here? ... its really not that hard to understand but some people just lack the brain power

That is what I don't understand. You are happy with coach Gibbs and Portis. You think that is the formula to lead us to the promise land. Think again. Ryan Grant of GB has busted more long TD runs than CP this year, please tell me more. We should pay him more money so I can go throw up. You know nothing--

That is what I don't understand. You are happy with coach Gibbs and Portis. You think that is the formula to lead us to the promise land. Think again. Ryan Grant of GB has busted more long TD runs than CP this year, please tell me more. We should pay him more money so I can go throw up. You know nothing--

Green Bay's offensive line actually blocks why dont you try reading a post rather then throwing out random facts.

Some people amaze me. Cool E is the same guy who feels the need to leave games when they are tied and the game is on the line. We don't need fans like you. It really doesn't matter who we have, with two pedestrian players manning the right side such as Fabini and Wade, Portis simply is not going to torch defenses the way he usually does.

That is what I don't understand. You are happy with coach Gibbs and Portis. You think that is the formula to lead us to the promise land. Think again. Ryan Grant of GB has busted more long TD runs than CP, please tell me we should pay him more money so I can go throw up. You know nothing--

I was talking about Portis , and "thank you for proving my point" look at GB's line and look at ours ....

its not that hard but its ok, I realize you must be new to football but if you keep watching and if you PAY attention then you will start to learn the basics of how the game works , hang it there :laugh:

I am amazed at the amount of people that spew non-sense like this when they have no knowledge of the game. Either that or they didnt watch the game and just looked at the box score.

What is the deal with the football knowledge BS. I know that my underachieving running back is way overpaid and we lose year after year. I am tired of it.. it is real simple. I have plenty of football knowledge that I don't need to prove this point. How is this nonsense??? Please----

Good thing you own property...do you make business decisions like you post on here? Senseless and with no point?

Again, how is this senseless?? My team is headed for disaster again. I have an underachieving team that starts with CP with his huge cap numbers. If we pay him that kind of money next year we will be doomed once again.

Again, how is this senseless?? My team is headed for disaster again. I have an underachieving team that starts with CP with his huge cap numbers. If we pay him that kind of money next year we will be doomed once again.
Can I ask, do you know what the monetary affects of cutting Portis are? You make the claim that cutting him will help us, so I just want to make sure you did your homework. I'll save you the time. We would save $91,000. Go to sleep.

You guys Portis isn't the problem. Offense starts upfront and if you can't block you aren't going to win games. Portis needs help. He can still run and can still hit the hole hard. He needs a line and Sellers to help him out. And a coach who doesn't call a draw play out of a shotgun set on third down....just a thought

Can I ask' date=' do you know what the monetary affects of cutting Portis are? You make the claim that cutting him will help us, so I just want to make sure you did your homework. I'll save you the time. We would save $91,000. Go to sleep.[/quote']

I did not say cut, when did I say cut him. If the Redskins do one thing well it is get rid of players and manage the cap. Believe me he will not be back next year or at a very reduced rate. Please explain to me how CP has deserved his contract?? What has he brought to this organization besides some halloween costumes and one playoff win. Go to sleep Beef your running out of excuses for your underachieving pal.

I did not say cut, when did I say cut him. If the Redskins do one thing well it is get rid of players and manage the cap. Believe me he will not be back next year or at a very reduced rate. Please explain to me how CP has deserved his contract?? What has he brought to this organization besides some halloween costumes and one playoff win. Go to sleep Beef your running out of excuses for your underachieving pal.
So you want to get rid of him, but don't want to cut him? Surely you don't think anyone would trade for him considering his hefty contract. You are talking yourself in circles.

Archived