Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Firing Joe Gibbs now sends a terrible message

hammerva

Guest sith lord
Why is everyone firing Gibbs after one mistake he made, which probably didn't cost us the game anyway?

No one wants Gibbs fired. But many of us wants him to resign and it's not just about the TO's yesterday. It's because he's not that good of a coach anymore.

While I think his tenure as head coach should end, he definitely should NOT be fired now. That, or his stepping down, should NOT take place until the season ends. Anything done now with four games still left to be played would create even more chaos than what's already plaguing the team now.
Having Al calling the plays would make us a better team INSTANTLY. You think our players have faith in a coach that doesn't even remember the rules of the game? Behind the scenes, I think not. As they were JG selected "character" guys, they keep their mouths shut about it. But it is foolish to think the players believe that they will go anywhere with this coach, and they all know he is hurting their careers.

But Danny won't fire JG, and JG will not step down until at least the end of the season.

He isn't going anywhere. I do think that he has had some major mistakes. Remember, back in the day he was an offensive guru, but he failed to run the football in his first year with the redskins. It wasn't until he was threatened by fans and management to be fired that he started to turn things around. He either needs to figure out the modern NFL which is moving the football through intermediate passing game and also controlling the ball with the running game late. There is no reason to fire Coach Gibbs, but there is a reason to voice displeasure at how things are going. I hope that he turns it around next year because this team is too talented to be left out of the terrible NFC.

Archived