Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would you respond?

mainman

First let me start by saying if this has been covered I apologize...

My child is 7, 2 years of pop warner under his belt.. Huge skins fan.. and even bigger Taylor fan. Sports Seans jersey (so much in fact the numbers are wearing off and he needs a new one,) has many Taylor football cards (including rookie card) Every time he laid someone out in peewee he would ask me after his game, "wasn't that how Taylor would have done it"...

He was heartbroken this week over Taylors death and I took him to Fed Ex to say goodbye to Sean in his own way.

Now... a coworker of mine asked me yesterday...

"how could you let your child wear his jersey and you both mourn his death, he was a thug, he spit in another mans face on national television"

Consequently I am also a HUGE Taylor fan as well... There is a picture of my son and I on this very website from opening day sporting our ST jerseys....

How do you respond to this?? What do you say?

There's nothing you can say to a person like that. He's made up his mind based on what the media is telling him to believe and you can't change it. Just tell him you are sorry he's so willing to jump to those conclusions and that you hope he'll understand one day that it's important to make up your own mind about things instead of blindly regurgitating biased television opinions like they are your own. Then walk away.

You could always mention the fact that he was never arrested for drugs, rape, stealing, murder, or accused of cheating. He was never in trouble because he was flaunting his money by making it rain, or hanging out in clubs all hours of the night with his thug friends getting into trouble. Was he perfect. No. However, there are a lot worse athletes and celeberties out there that your son could like.

I thought it was coincidental that he spit in Pittman's face? From what he told coaches is that they were shouting back and forth and he accidentally spit (im sure you've all done it and embarassed yourself) in his face. It happens. Or did he really just straight up spit right in his face.

Responses appreciated, not sure spitting in my coworkers face is appropriate but, either way.

I was testing the water to see had anyone else come into contact with any negativity surrounding Seans death. All day long I struggled with taking a 7 year old child to the memorial for someone who was murdered. In the end I felt it appropriate and a part of healing for my child. I also do not question taking him there now, I know I did the right thing...

]']Ask her how spotless her life has been' date=' and tell her that simply because she did one dishonerable thing in her past, nobody ought to care for her, ever again.[/quote']

sounds like a good response to me.

why do people feel the need to judge someone solely on the mistakes they have made as opposed to the positive aspects?

Archived