Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Topics That Have Been Put On The Back Burner (for good reason)

armada58

I found myself thinking this morning about the issues revolving around The Redskins but not related to this weeks tragedy. I didn't see too many of them being talked about (Nothing wrong with that, by the way. There's larger issues on our plates right now) So, I figured I'd try and start a thread to talk about some of them. Here goes.........

1. After week 2 we were told that Randy Thomas might be available in December. Well, it's December. How are we doing on that? Where is Randy at? Can he practice/play? Is he still a few weeks away?

2. I saw that Trent Edwards would be starting this week and that Marshawn Lynch as well as Anthony Thomas probably won't play. Gotta love that! It's about time another team had some injury issues besides us before one of our games. What I saw from Trent Edwards earlier this season was a rookie with potential, but he's still very very raw. I also did not see a guy with a big arm. He's more of a West Coast style QB and not a chucker like Losman.

3. How's Sellers?? We need him big time.

4. Campbell's performance the last 3 weeks (IMO) has been fantastic despite the late game INT's. I still think we're blessed to watch our franchise QB mature before our eyes. What I hope to see this week is the same accuracy and playmaking abaility during the game, but I want him to take that next step and close out the 4th Quarter like I know he can. I've seen everything out of him that I want to see EXCEPT late game heroics. Time to add that to his rep.

5. I'm actually more comfortable with Heyer than Wade. I'm not sure I can explain it, but Heyer just seems to have a higher ceiling. Heyer might just be our starting RT next year (not a prediction, just a possibility).

6. Do we get to see Anthony Mix this week? I don't have any particular high hopes for this kid. What I really want to see is what a big tall WR looks like in this offense and with Campbell.

..........I'm sure there's more items. Anyway, GO SKINS!! Gonna be an emotional Sunday for everybody. Lets make it 6-6!!

:logo: :point2sky :logo:

I'm not at all ready to talk about any of this but i'll try

I am very pleased with the play of McCardell over the weeks and Caldwell really had a nice game last week, made a lot of nice grabs. Lets remember that Campbell is throwing for all these yards with an old WR and a guy who even Tom Brady couldnt make look good.

Campbell still needs to use his feet more, but when he does I want him sliding which ive never seen him do.

I agree with you on Heyer

5. I'm actually more comfortable with Heyer than Wade. I'm not sure I can explain it, but Heyer just seems to have a higher ceiling. Heyer might just be our starting RT next year (not a prediction, just a possibility).

i feel the same way....i think he is a steal here, and if jansen does make it back heyer is great for depth!!

you know he is doing well when you dont hear his name called durning the game

Yeah, it would be nice to have Sellers back for this game... pounding him and 26 would make it easier for McCardell and Reche to make the same plays they made last week.

I haven't heard more than a peep lately about Randy, you're right. Anybody have any info on his return?

1. After week 2 we were told that Randy Thomas might be available in December. Well, it's December. How are we doing on that? Where is Randy at? Can he practice/play? Is he still a few weeks away?

He just started coming back to practice this week. It might take him a week or two to get back into game playing shape.

6. Do we get to see Anthony Mix this week? I don't have any particular high hopes for this kid. What I really want to see is what a big tall WR looks like in this offense and with Campbell.

I saw him in on a couple of snaps last week. I don't expect to see him do much this year.

Jason

Randy Thomas has practiced but is not in game shape. I think he's supposed to suit up for the game but will probably play next week. He said that he feels good but was only able to run one lap. He'd likely be winded during the game if he had to play a significant portion of the game. But you never know he might get in there.

Stephon Heyer did pretty well against the Bucs. I'm not going to get to excited about him right now because I remember all the raving that was done with Kedric Golston when he was pressed into action as a rookie. In year 2 he was no longer a starter. But, hopefully he'll at least be a quality backup. Jansen may be back next year around the time the season starts. But, IMO he's been a bit weak in pass protection. Jansen may be too expensive to let go. He's been hurt so much the last three years its hard to tell whether he's on a serious decline or whether it's just bad luck with the injuries. If he stays and is the starter then we've got two backup tackles. IMO we need to upgrade the backup Guard position. I'd like to see a 3rd round pick devoted to the OL.

If the new Auburn WR makes it out onto the field I have to imagine it will only be in limited situations. Skins have 7 on the active roster including Farris who's more knowlegeable with the Offense.

Mike Sellers hasn't practiced.

Skins have 7 on the active roster including Farris who's more knowlegeable with the Offense.

QUOTE]

didnt we release farris. Im pretty sure we did.

They did release him but I read that he was re-signed again. The current Skins roster on Redskins.com shows a total of 7 WRs including Farris.

Archived