Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wife and I decided to name our daughter after Sean Taylor

Commander Adama

My wife has been crying ever since hearing about Sean yesterday morning. Myself, I have choked back a lot of tears, but last night while sleeping I sat up and had an epiphany. I wanted to name our daughter after Sean. So, I woke up my wife and told her. She was ecstatic about the idea. So, in about 8 months we will welcome into the world, God willing, Addison Taylor Richard. I hope she can grow from immaturity into a fantastic adult, like Sean. That she can be so grounded and focused as Sean became. We watched Sean grow up from an immature 20 year-old to a blossoming, classy man. When he said "I just take this job very seriously. It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that.' So I just say, 'I'm healthy right now, I'm going into my fourth year, and why not do the best that I can?' And that's whatever it is, whether it's eating right or training myself right, whether it's studying harder, whatever I can do to better myself." And he did.

So here's to hoping my daughter, Addison Taylor, will grow up to be the type of person, Sean Taylor became. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help crying while writing this one.

God Bless

HTTR

Congratulations! What a wonderful way to pay tribute to a good man. Your daughter will enjoy listening to you tell stories about Sean Taylor and why you and your wife named her after him. Maybe you could find a jersey for her before they are all gone. My brother and his wife bought a jersey for each of their sons before their first birthday and each year they take a picture of them wearing the jersey. I always enjoy seeing the new pictures each year. It is a great way to watch them grow up and into their jerseys.

HTTR

That's funny - we're expecting our first next May and I was thinking of doing the same thing if I can talk the wife into it lol. She's not a sports fan - which is good because I get to watch the games in peace, but I wish she understood how I feel about losing Sean.

Good for you - and congrats on the new addition and having a wife that shares your feelings.

Addison Taylor?

I hope you don't take offense, but that's a funky name for a girl.

Hell, there is some precidence for calling a girl Sean, but Addison?

Sorry, but I tend to be a traditionalist when naming kids. It is a good gesture anyways. (My wife was tempted to name our kid Santana...)

Jason

im a soon-2-be father myself...i WISH my wife was as awesome as yours LOL (She's a Giants fan)

Great gesture....

LOL you guys can still name your child Taylor and have conflicting stories as to whether the child was named after Sean Taylor or Lawrence Taylor :silly:

As for the thread starter :applause:

I understand being saddened by this tragedy. But, how do you really cry about someone you don't even know? Was Sean Taylor your neighbor or someone you have had personal contact? If not, why don't we have the same emotional reaction to the deaths that occur in the DC area all the time?

It is different if you are a team member or family. Those people actually knew him and really mourn his loss. What are the rest of us really doing? Mourning an image of who we think this person was?

I can tell from the messages that I'm in the minority but I think you'll look strange naming your child after Sean Taylor. If Sean Taylor was your personal friend then it's a great thing to do. If you never spoke to the guy in your life then it's just weird. Sorry.

how rude can you get. why post this at all. Who cares what you think about the name. THe mother and father chose that name. SO its special to them. What is you name so I can talk **** about your name. Your a joke.

Addison Taylor?

I hope you don't take offense, but that's a funky name for a girl.

Hell, there is some precidence for calling a girl Sean, but Addison?

Sorry, but I tend to be a traditionalist when naming kids. It is a good gesture anyways. (My wife was tempted to name our kid Santana...)

Jason

again who care what the hell you think. Some people in this world just have no place.

I understand being saddened by this tragedy. But, how do you really cry about someone you don't even know? Was Sean Taylor your neighbor or someone you have had personal contact? If not, why don't we have the same emotional reaction to the deaths that occur in the DC area all the time?

It is different if you are a team member or family. Those people actually knew him and really mourn his loss. What are the rest of us really doing? Mourning an image of who we think this person was?

I can tell from the messages that I'm in the minority but I think you'll look strange naming your child after Sean Taylor. If Sean Taylor was your personal friend then it's a great thing to do. If you never spoke to the guy in your life then it's just weird. Sorry.

Merely living in the same place as someone can warrant you being saddened but its not enough of a personal connection. If you truly do love football - everything from the players to the coaches to the game itself - and you're rooting for a guy to do his best and reach his potential for several years, then you've got a much stronger connection to him than some nameless, faceless person who died in the streets of DC.

No one here is as devastated as they would be if Sean Taylor was their son or nephew or brother... but that doesn't mean that they can't be very upset by it. The rest of us are simply mourning the loss of someone we all loved to watch on Sundays who seemed like a very good guy even if we didn't know him on a personal level.

People have done much weirder things in naming their kids.

Archived