Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh how I am going to miss the ST vs RW debates

bubba9497

Losing him was bad, not only from a human standpoint, but also a football standpoint. I know football is not important right now, but it was his livelihood. We have a huge hole in the middle of our secondary right now that may not be filled for quite some time. TO exposed us over the middle and it's sad to say that it will continue with him gone.

Losing him was bad, not only from a human standpoint, but also a football standpoint. I know football is not important right now, but it was his livelihood. We have a huge hole in the middle of our secondary right now that may not be filled for quite some time. TO exposed us over the middle and it's sad to say that it will continue with him gone.

That is true I am not even sure how do you even replace him.

What bothers me the most is that Taylor was always gifted physically. But this year, he was finally beginning to become a complete safety. When he hurt his knee, he was leading the league in both interceptions and (more importantly) passes defensed.

I was thinking about this last night. Taylor was simply more gifted from a physical standpoint than most players in the league. I remember they called him a physical freak coming out of the U. However, until this season ST didn't start putting it all together. The mental aspect of the game, the ability to read what offenses were doing and the ability to shut down the long ball. His range was exceptional, and he finally combined the mental and physical aspects to become a complete safety. It is just very sad that we won't be able to see him every year shut teams down.

That is true I am not even sure how do you even replace him.

You don't. I've been a Redskins fan for 20 years, and I have never seen someone as gifted as Sean was. We may wait the rest of our lives and never see another one like him... let alone have that player on the Skins. The way he was playing this year, I was fully expecting to visit his bust in the Hall of Fame. I'm still completely crushed...

We as Redskins fans may have been hit the hardest, but its obvious that all football fans were robbed by this sensless loss.

or should I say ARGUMENTS :)

some of my best moments on this board has been the heated and spirited debate threads with Poke fans over who was the better safety

Roy Williams or Sean Taylor

it's not fair that that joy was taken away from us so soon because of something so tragic and so senseless :(

I hope others will miss those threads as well

Feeling the pain here..just saw RW hit someone and thought this sucks...we lost ours..Landry is gonna be good but ST is gone...damn..:(

You don't. I've been a Redskins fan for 20 years, and I have never seen someone as gifted as Sean was. We may wait the rest of our lives and never see another one like him... let alone have that player on the Skins. The way he was playing this year, I was fully expecting to visit his bust in the Hall of Fame. I'm still completely crushed...

We as Redskins fans may have been hit the hardest, but its obvious that all football fans were robbed by this sensless loss.

Amen

Archived