Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Off Season Priority #1

dcoles11

Put Moss in the slot. He will get 1200 yds a year. Teams just double cover the guy and ruin the rhythm. Let him play in the slot and all this crap about Moss sucks goes away.

You know what though...the whole team sucks. Cut everybody except ST and LL. Let's forfeit the schedule next year and just draft until we have a team. Better yet, let's sign Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and every Olineman in the league that is in the Pro Bowl. :rolleyes:

#1 Priority should be to move Gibbs to GM and find a new head coach. Gibbs can no longer manage or prepare a team for today's NFL. We have the same talent as the Eagles and Feeley, their second stringer lost them the game against the Pats. Point is, you can't teach an old dog new tricks...

Why do you think Gibbs as GM would work? You can see now the kind of chemistry he's putting together since his big return. A lot of expensive, but mismatched parts. An underachieving team w/ Gibbs II vs. an overachieving team w/ Gibbs I (where there were GM's in place to protect Gibbs from himself).

off season priority #1 should be to clean house and start over.

ahhh, I don't know if you watch the games but we are always one play away from being a playoff team. This "clean house" you speak of would take at least 5 years before we would have a winning record. The season is not over. We just made it harder for ourselves. keep hope alive

I don't think WR is necessarily the way the skins need to go in the draft.

I still believe games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. I personally would go OL/DL in the draft, let the other positions shake themselves out in FA.

History has proven that if you give any qb all day to throw behind a stud OL, you will win games. (see Mark Rypien)

And vice versa, if you have a monster defensive line like the bears or tampa of a few seasons back, you can suffocate these passing teams to death with a relentless 4 man pass rush... freeing up your back 7 to make plays on the ball. (of course for that you need speedy LB's, which the skins have)

I would see what it would take to get Chad Johnson...but I think we can get a quality WR in the second round...but we need a stud DE

i would only add this. The best wide receiver in the universe was drafted this year and he has had minimal impact with the Lions. virtually any rooke receiver drafted is going to get injured, sit on the bench, or just make so many mistakes that it will be costly.

you are falling into that trap of thinking that the draft is a cure all.

But we sure do need Chad Johnson and one more veteran and dump McCardell, and Thrash after this season.

I want to see Chad, A.R.E., Caldwell, veteran free agent...and a drafted rookie at number 5.

i would only add this. The best wide receiver in the universe was drafted this year and he has had minimal impact with the Lions. virtually any rooke receiver drafted is going to get injured, sit on the bench, or just make so many mistakes that it will be costly.

you are falling into that trap of thinking that the draft is a cure all.

But we sure do need Chad Johnson and one more veteran and dump McCardell, and Thrash after this season.

I want to see Chad, A.R.E., Caldwell, veteran free agent...and a drafted rookie at number 5.

I agree with your first paragraph, but I disagree that the skins should sink more money into a big name free agent WR. I think they would be fine with cheaper alternatives for the #3 and #4... Look at what Caldwell and McCardell did yesterday, and they weren't even with the team in the offseason. I think you can get production from the #3/#4 WR position if you find the right guys on the cheap. I'd rather see that $$$ spent on the lines.

I'd be inclined to agree we do need a Top Notch WR, not necessarily because of moss, but because we've been lacking that Art Monk style Wide Out for a long time. I think we should take best available player in the first round, which I'm guessing would be a DE, but you don't know what will be available at our slot. We can get a WR in the 2nd, and if we have a 3rd 4th an Olineman. I think we will be okay on Oline Next Year with the experience our second string has gotten with Jansen and Thomas out, so we don't have to draft high there. As far as Chad Johnson, I wouldn't break the bank for him. However, with this event with Taylor and the injury to Carlos, I feel a Cornerback pick coming, especially with Shawn Springs contract up in the air.

My Priorities are in my sig, but what I'd like to see

#1 Defensive End (or DT if a really quality guy is there otherwise i'd wait for depth)

#2 a Big talented Wide Receiver (assuming we cut Brandon Lloyd, don't resign Caldwell, and a FA isn't gettable) I also Like Marcus Monk here.

#3 Best Player Available Either Oline (Guard or Center likely), Outside Linebacker (to groom to replace Marcus Washington), Corner Back (To replace either Springs or Rogers depending on the situation.)

#4 Depth on Oline, Dline or a Stud kicker if one is there (I know we like Swish, but look at how Crosby has done for the Pack)

#5 a Late Round QB for depth

I dunno when did Crummey go out?

A couple weeks ago. He was ranked #3 on Kiper's Offensive Guard list at the start of the season, but fell due to a broken fibula he sustained against georgia tech. the fact that our line looked completely different than last week shows how solid of a player he is. could be a solid 5th rounder or even an UDFA.

he also is a good C

Archived