Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does the Eagles Offense Look better Without Mcnabb??

NFLAnalyzer

Philly won the NFC East two years (2002 and 2006) when McNabb has been the starter but got injured and someone else had to come in.

My take: McNabb has been a great weapon when he's had full use of his leg. He's never been that great of a pure passer. In recent years, that has definitely been shown.

Philly won the NFC East two years (2002 and 2006) when McNabb has been the starter but got injured and someone else had to come in.

My take: McNabb has been a great weapon when he's had full use of his leg. He's never been that great of a pure passer. In recent years, that has definitely been shown.

:logo:

Just like last week, the Eagles Offense did nothing until Mcnabb WENT OUT

But why does it look SMOOTHER when Mcnabb is OUT

three things...

1. They simplify the offense with a balanced attack.

2. McNabb is not that accurate. These other guys are more accurate.

3. The team rallies behinds these other guys. Almost like they trust 'em more.

McNabb is media hype. He's got a cannon for and arm and makes a highlight reel throw or two each game but he's not an efficient, smart QB. The type that you need to run the West Coast Offense.

He got booed on draft day '99 and handled it with 100% class. He does impersonations and sound bytes for radio/TV stations throughout the tri-state area. The media loves him. He's the epitome of the "great guy" you'd love to have a beer and watch the game with. Because of that though he's over-hyped by the media into something he's not. He's made into this Hall-of-Fame level QB when he's actually just a "good" QB. Mark my words at 12:20 a.m., right now there is a columnist somewhere who's writing "What if McNabb played" in reference to the outcome of the NE game.

Donovan's a great guy and good QB. Not the other way around. Unfortunately the media hype may have put a blemish on his career because it made the fans expect so much out of him. It's a bit of a shame really.

That is a pretty accurate assessment. I would also add that McNabb has "Bledsoe's syndrome", in that he feels that he is entitled to a starting job. You watch, as soon as the time comes when no one offers him a starting job, he will retire.

Archived