Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everyone Relax, Taylor Isnt Going Anywhere

Retire 21

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/15/AR2007051501049.html

This was taken from an article in May of this year:

Taylor's absence last week prompted some teammates to wonder whether he was unhappy with his contract. Taylor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not return phone calls seeking comment.

"No truth to that at all," Taylor told the team's official Web site, when asked after the workout yesterday if he was upset about his contract. "I have a seven-year contract. I've played three years of that contract and I'm fine."

Taylor signed a seven-year, $18 million deal after being selected as the team's top draft choice in 2004. Taylor's deal gives him $7.2 million in guaranteed money, with bonuses that could total an additional $6 million.

Seriously people. Someone reads something a Cowboys fan said about Sean Taylor's contract and everyone flips out. A Cowboys fan? Seriously, a Cowboys fan?

Everyone needs to calm down, Taylor isn't going anywhere, don't you think if this was the last year of his contract Snyder would be in negotiations right now and the Post would be reporting it every day. Seriously people calm down.

Rip up his current contract and pay the man!

I agree with this 100% though. Taylor's agent was a moron signing 7 years 18 mill for a top 5 pick. I think the Skins should make Taylor a happy man and just extend him ASAP with a lucrative contract. I understand cap restrictions may limit us from doing this, but the first chance we get I say we extend him another 4 years with a fat signing bonus. Sean Taylor, we love you.

The contract has escalators that can give him the chance to earn 40 million

Taylor's contract doesn't need to be dealt with this offseason, but next offseason. If there is money left over, great take care of him

I think we need to sticky the fact that Taylor is here until the end of the decade

The 40 mill I was not aware of and definitely makes the contract worthy of a rookie Taylor out of college. That being said, I agree with everything you just said.

They will have to give Taylor more money. Laron's contract makes his look ridiculous. After his pro-bowl season they will be forced to look him up long term. Maybe keep his payments the same next year and the year after but back load it with a nice signing bonus to keep him happy.

Everyone needs to calm down, Taylor isn't going anywhere, don't you think if this was the last year of his contract Snyder would be in negotiations right now and the Post would be reporting it every day. Seriously people calm down.

Theres also not a lot of truth to the fact that the article was written recently... It's dated before the season even began.

By Howard Bryant

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, May 16, 2007; Page E01

I still think Taylor still wants a payday regaurdless of what he says. The man is an elite safety, you saw that laron can't play without him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/15/AR2007051501049.html

This was taken from an article in May of this year:

Taylor's absence last week prompted some teammates to wonder whether he was unhappy with his contract. Taylor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not return phone calls seeking comment.

"No truth to that at all," Taylor told the team's official Web site, when asked after the workout yesterday if he was upset about his contract. "I have a seven-year contract. I've played three years of that contract and I'm fine."

Taylor signed a seven-year, $18 million deal after being selected as the team's top draft choice in 2004. Taylor's deal gives him $7.2 million in guaranteed money, with bonuses that could total an additional $6 million.

Seriously people. Someone reads something a Cowboys fan said about Sean Taylor's contract and everyone flips out. A Cowboys fan? Seriously, a Cowboys fan?

I know he's not going any where, but it would be nice if they gave him 8 year extension or something. I will tell you one thing. If the Skins don't give him a contract extension and he some how goes to another team. I will be done with this team. I was pissed when Lavar and Champ went. I also wasn't happy about losing Pierce, Smoot, Clark and Dock, but I have got over that. I will not get over losing Taylor. They better damn well get him signed long term.

They will have to give Taylor more money. Laron's contract makes his look ridiculous.

Actually it doesn't. You are comparing 2004 dollars to 2007 dollars. At the time, the top 5 pick was worth what Sean got. This year, the top 5 pick is worth alot more.

I do agree that he needs to be paid and he needs to be a Redskin for life, though. Just keep in mind that 2009/2010 dollars will make Landry's contract seem like peanuts.

Archived