Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6 in a row or we don't go. (5 in a row merge)

Does anyone really want a team this bad to go to the playoffs? Then we'll be stuck with Gibbs for another year. I'd rather finish 5-11 and start fresh than squeak int he playoffs at 9-7 only to get our rears handed to us in the 1st round. Why bother? We stink this year. Face it. It's just football.

I was really impressed with our offense today. I think we can make a run in the playoffs if our offense continues to play like this and our Defense gets healthy.

Tampa has probably the best defense in the NFC. I can see us really struggling against them. Without Sean Taylor, I can see the hot Galloway killing us for a long score or two.

Similar situation with Buffalo. Buffalo is playing some very good D this year and Evans, one of the NFL's best deep threats, should own us.

Tampa has probably the best defense in the NFC. I can see us really struggling against them. Without Sean Taylor, I can see the hot Galloway killing us for a long score or two.

Similar situation with Buffalo. Buffalo is playing some very good D this year and Evans, one of the NFL's best deep threats, should own us.

But do keep in mind, that we lost by 5 points against the Cowboys in their house with our "depleted" secondary. ST and Carlos Rogers are both out... We know they can score because they score an average 32 pts. a game. Probably the best offense the NFC has to offer aside from the Packers (and we lost that heartbreaking game by 3 pts). We are very capable of handling B&B for the next two games.

we're set up for a nice run going into the playoffs... the skins are gelling now on offense and will get a couple of good blow-outs, detroit style, the next 2 weeks... just wait and see... keep the faith... we will dominate the rest of the season and be a force going into the playofffs!... this game was ours, green bay was ours, the giants was ours, philly was ours!!... these last minute losses end today... we will romp our way into the playoffs, guaranteed!!:dallasuck

Does anyone really want a team this bad to go to the playoffs? Then we'll be stuck with Gibbs for another year. I'd rather finish 5-11 and start fresh than squeak int he playoffs at 9-7 only to get our rears handed to us in the 1st round. Why bother? We stink this year. Face it. It's just football.

whats your deal?

were a better team than in 05

yes we have been inconsistant, but i have seen that every time we open up Al's spread out pass and zone blocking plays, we are VERY good on O...and on D...only one man matters....Sean Taylor

We don't need to run the table.

9-7 will get us in. Zona is not finish 5-1 and Detroit is not finishing 4-2 with the brutal sked they have. We can finish 9-7, tied with Zona and Detroit and have the tiebreakers over both of them. Philly isn't finishing 9-7 with their sked (and McNabb out). Vikes aren't finishing 9-7. Bears aren't finishing 9-7. Seattle will win division. Neither the Saints or Panthers will finish 9-7, especially since they play each other next week.

9-7 WILL get us in. Especially if we beat Tampa, Minny, and Chicago.

We need to go 4-2.

As a 6 seed, we would be at the #3 seed first game. That would be a game at (surprise surprise) Tampa!! Or seattle. Is anyone really afraid of either of those two teams? Then, a visit to the #1 seed.....either GB or Dallas. We almost beat both of them on the road already this year.

If this team can avoid more injuries and play like they did today, we have a very good shot of making the 6 seed and maybe getting to the NFC championship game.

• 1 month later...
Yeah I get it, this team has a long way to go. We play and coach scared and stupid. We've suffered too many injuries to key players. We're mismanaged. I'm pissed off at how we can't get out of our own way to win a game. And no, I'm not expecting great things or asking you to get excited.

But why shouldn't I hope for improvement? Why shouldn't I pray that these people can get it together?

Why shouldn't I want Jason Campbell to get playoff experience? Will that come in handy someday even if we lose? Or are you saying Jason will never be in a position to lead us to the Super Bowls, so none of this matters?

Playoffs?... PLAYOFFS? :doh:
Terrific post Boston .... the team needs a complete overhaul from the top down ... no coaches and only a handful of players should be kept. Personally I would keep only JC, Cooley, Samuels, Landry, Blades and Taylor and rebuild around them emphasizing youth and speed.
Those are my feelings exactly and I couldn't have said it any better. It's sad to see Joe Gibbs go down like this.
We Don't Deserve To Be In The Playoffs
Consistency is an unknown for this franchise since GibbsI.I keep on hoping we change our ways,but as other teams grow and turn into better teams,ours gets bound down by the S.O.S. that has become routine Redskin failures!
2003773916011489372_rs.jpg

PLAYOFFS?!?! UH - PLAYOFFS?!?! We're tied for dead last in our division and have only 1 divisional win and we're talking Playoff?

no we wont
we will be at least 9-7. and 9-7 will make the wild card.

count on it.

this team is coming together on offense and the D will be better once ST is back.

You have got to be kidding? This team? Playoffs? You are talking about Playoffs?
i agree, we will make the playoffs. We played pretty well today, minus a few plays on defense. As heartbroken as i am, i can take some positives from this game. We have a pretty easy schedule for the next few weeks until we get Taylor back. Try to stay positive folks, i know its hard.
Yes, I have thoughts. You are a 19 year old Madden generation kid that knows little about football.

at Tampa - loss

Bills - win

Bears - win (im feeling generous)

at giants - loss

at vikings - coin flip, ill be generous again and give them win

Cowboys - most likely a loss. unless you're counting on (leaning on) the premise that the "cowboys dont have anything to play for in last week" which at this time we cant determine that yet. So, if its a straight up, real game with starters on both sides Dallas wins. If Dallas rests players, its a coin flip. Last Coin flip i gave to Washington against Minn, I'll be fair and give to Dallas here.

Even if they were to win, 9-7 might not be good enough. They wont catch the Giants and they stand behind Detroit today and tied with Philly and there are other teams in the mix too.

Same as always. A game behind the Lions.
Sorry, but I don't think we are going to make the playoffs. We will be 8-8, with a lot to build on for next year. If we make it then great, but I just don't see it. We have some tough games ahead.
here's what I say - worry about next week only. Redskins are not good enough to take liberties such as this. 9-7 likely would NOT get them in the playoffs, by the way.
they will not make the playoffs. they do not deserve it!!!
NO - especially if GUTLESS JOE is calling the plays, trying to reign in Jason Campbell, and opting to never go for it on a 4th down. Why opt for the 52 yard FG from Swisham? The team was rolling @ that point, go for the 1st down - if you don't make it - the Cowboys get the ball FARTHER away than they do wheh Swisham misses the kick.

Of course - "what if he makes that kick" - well he didn't & being GUTLESS once again keeps this team wallowing in mediocracy! But "i'm proud of our guys fight and effort out there..." give me a break!!!

I dont think they have it in them.

To many Injuries.

Tough games on the road.

Conservitive coach. Gibbs

Gregg Williams has been exposed By New England. Now teams have the Blue Print to move the ball on us.

Fedex Field has no home field advantage. To many fans sell tickets to opposing teams.

People dont stand up when we are on D. "Wine and Cheese Crowd"

Yea we played Well Yesterday, but was that because we were "jacked up" to play dallas,or has this team turn the corner and poised for a run.

Talk to me.

Too many injuries, I'm afraid. Sean Taylor, Jansen, Thomas, Moss.

Playoffs ain't going to happen unless Lady Luck intervenes.

:silly:

Archived