Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heads are High...

2006Skins

The only way I thought this would be a close game is if Campbell had a career game, and he did. It's just too bad he had to make that bad throw.

Here's to the next time the teams meet ST knocking around TO

Congrats to the Skins for great game, they kept me on the edge of my seat the entire game, Andre Gurode was have a terrible day, and our pass coverage was horrible.

Week 17 should be very interesting, i know, i know go away troll, but i just had to send out some spek to the Skins great game. carry on.

I'm just waiting for him to say we have to get back to "Redskins football." I could see it in his face. That will not this year.

That *was* Redskins football. To the letter.

We led at halftime.

We missed opportunities to take a bigger lead by not making key plays.

The defense completely collapsed in the fourth quarter.

We still had a chance to pull it out at the end.

And we lost the game.

What could possibly be more normal than that?

What was wrong with the playcalling this week?

I don't think the playcalling was really a problem, but some of the decisions were questionable.

In the first half, running up the gut on 3rd & 3 is a questionable call at that point of the field UNLESS you are thinking 2 down territory. Not going for it on 4th and trying the long FG was a bad decision IMO.

Kicking the FG in the 2nd half when we were trailing by 8 was questionable as well. I think on the road against the division leader, you need to be a bit more aggressive, but the FG did keep the game in reach. :2cents:

That's a quote from Bram right after the clock hit 00:00

While I am not too happy with much of the playcalling, on both the offense and defensive side of the ball, I am happy with how the players came back and showed heart and kept at it.

I am not saying this is a moral victory; far from it.

Moral victories are for teams that are 2-14 and play a 14-2 team close.

This is not a 2-14 team.

I honestly believe this is a 10-6 team. I know we're 5-5 now with a tough schedule. But lets look in hindsight on this game.

We were missing our #2 corner, MW at 65% who was hobbling the entire 2nd half, gave 21 points away in the 2nd half and our Defensive MVP was out. This was a game in which I feel we should've won.

Which is amazing if you think about it.

Now lets go over all the accomplishments:

Santana is back (finally)

Campbell is the beast we were all hoping. Despite the one stupid (I cannot emphasize that enough) throw, he had a hell of a day even with pressure in his face most of the game.

Our LB's continuously show us that they are beasts. I don't see how they could tell that Rocky's pick hit the ground (beyond a reasonable doubt).

I think we're on pace for a helluva run if we get some of the guys back including ST, Thomas, MW gets healthy and the receivers can get healthy. I am proud of being a skins fan and I am looking forward to this team getting better week by week.

HTTR :point2sky

You couldn't tell that wasn't a pick? Dang, man, you watch much football? That was CLEARLY not an INT. Heck, you could even tell by Rocky's body language that it wasn't. Good thing you don't do the reviews.

Something I don't see praised alot is that our kicker and punting game, covergae and return units are really solid. It's been since Lowmiller that we have had a consitent kicking game. Without the injuries we would be a contender at this point. There is no reason we can't win out.

I'm not as down after this loss as I have been after some wins. I'm disappointed we loss and think we could have won but it wasn't as bad as I expected and I like what saw from an offense that's finally starting to open up. If we could just get and stay healthy, we could have quite a run.

Archived