Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heads are High...

2006Skins

That's a quote from Bram right after the clock hit 00:00

While I am not too happy with much of the playcalling, on both the offense and defensive side of the ball, I am happy with how the players came back and showed heart and kept at it.

I am not saying this is a moral victory; far from it.

Moral victories are for teams that are 2-14 and play a 14-2 team close.

This is not a 2-14 team.

I honestly believe this is a 10-6 team. I know we're 5-5 now with a tough schedule. But lets look in hindsight on this game.

We were missing our #2 corner, MW at 65% who was hobbling the entire 2nd half, gave 21 points away in the 2nd half and our Defensive MVP was out. This was a game in which I feel we should've won.

Which is amazing if you think about it.

Now lets go over all the accomplishments:

Santana is back (finally)

Campbell is the beast we were all hoping. Despite the one stupid (I cannot emphasize that enough) throw, he had a hell of a day even with pressure in his face most of the game.

Our LB's continuously show us that they are beasts. I don't see how they could tell that Rocky's pick hit the ground (beyond a reasonable doubt).

I think we're on pace for a helluva run if we get some of the guys back including ST, Thomas, MW gets healthy and the receivers can get healthy. I am proud of being a skins fan and I am looking forward to this team getting better week by week.

HTTR :point2sky

he can say as much as he wants, but what is he calling this....

moral victory.

I am not calling this a moral victory. Read my original post again.

This is not a moral victory. This is a game where vast improvement was made in the areas which were needed most: QB and WR (in Santana and Keenan stepped up).

I am happy with the improvement I have seen, especially considering that Campbell has done awful on the road this year.

I am not calling this a moral victory. Read my original post again.

This is not a moral victory. This is a game where vast improvement was made in the areas which were needed most: QB and WR (in Santana and Keenan stepped up).

I am happy with the improvement I have seen, especially considering that Campbell has done awful on the road this year.

re read what I said also, I said he (bram).

You can say you saw improvement this week, which there seems to be, but if you been watching this team for the last couple of years, every week we take a step up, we take one back. After Campbell was NFC player of the week against detriot, we lost to GB.

What I want to see most from this team is being consistantly good or consistantly improving...

our offense showed alot today im happy Jc is developing if Taylor was in there i think we could have won but i didn't expect to win so w/e

The only way I thought this would be a close game is if Campbell had a career game, and he did. It's just too bad he had to make that bad throw.

Here's to the next time the teams meet ST knocking around TO

lots of positives in this game, unfortunately its not it the win column

Agreed. :cheers:

There are gonna be lots of negative posts after this loss. I want to concentrate on the positive, and I saw a lot.

I hope we continue to only get better.

HAIL!

Looking forward to playing the boys again... with Sean Taylor!

I figured one idiot would chime in and I was right. The Skins were up a few points at the half time and I told my wife they'd lose 42- whatever they had at the time. The Skins did good, it sucks that we lost AGAIN but were you really thinking we would. I think they played great! How luckyis TO? That was sick:doh:

Yep, we were just outstanding. Way above any reasonable expectation.

Of course, we did give up yet another halftime lead to a division rival, lose the game, fall to 5 and 5, and further dim any remaining hopes for the playoffs.

But you know, they looked pretty good.

There was once a very different team that wore those uniforms. That team was *better* in the second half, consistently won the close games, the crucial games, and carved its name in the record books. They found ways to win, and they improved as the year wore on. By the time December and the playoffs rolled around, they were lethal.

This team isn't like that. And we've all become used to it over the years. When the Redskins give up 3 late touchdowns to lose at Dallas - but don't completely embarrass themselves in the process - most of us are reasonably satisfied.

Better game today in a loss than in the Jets win.

Yet ironically the Jets win is going further toward our playoff hopes (wish are all but dashed incidentally) than our style points that so many ES'ers are happy about. I think its sad that we are all happy we don't have to go to work/school/whatever to face puke fans after a blowout. We are literally just happy to have been competitive with the pukes. I'm sorry but I'll never be happy with losing to them. i don't care how pretty this player or that player played. This isnt figure skating. You don't get style points and there are no judges. Score more points than the other team. Period.

Yep, we were just outstanding. Way above any reasonable expectation.

Of course, we did give up yet another halftime lead to a division rival, lose the game, fall to 5 and 5, and further dim any remaining hopes for the playoffs.

But you know, they looked pretty good.

There was once a very different team that wore those uniforms. That team was *better* in the second half, consistently won the close games, the crucial games, and carved its name in the record books. They found ways to win, and they improved as the year wore on. By the time December and the playoffs rolled around, they were lethal.

This team isn't like that. And we've all become used to it over the years. When the Redskins give up 3 late touchdowns to lose at Dallas - but don't completely embarrass themselves in the process - most of us are reasonably satisfied.

Exactly. I think it is a sad commentary on how this team's pitiful performance for a decade and a half have lowered our expectations. i see people left and right applauding our losing to the cowboys because they didn't spank and embarrass us.

Archived