Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Wk. 11 @Dallas Gameplan.

Jethrodsp

Gonna be a tough one out there this weekend ladies and gents (as if anyone needed reminding).

For us Redskins fans though, the gameplan is simple:

Defense:

Cover Patrick Crayton one on one with Shawn Springs. Yes...Shawn Springs. Keep a safety over the top of Terrell Owens and a linebacker underneath him AT ALL TIMES while the next best option at CB tries just to stay close enough that he can make a quick tackle after the catch.

Landry is on Jason Witten, more as a spy than directly one on one. Do not let him run free down the middle of the field.

Keep Tony Romo sits to pee IN THE POCKET. Andre Carter and Philip Daniels need to be very conscious of their outside contain assignments. Romo sits to pee does his best work outside the pocket so keep him stationary where he cant find a good line of sight past that giant Oline.

Blitz more. Blitz harder. Bring Fletch on a 3rd down blitz right up the gut. HIT TONY Romo sits to pee!!

Match Marion Barber's physical nature early. He sets the tone for the running game with his energy. Run to the football hard against the run. Barber is hard to bring down and it take more than one defender to get him to the ground. Cornelius Griffin and Anthony Montgomery need to hold up pulling blockers and clog the middle like they have all season.

Be opportunistic. Second one in on the tackle rip the ball. Dline get your hands up. CATCH THE BALL!!

Offense:

Stretch play with Clinton Portis. Offensive line must continue to gel. Play-action screens with Chris Cooley. He must sell the block before releasing.

Spread the field inside the 10. Cooley as the 4th WR. The personel isnt there but you gotta use who you got. Spreading the field allows Jason Campbell and his 6'4" frame more lanes to run through. JC's legs from the spread could be our best weapon early in the game inside the 10. The Redskins were WAY to predictable last week. Hell, I was calling the plays out from my couch before the snap...looked like Philly was in on it too.

Sell double moves on the outside during play-action.

Control the clock on first down. Try and make more first downs on second and third down. Attack Demarcus Ware with screens and draws early.

CATCH THE BALL!! BALL SECURITY!! Be physical, more physical than Dallas. Attack Roy Williams deep with play action and Chris Cooley down the middle.

SELL OUT FOR TOUCHDOWNS!! Tell Sellers never to try and dive again. Remind him of his limitations as a player, he seems to be feeling himself a little too much lately, and then hand him the ball on third and short or goal.

SCORE TOUCHDOWNS!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's my plan.

--Jethrodsp, Jimmy Farris fan club member.

:dallasuck

Unfortunately, I'm at the point where I am of the belief that our best game plan is not even showing up to Texas Stadium.

The culture of losing that has developed in Washington has crippled this team for years in big game situations.

Unfortunately, even the return of our beloved Joe Gibbs has proven not even to be enough.

I like it. Nice work. I'm real interested to see how this team responds to being on the poo end of the schtick for a few games. I wander if they feel completely disrespected by the media and everyone?

Hope so, cuz we're gonna need a little extra emotion to bring this one home. Go get em boys. HTTR!

I like it. Nice work. I'm real interested to see how this team responds to being on the poo end of the schtick for a few games. I wander if they feel completely disrespected by the media and everyone?

Hope so, cuz we're gonna need a little extra emotion to bring this one home. Go get em boys. HTTR!

I hope they feel the disrespect coming from their fans.

This team plays its most inspired football with their backs against the wall.

Game plan is even more simpler....is that a word..........

Break T.O's knees on Dallas's first offensive posession and break Romo sits to pee's collar bone on the very next play. Then pray they don't have some second string QB named Clint Longley.

You really don't have any class do you?

You are a sad, sad person...

Game plan is even more simpler....is that a word..........

Break T.O's knees on Dallas's first offensive posession and break Romo sits to pee's collar bone on the very next play. Then pray they don't have some second string QB named Clint Longley.

that is about the worst post i've ever seen.

Cover Patrick Crayton one on one with Shawn Springs. Keep a safety over the top of Terrell Owens and a linebacker underneath him AT ALL TIMES while the next best option at CB tries just to stay close enough that he can make a quick tackle after the catch.

Landry is on Jason Witten, more as a spy than directly one on one. Do not let him run free down the middle of the field.

Keep Tony Romo sits to pee IN THE POCKET.

Blitz more. Blitz harder. Bring Fletch on a 3rd down blitz right up the gut. HIT TONY Romo sits to pee!!

Run to the football hard against the run. :dallasuck

How exactly are we supposed to have a safety and a LB and a CB watching TO, Landry shadowing Witten, and still blitz while playing tough against the run...and keeping Romo sits to pee in the pocket...without getting flagged for too many players on the field?

How exactly are we supposed to have a safety and a LB and a CB watching TO, Landry shadowing Witten, and still blitz while playing tough against the run...and keeping Romo sits to pee in the pocket...without getting flagged for too many players on the field?

Beat me to it. I'd take it a step further, even: if we've got 5 players dedicated to TO, Witten and Crayton, how are we supposed to do any thing else, either play tough against the run or blitz or keep Romo sits to pee in the pocket, with only 6 in the box?

Make Tony Romo sits to pee be patient. He doesnt have the personality or experience that Brady has. Make him check down play after play after play. He will get tired of it (a la every other QB who has played us) and take a shot long into double coverage and Presto! TO.....and by TO I mean turnover, not douchebag.

On O I would Exploit Roy Williams ALL DAY LONG.

Spread the field inside the 10. Cooley as the 4th WR. The personel isnt there but you gotta use who you got. Spreading the field allows Jason Campbell and his 6'4" frame more lanes to run through. JC's legs from the spread could be our best weapon early in the game inside the 10.

That is assuming we get inside the 10.

Im a cowboys fan, that was a great plan.

The cowboys have beat the blitz all year, The line is really good at stunt and blitz pick up. Jaws said this about Romos release," hes not Marino or Nameth quick with his release but hes fast. The Bills played cover two and Romo sits to pee struggled. The Bills also did not stunt they played contain like you said. Its my opinion the cowboys look foward to blitzing teams.\

Bracket TO like you said or go one on one and bracket Witten, make Crayton beat you, hes a good rout runner and has good hands but hes not fast.

Give in to the run, the more plays the cowboys run the more likly they are to turn the ball over. Play more Nickle it will match up better for the Redskins.

On offence you have two choices open up the playbook and shoot it out which I think you cant do, or run Portis between tackles. Streetch plays dont work against the cowboys. You run right at Ware, Ellis, Spencer and we have two strong safteys (who play the run really well. That would be a bad decision. The cowboys are weak against the trap and power plays right up the middle, I dont know if Tank Jhonson will help but I will say when I watched my Giants tape he was getting pushed two to five yards out of the play every time. I would like to point out the Redskins are very good at these running plays. You can shorten the game and get first downs this way. Moss has to play for this to work because Moss will keep safteys back regardless of how few catches he has hes still fast and hes beat the cowboys to many times not to get the respect.

I really wish you were healthy, the redskins are the 4th best team in the NFC even with the injuries. Beat the Giants and your the third best team and I know you can. The two minute drill was a good sign that Cambell has opened up another page in his undertanding and I fear he is about to put together a perfect game, the cowboys secondary might be just what he needs.

The Cowboys look to be getting healthy,

Ellis proclaimed this week he finaly feels no pain in his archelis.

Newman has been taking shots in his foot, playing pretty good.

Henry is limited to nickle but Reeves has played better every week. (Reeves does not get beat deep)

Fergeson is gone but Ratliff is playing ok, good push on pass plays but gets pushed around some. Tank is VERY rusty.

On a side note Stanback played on kickoff return against the Eagles, he might be back this week but the word was he is going to become a part of the wide recieving group. A college QB who is learning the reciever spot has been getting open consistantly and making big plays in practice for a couple months now and the coaches felt they had to get him on the field. Hes fast, he can catch the ball, he can run after the catch, he can throw the ball, if he plays watch out for him.

Beat me to it. I'd take it a step further, even: if we've got 5 players dedicated to TO, Witten and Crayton, how are we supposed to do any thing else, either play tough against the run or blitz or keep Romo sits to pee in the pocket, with only 6 in the box?

Yeah. Its tough. Without Sean Taylor or Carlos Rogers in the defensive backfield I was reaching for answers.

I wouldnt dedicate 3 players to TO every play literally. I was speaking to the linebackers being concious of the shallow cross that TO runs so well in their coverages moreso than having one specific LB running with him throughout the play. On deeper routes, Owens can be bracketed by the corner and deep safety. I guess my wording was off there.

I do not trust Fred Smoot on Crayton one on one but with the other Cowboy weapons you cant afford him any more attention. Thus, Shawn Springs must be able to take him out of the game for the most part. Even with all the attention, TO will probably get his yards but the Redskins can withstand those and one touchdown as long as Witten and Crayton are held in check.

Landry needs to spy Jason Witten. I feel he is the only player on the defensive side of the ball who can match up.

The key though is this: keep Tony Romo sits to pee in the pocket. He thrives on getting outside hard-charging DEs rushing up the field. Dallas' big Oline is a detriment to Romo sits to pee when he is forced to stay stationary and make throws from inside the pocket because its hard to find throwing lanes or even a good line of sight.

Defending the run is effort and discipline. Control your lane on the line and make sure tackles in the box.

Any better tactical ideas?

**** the Cowboys!!

Hail Skins.

Archived