CHICAGO BEARS REMAINING SCHEDULE:

11 Sun, Nov 18 @ Seattle 4:15 PM FOX Tickets Qwest Field

12 Sun, Nov 25 Denver 4:15 PM CBS Tickets Soldier Field

13 Sun, Dec 2 NY Giants 4:15 PM FOX Tickets Soldier Field

14 Thu, Dec 6 @ Washington 8:15 PM NFL Tickets FedEx Field

15 Mon, Dec 17 @ Minnesota 8:30 PM ESPN Tickets Metrodome

16 Sun, Dec 23 Green Bay 1:00 PM FOX Tickets Soldier Field

17 Sun, Dec 30 New Orleans 1:00 PM FOX Tickets Soldier Field

HAHAHAHA...I didnt mean to post this yet, I meant to hit tab and accidentally pushed the enter button...Anyways guys i was basically gonna point out if the skins can get to 9-7 they have a great shot at the playoffs..Looking at Detroits schedule i cant see them gettin to 10-6(we hold the tiebreaker so 9-7 is no good for them)..the Giants have a very tough schedule but I think they are a wildcard team..what other team looking at their schedule do u see can be 10-6..The Saints are coming on strong(despite last week) and they have a weak schedule as does Tampa Bay..I think the Tampa game next week might be a bigger win for s than if we beat Dallas..well i posted this prematurely but feel free to run with it if you'd like :dallasuck

I am not worried about Lions. their schedule is brutal and they are lucky to end up 8-8.

Bears/eagles/bucs/saints are all fighting for the last playoff spot (Gints will have the 5th spot). We will have to beat Bears and Bucs to have tiebreakers.

We will have to go 10-6 to have a shot due to our horrible divisional record (1-2 now, could be 1-5 or 2-4 at the end). We will have two almost sure losses: @Dallass @Gintts, which means the margin of error is zero. We have to win the rest five games (at Bucs, at Vikes, Bears, Bills, C'girls).

Basically I think it will end like this:

NFC East winner: Dallas

NFC North winner: Green Bay

NFC West winner: Seattle

NFC South Winner: Tampa/ New Orleans

#5 wildcard: New York Giants

Now the last spot in my opinion comes between either Tampa, New Orleans, Chicago and Washington..Detroits schedule will keep them from getting in and we have the tiebreak over them..Look at the Eagles schedule, I can see at least 3 losses which puts them at best 8-8..The saints and Bucs have real easy schedules which is what scares me the most..i can see both of them getting in due to real easy scedules..We eliminate the Bears as long as we beat them in Fedex..If we are 9-7 with wins over tampa and chicago we have a real good chance to get in..10-6 and a win over Tampa and we are definitely in.. :cheers:

Guest ComebackKing
who cares...we might make the playoffs but Gibbs will blow the game in the 4th quareter...IF we don't get destroyed...and unfortunately it will not be the Dolphins, the Jets, or the Cards :P so there will be no lucky wins out of that.
That's what I was gonna say. We need to get some momentum going before we can even think about going 9-7 because the team I saw on Sunday was a 7-9 team at best.

If you guys are really thinking about this, you might want to root for the Giants this week.

If all three teams are tied (NY, Was, & Det), our head to head vicotry over detroit could be meaningless.

Division ties are broken first.

Hypotetically. Detroit beats the Giants this week. Then all three teams finish 10-6 (or 9-7).

First, the Giants & Redskins have to settle the division tiebreaker, which the Redskins lose. The Giants then move on to Detroit & lose that tiebreaker due to their head to head loss. The Giants then go with us for wild card #6, a tiebreaker which we lose.

After the Tampa Game next week, I'll start to have a little fun with the playoff scenarios. I know WAY more than I should, and I enjoy the scenarios a little more than I should..... :)

HAHAHAHA...I didnt mean to post this yet, I meant to hit tab and accidentally pushed the enter button...Anyways guys i was basically gonna point out if the skins can get to 9-7 they have a great shot at the playoffs..Looking at Detroits schedule i cant see them gettin to 10-6(we hold the tiebreaker so 9-7 is no good for them)..the Giants have a very tough schedule but I think they are a wildcard team..what other team looking at their schedule do u see can be 10-6..The Saints are coming on strong(despite last week) and they have a weak schedule as does Tampa Bay..I think the Tampa game next week might be a bigger win for s than if we beat Dallas..well i posted this prematurely but feel free to run with it if you'd like :dallasuck

Yea I posted something along these lines earlier. We still have a very good shot at making the playoffs with a 9-7 record. One of the main components of this would be if we do loose some games to loose them to an afc opponent. None of the teams we are in a race against right now have the conference record lead over us except carolina i believe. So if we can hold our tiebreaker we can take it with 9-7.

WHat is the next tiebreaker after conference record again?

WHat is the next tiebreaker after conference record again?

DIVISION TIES (if tied with the Giants)

Head to head

Division record

Common Games (Including AFC games)

Conf Record

WILD CARD TIES

Head To Head

Conf Record

Common games (must be min of 4)

Strentgh of Victory- (Now this is where it gets fun)

DIVISION TIES (if tied with the Giants)

Head to head

Division record

Common Games (Including AFC games)

Conf Record

WILD CARD TIES

Head To Head

Conf Record

Common games (must be min of 4)

Strentgh of Victory- (Now this is where it gets fun)

Hold on, Heidenreich. "Division ties" means tied for the division lead, not tied for a wildcard spot with a divisional rival.

Let's say we are tied for a wildcard spot with NYG and DET, head-to-head goes out the window, because it's a 3-way tie. Head-to-head only matters if it's a 2-way tie. Conference record becomes the first tiebreaker in that case.

Division record is completely irrelevent in terms of wildcard tiebreakers.

its gonna come down to us and New Orleans for the wildcard

Tampa has a soft schedule left so they will win the South

Giants will get 5 seed

We are fighting with the Saints

I think the Saints' schedule is softer than Tampa's, and I think the Saints end up winning that division. I think we'll battle both Tampa and Detroit for the final spot. The game at Tampa on 11/25 is fairly gigantic.

Football Outsiders produces objective playoff probabilities for every team based on simulations of all future games using their DVOA stats (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/glossary.php#dvoa). Here are their current playoff odds for NFC teams (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds.php):

1. Dallas (99.9%)

2. Green Bay (99.8%)

3. Seattle (83.4%)

4. New York (70.1%)

5. Arizona (35%)

6. Detroit (34.1%)

7. Washington (28.2%)

8. New Orleans (20.7%)

Obviously, no approach is perfect, but this one seems as good as any, and better than most. It suggests that we should be most concerned about Arizona and Detroit slipping in ahead of us, despite our head-to-head wins.

Football Outsiders produces objective playoff probabilities for every team based on simulations of all future games using their DVOA stats (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/glossary.php#dvoa). Here are their current playoff odds for NFC teams (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds.php):

1. Dallas (99.9%)

2. Green Bay (99.8%)

3. Seattle (83.4%)

4. New York (70.1%)

5. Arizona (35%)

6. Detroit (34.1%)

7. Washington (28.2%)

8. New Orleans (20.7%)

Obviously, no approach is perfect, but this one seems as good as any, and better than most. It suggests that we should be most concerned about Arizona and Detroit slipping in ahead of us, despite our head-to-head wins.

Thats pretty interesting..Arizona is a game back of us now and since we have the tiebreak they are essentially 2 games back..looking at their schedule i can see them losing the rest of their road games (cincy,seattle and new orleans) the best i can see them finishing is 9-7 (5-2) the rest of the way and that still wouldnt get them in if the skins finish 9-7..Now Detroit is a game ahead but we have the tiebreak..their sched is sooo brutal(nyg,gb,@min,dal,@sd,kc,@gb) i can see them losing at least 4 there and that would put them at 9-7 again losing the tiebreaker to the skins if we can get to 9-7..To me I htink it comes down to NO/Tampa/washington, and 1 of those teams is gonna win hte NFC South.

That's what I was gonna say. We need to get some momentum going before we can even think about going 9-7 because the team I saw on Sunday was a 7-9 team at best.

You must have been watching a totally different game than me. We could have and should have beaten the eagles. We just need to put teams away when we get a chance, Period.

Please STOP! You're justing embarrassing yourself or setting yourself up for disappointment. Try some reality and I'm not talking about "reality tv".

Ha ha ha ha ha, worst joke i've ever seen on here. Talk about embarrassing oneself. What's wrong with pulling for you team,you should try it. And four more wins is very possible.

Archived