Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GW's defense and Prioleau vs. Dallas

Redzone Offense

If GW plays the same style of defense this week w/ no pressure up front, Prioleau will be a target all game.

I remember a few years ago we played the Eagles early in the season w/ Spurrier and Ramsey. since Ramsey was hot for a couple of games and the Eagles' defense was banged up, everyone thought that we would light up them up.

The Eagles db's had some untested rookies. Their defensive coordinator called a great game to protect them by beating Ramsey senseless. They sent pressure EVERY SINGLE DOWN. By the time they let up, Ramsey was so spooked, it no longer mattered.

It would be great if GW could call the same type of gameplan that could protect Prioleau. If he is manned up against TO, it's over.

Prioleau was beat for a touchdown on a remarkable play by Reggie Brown on a poorly thrown ball by McNabb. Not many guys could make that catch, and even fewer could make the adjustment defensively. How do this all of a sudden equal Prioleau=suck. Last year everyone's excuse for our poor secondary was the loss of Prioleau, now after one play he is fault of our defense. Instead of always trying to single out one play, player, or coach, why can't we just ask for the TEAM to play better.

We are just saying that If taylor was in there, they wouldn't have throw that pass or if they did, it would be a pick.

We arent going to get pressure on Romo sits to pee by blitzing. Do what we have been doing. Romo sits to pee doesn't have a great arm. I can stand long drives. We need to force a mistake by Romo sits to pee but not by blitzing.

I don't think Prioleau needs that much protection. Yes, he's not Sean Taylor, but he isn't chopped liver either. I think he's a pretty good cover guy and is hardly a rookie out there.

That being said, he will be a target out there because he isn't Taylor. But, he probably won't have the same responsibilities Taylor had.

Jason

I don't think Prioleau needs that much protection. Yes, he's not Sean Taylor, but he isn't chopped liver either. I think he's a pretty good cover guy and is hardly a rookie out there.

That being said, he will be a target out there because he isn't Taylor. But, he probably won't have the same responsibilities Taylor had.

Jason

hmmmm, true, expect to see LL covering more

yep, PP overran it, ST would have picked it

Only because Taylor has the speed to actually be back there and have time to find the ball.

PP's coverage actually was pretty good. had McNabb thrown that on target, PP probably would have made a play on it. The receiver deserves some credit for making a play on the ball.

Jason

yep, PP overran it, ST would have picked it
PP didn't overrun anything. He actually had great coverage on Brown, but lost the ball in the air and got turned around. It's not like he got burned up like toast. Brown made a fantastic play that probably wouldn't even had been attempted if ST was on the field.

But like another member said, it kills me how PP was sorely missed last season and now, because of one play, he is being compared to ST. I guess that some people won't be happy until we actually have Ed Reed backing up Sean.

I would make Romo sits to pee beat us im just not sold on him( I know he is the "next Brett Farve" right now) but something in my gut just tells me he is not a career big time QB. I am begining to think that this is just his year. Like a couple of years ago I said Shaun Alexander was overrated but he had that great year. But look at him now everyone knows he is a soft running back.

We are not going to blitz much against Romo sits to pee, especially without ST.

We're going to try to take away the deep ball with a cover-2 shell, and get pressure with our line, as we did in the Detroit and GB games. The trouble is, of course, Dallas has a much better running game and better TE than either of those teams. But my guess is we are going to try to take away the long stuff and hope to bait Romo sits to pee into a bad throw or two against our zone.

No one has had success blitzing Romo sits to pee this year--why do folks think that is a good strategy? Just because it seems "MORE AGGRESSIVE"? Nothing is more demoralizing that sending the house and watching TO torch Legih Torrence and PP, or whatever. Make em work for it.

One way or the other, we've got to stop the run with the front four and London. That's the killer, IMO. And Rocky on Whitten is a very tough match up.

Gotta ball control that offense off the field, and play mistake-free football. Going to be tough, needless to say.

If GW plays the same style of defense this week w/ no pressure up front, Prioleau will be a target all game.

I remember a few years ago we played the Eagles early in the season w/ Spurrier and Ramsey. since Ramsey was hot for a couple of games and the Eagles' defense was banged up, everyone thought that we would light up them up.

The Eagles db's had some untested rookies. Their defensive coordinator called a great game to protect them by beating Ramsey senseless. They sent pressure EVERY SINGLE DOWN. By the time they let up, Ramsey was so spooked, it no longer mattered.

It would be great if GW could call the same type of gameplan that could protect Prioleau. If he is manned up against TO, it's over.

To be fair to Prioleau on that Reggie Brown TD, it looked like Brown blatantly pushed off. I was surprised the refs didn't throw a flag.:2cents:

We are just saying that If taylor was in there, they wouldn't have throw that pass or if they did, it would be a pick.

We arent going to get pressure on Romo sits to pee by blitzing. Do what we have been doing. Romo sits to pee doesn't have a great arm. I can stand long drives. We need to force a mistake by Romo sits to pee but not by blitzing.

I may be in the minority but I think blitzing IS the only way we have a chance in this game. W/Rogers gone, and Taylor out we don't have the athlete's to just play soft coverage all game and force Romo sits to pee into mistakes...

I would rather get beat blitzing, playing at 100 miles per hour than playing soft, STILL getting beat and it take 15 plays to do it...

JWsleep...amen.

Blitzing does not equal sacked quarterback every time. Once again, not playing Madden. Romo sits to pee has made sportscenter far too many times in his short career off of defenses sending the house.

Why did we not go blitz heavy against the eagles...Screens. Screens, Draws, and a scrambling QB make a blitz heavy defense look like something a half-brained highschool defensive coordinator whipped up. Balance. Balance. Balance. We blitz all game against the Cowgirls and we will single-handedly send Romo sits to pee, To, Crayton and marion barber to the pro bowl.

I hope i'm wrong...but i doubt it.

Its going to be hard to pressure Romo sits to pee with just our front four. The cowboys o-line is very good. We've got to blitz this game more to at least hit Romo sits to pee. Even if he does get some explosive plays. PP is a good player. He covers the field from sideline to sidleline very well and can lay the boom. But in order for us to have a chance he and LL have to smack those receivers around.

Are you comparing Romo sits to pee to Ramsey?

Homerville at its finest!

Good luck with that theory.

You will hear me laughing from the NC area Sunday.

:laugh:

GW has the Gibbitish. He plays the conservative game now. Expect more bend but don't break. Ooh the good old days when GW use to blitz players from all over the place. Seems so long ago.

I think we will see something different this week out of our D, I really do.

With all due respect to everyone's point of view, my take is that controlling the line of scrimmage is the key to Sunday's game. Offensively, if our Dirtbag boys can dominate, then we'll eat up the clock & control tempo(critical turnovers & stupid penalties notwithstanding). If we see some crisp, consistent execution from the Skins, we'll be in a position to take the game in the latter stages. Defensively, if the line dominates, we could Win the game convincingly, since PRESSURE on their qb(blitzing Romo sits to pee or not) is the key. That means that barber & jones won't be able to get started. And as long as the big play is kept in check, we'll be straight.

But unfortunately, I don't see this happenning due to our personnel. Its not that Washington's defensive line is bad, its just we don't have high quality pass rushers at the moment. That being said, we can still execute this gameplan Sunday. Someone is most certainly going to have to step up big for us though. How's that for homerism?

Are you comparing Romo sits to pee to Ramsey?

Homerville at its finest!

Good luck with that theory.

You will hear me laughing from the NC area Sunday.

:laugh:

Now that,I believe, is known in the books as missing the point.

Archived