Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This statement says it all...

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

This is a serious question, How confidant are you going into this game this weekend?

If I was suiting up? I would be sure we would win :D

Dallas has shown they can suck like the rest of us, get lucky like the rest of us.

One thing being a fan all these years, how each team is doing means NOTHING as to how THESE 2 TEAMS DO BATTLE!

The problem is that Joe Gibbs does not have 10 or 15 seasons to rebuild this team. He was given 5 and 3 1/2 are over.

And Joe Gibbs dod not rebuild the Redskins in the 80's. The team was already there.

I'd love to see Gibbs stick around for another 6 seasons, but that's not gonna happen. The Redskins will have a new coach in 2009 with the same quick-fix "win now" mantality with a new set of random overpaid, underachieving free agents.

The problem is that Joe Gibbs does not have 10 or 15 seasons to rebuild this team. He was given 5 and 3 1/2 are over.

And Joe Gibbs dod not rebuild the Redskins in the 80's. The team was already there.

I'd love to see Gibbs stick around for another 6 seasons, but that's not gonna happen. The Redskins will have a new coach in 2009 with the same quick-fix "win now" mantality with a new set of random overpaid, underachieving free agents.

... Metallica's "Sad but true" just rang in my ear's lol.

There's nothing admirable about not quitting if you're not getting the job done. Any jackass can keep screwing up and stick to it.

And just like the NFL, after early success his Nascar team is struggling again with no improvement in sight.

I don't hate the guy but it's entirely reasonable to surmise that Gibbs could simply be very lucky to have been at the right place at the right time and benefited from working with a lot of other great people around him.

If you're a true winner, you win no matter what the circumstances are.

YOU ARE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF SO BAD IT'S NOT FUNNY ... :doh:

In one paragraph, you wonder out loud that Gibbs might have got lucky the first time around, then right after that you say luck or no luck, "true winners" always win, despite "what the circumstances are." Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Gibbs a "winner" the first time around?

Is belicheat a "true winner" despite getting fired from Cleveland his first time around?

I do my job very well thank you. My job isn't to win football games. That the Coach's job.

If I don't perform and accomplish the professional goals set for me, I expect criticism.

And to put it bluntly, I'm a hell of a lot better business analyst than Gibbs is a football coach right now.

Well you are THE MAN!!! Let me know when you retire and someone calls you out of retirement offering you millions to attempt fixing a broke franchise with little to no draft resources in 5 years lol.. Cuz your THAT GOOD!!!

I do my job very well thank you. My job isn't to win football games. That the Coach's job.

If I don't perform and accomplish the professional goals set for me, I expect criticism.

And to put it bluntly, I'm a hell of a lot better business analyst than Gibbs is a football coach right now.

But what you don't have is the entire world looking over your shoulder, second-guessing EVERY move that you make--or don't make. PLEASE don't try to equate your job to his. I truly doubt that you have the same kind of pressure on a daily basis, that you work under anywhere near the same kind of spotlight, nor do I believe that you depend on as many others to perform your job OBJECTIVELY well as does Joe Gibbs.

Come on, folks, what we do day in and day out is just not the NFL. As fans, we have the right to be passionate about our team, its coaches, players, performance and its record. BUT, there aren't many (if any) of us who have tried to be a head coach in the NFL. So, for accurate and fair criticism please don't quote your non-NFL resume to me.

Besides, if you've closely read some of the Coach's statements following the Eagles game, NOTHING that you and I might have to say is going to make a hill of beans of difference to him or the way he approaches his job. You surely don't have to like it. But you might as well accept it. Because as the OP stated, Gibbs isn't going anywhere any time soon.:2cents:

I got a question.

What if the skins are great next year in 2008 with gibbs and say they get to a the conference championship and lose in a close game. Would you want him back after that?

The question is "Will Gibbs want to come back?"

He signed a 5-year $25M contact. He will not quit.

He is probably sick of this crap already and is just counting the days until it's over. I don't blame him at all. He knows this was a big mistake to come back. However, his kids are all grown up and Snyder threw him $25M. For $25M, I'd be taking all the blame too.

The criticism you speak of PALES in comparison to what Gibbs sees and hears.

I would throw in the towel and not post for awile before a few of us begin to doubt your mighty business analyst skills ... :laugh: good grief ...

Coaching football has to be an interesting job. Think about it. As a head coach you have a gameplan and style of both offense and defense that you believe will win games.

You come into the NFL as a new head coach of a team, and you have the personnel that the last coach had, which he built up for his vision as to how to play the game.

It's the NFL, so you have to play to the win. So, for each year, you have to adjust your gameplan and style to compliment the personnel that you have available.

Each off season you go out and try to change the personnel on your team to better fit your ideal gameplan, until you have all that personnel you need.

Because of free agency and salary cap, it's difficult to get that personnel at the starting positions, let alone any depth. So, throughout each season you still have to adjust for injuries.

And yet people wonder how after only 4 years Gibbs isn't winning every game.

If I was suiting up? I would be sure we would win :D

Dallas has shown they can suck like the rest of us, get lucky like the rest of us.

One thing being a fan all these years, how each team is doing means NOTHING as to how THESE 2 TEAMS DO BATTLE!

I can agree with that, I think the inability to score TD's though is what is holding me back. I would love to be pumped up, and call all the gay Cowgirl fans I know this week. But, 3 will always be less than 7. Cowboys score 7, we ALWAYS settle for 3.

Guest Rafterman
There's nothing admirable about not quitting if you're not getting the job done. Any jackass can keep screwing up and stick to it.

And just like the NFL, after early success his Nascar team is struggling again with no improvement in sight.

I don't hate the guy but it's entirely reasonable to surmise that Gibbs could simply be very lucky to have been at the right place at the right time and benefited from working with a lot of other great people around him.

If you're a true winner, you win no matter what the circumstances are.

:applause: :cheers:

AMEN

Joe needs to go at the end of the season.

Coaching football has to be an interesting job. Think about it. As a head coach you have a gameplan and style of both offense and defense that you believe will win games.

You come into the NFL as a new head coach of a team, and you have the personnel that the last coach had, which he built up for his vision as to how to play the game.

It's the NFL, so you have to play to the win. So, for each year, you have to adjust your gameplan and style to compliment the personnel that you have available.

Each off season you go out and try to change the personnel on your team to better fit your ideal gameplan, until you have all that personnel you need.

Because of free agency and salary cap, it's difficult to get that personnel at the starting positions, let alone any depth. So, throughout each season you still have to adjust for injuries.

And yet people wonder how after only 4 years Gibbs isn't winning every game.

Good points, but I really think we have the players we need to be successful. I know we are banged up with injuries, so is everyone else in the league. I guess my concern would be with playcalling. Who cares who you got, it's what you do with them. Look at the Pats, not until this year did they get big time names on their roster.

He knows this was a big mistake to come back. However, his kids are all grown up and Snyder threw him $25M. For $25M, I'd be taking all the blame too.

Disagree. He came back in part because one son [JD] was able to be in charge of the Nascar team, while the other son [Coy] wanted to give it a try in football coaching. And now that Coy has gone back into racing, Joe only has his signed contract committing him to the team.

Hey I'm sure the $25M would be a draw to anyone, but when Falcons owner Arthur Blank was courting Gibbs back in '02 or '03, don't you think Blank has money too? Gibbs is more than just about the money and you should realize that by now.

Hey I'm sure the $25M would be a draw to anyone, but when Falcons owner Arthur Blank was courting Gibbs back in '02 or '03, don't you think Blank has money too? Gibbs is more than just about the money and you should realize that by now.

Exactly.... But guess what the difference is people..... Joe Gibbs was loyal to this fanbase and team, and was tired of the "roundtable" that had been going on within the organization... He has what alot of everyone here should have for this team... HEART, PRIDE, SOUL and DEDICATION!!!! He could have joined the Falcons as their head coach, but yeah... now in hindsight with the Vick experience that would have been the right choice I guess huh?? :doh:

:applause: :cheers:

AMEN

Joe needs to go at the end of the season.

You said "Amen" to a slew of statements, half of which have been debunked.

I see a lot of people around here with short memories and who also don't notice progress when it's right in front of them.

Is Gibbs at the top of his coaching game right now? No, probably not and he's pretty much admitted that at times. But he's got a better resume than anyone posting on this board, yet many of us somehow think we could do better?

This team doesn't need to be gutted and rebuilt. No, it just needs some fuel injector cleaner poured into the tank. And a new GPS system that gives better directions to the endzone might help too.:D

Many of us see that Gibbs' coaching is one major problem with this team. However, I would argue that not many of those (including myself) believe that he won't be here next year. If we lose every game this year, he'll still be here. Cowher will probably return next year to a different team, so as much as I would love to see Cowher as our coach, it's not going to happen.

The only chance Cowher becomes our coach is if he and Dan make a under the table contract that he will become the coach after next year for some exhuberant amount of money.

MMMMMM....koolaid....its what's for dinner....:pint:

Gibbs has blown more halftime leads in the last 4 years (13) than he did the entire time he was here in Gibbs I (11)....in fact, in the last season and half he has almost matched that total (8 blown halftime leads last season and this season)....

In ALL of Gibbs I, he was 47-3 at home when leading at halftime....we have lost two games at home THIS SEASON when leading at halftime to NFC East opponents...so tell me again its getting better?

You can talk about resumes all you want...you can talk about pride and dedication all you want...

He is a wonderful man, he is not the same coach he once was...

He DESERVES to be judged on his performance since returning to the NFL, which is the following:

26-31 Regular Season Record

1-1 Playoff Record

17-13 when leading at halftime (Jeff Fischer is 42-3 when leading at halftime, Norv Turner was 36-16-1)

17-13 when leading at halftime (Jeff Fischer is 42-3 when leading at halftime, Norv Turner was 36-16-1)

Yeah, and lets just compare a hall of fame coach with the likes of these 2...

Especially Turner who was also 1-1 in the playoffs... I can understand Fisher maybe, but Turner??? Yeah lets hire him back instead of staying with continuity... :doh:

Archived