Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs/ Al Saunders Please Take off the HANDCUFFS

lilty1975

Fellas,

If any one know's how to get this thread to the coaches please do. I had to watch the game on the internet becasue I'm in the military and stationed in NC. So I can't see the redskins if carolina is playing. The quality was ok.

From what I saw when the redskins let JC run the semi no huddle he looked good I mean real good. In the redzone he threw 2 touchdowns. I would say he played very well today. Everybody wants to down JC but he is not calling the plays. The coach needs to take the handcuffs off of JC and the playbook. The coaches have no killer instinct, you have 6-7 plays to score in the redzone and you don't give JC a chance to kill the eagles. When you go to a jumbo package with the only true treat to catch is Cooley, it is not hard to stop. But when you have recievers in the redzone it gives JC options.

Today seemed like trying things with JC to test his ability. If you start something good stay with it until it fails. When they had the lead and moving the ball they did no huddle. The eagles didn't stop it, they just stopped running it. We are 5-4 and can't afford to lose anymore games in the DIV.

Starting next week, we need to take one game at a time and coaches please let JC loose for the whole game not just part of it. If we lose a game by going all out I can handle that but we are losing games because we play scared at the end of the game!!!!!!

True Redskins Fan For Life (no matter how we win or lose) :point2sky :2cents: :2cents: :cool:

I think they tried to today with the no huddle and the deep passing. We just could not punch it in the endzone late in the game.

Penalties and injuries to our dee hurt us today.

No, poor playcalling ultimately did us in today. Running the ball on 6 of 7 plays down near the goal line showed that Gibbs was afraid to have Campbell throw the ball and make a mistake at that juncture of the game even though JC had been having a great day up to that point. Gibbs was playing not to lose- what a huge mistake.

No, poor playcalling ultimately did us in today. Running the ball on 6 of 7 plays down near the goal line showed that Gibbs was afraid to have Campbell throw the ball and make a mistake at that juncture of the game even though JC had been having a great day up to that point. Gibbs was playing not to lose- what a huge mistake.

Yea that was what did it for me. 6 out of 7 plays he runs the ball and gets barely anything. The ONE time they pass Yoder is like inches from a TD.

Gibbs said a few weeks ago that the runs down in close were some of the team's 'best plays'..........what he has evidently failed to grasp is that the PLAYERS that helped the team run those plays in Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen are no longer on the field and that the substitutes are not their equal in run blocking.

This team needs spread teams out in close and show the run/pass option to allow the Redskins to convert these opportunities.

Joe Jacoby is retired, Coach :(

I guess people see what they want to see. When you are goal to go, is it much easier to run than it is to pass. That's particularly true when you are picking up big yards on the ground. It had nothing to do with not trusting Campbell (who did have two plays called for him, both negated by penalties.) but the confidence he had in his running game.

As for the offense, I didn't see any handcuffs today. The game was in his hands for the last two drives and he wasn't able to make it happen. The rush\pass ratio was pretty even. Hell, Campbell passed it more than McNabb, and that's saying something.

Jason

I totally agree. Man, I was pissed. I think I have one more game in me. If next week I see the same crap, I will not making plans to watch another game this year. Do not get me wrong if I am sitting around and they are playing I will watch but I will not plan to watch the game. This is just to disappointing.

What will it take for some of you guys to NOT say 'Let's take off the handcuffs?'? I mean, for goodness sakes, Jason was throwing the ball all over the place today and going deep as well. Might I have wanted another pass or two close to the goal line?....Sure.....but that's no reason to keep spouting the overused media phrase 'take off the handcuffs'.

THIS is why Gibbs must retire. I'm the biggest Gibbs supporter---as in, Gibbs the man, the man of character----that there is. That said, He has no guts. He has talked after every game, win or lose, about the team "playing their guts out."

If that's true, the team deserves to have a coach that shows guts and lets them play. We've now lost two when we've had the ball inside the 5 and called like 37 between the tackles runs in a row and ended up losing.

For those of you who would say "JC was throwing it 'all over the place' today"... You are right. He was. Beautifully, in fact. Right until the game got tight and then the coaches did what the Eagles couldn't. They stopped him. JC was in a SPECTACULAR rhythm throwing 8 to 10 yard passes. Then they stopped throwing them. RIDICULOUS.

Anyone here think Bellicheck or even Dungy would have stopped throwing the ball with a 2 point lead?

You could say this one was on the offense for not punching it in... You could say this one was on the defense for basically not stopping the Eagles in the 4th quarter. But I put this one SQUARELY on our over-the-hill-and-afraid-to-lose coach.

What needs to be uncuffed is the team attitude. There is no killer instinct. There is no swagger developed within them. They are coached that every game must be a struggle the likes of which even Christ never saw.

We had to go into OT to beat two of the three worst teams in the league. That's what I'm talking about.

For those of you who would say "JC was throwing it 'all over the place' today"... You are right. He was. Beautifully, in fact. Right until the game got tight and then the coaches did what the Eagles couldn't. They stopped him. JC was in a SPECTACULAR rhythm throwing 8 to 10 yard passes. Then they stopped throwing them. RIDICULOUS.

They didn't stop throwing them. He was still throwing the ball on the previous drive. It just happens on this one that they had the short field, and Portis whipped off a 9 yarder and an 8 yarder. Based on that, it just makes sense to continue running the ball.

I keep wondering sometimes if people actually watch the game.

Jason

Gibbs said a few weeks ago that the runs down in close were some of the team's 'best plays'..........what he has evidently failed to grasp is that the PLAYERS that helped the team run those plays in Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen are no longer on the field and that the substitutes are not their equal in run blocking.

This team needs spread teams out in close and show the run/pass option to allow the Redskins to convert these opportunities.

Joe Jacoby is retired, Coach :(

i have been saying this for a long time now. spread the formation out. we are not a powerful team this year. we have 120 million dollars in pass catchers. i dont know why our coach is so stubborn.

They didn't stop throwing them. He was still throwing the ball on the previous drive. It just happens on this one that they had the short field, and Portis whipped off a 9 yarder and an 8 yarder. Based on that, it just makes sense to continue running the ball.

Jason

So you agree with running the ball 6 out of 7 times in the redzone? While the one time we did pass Yoder was inches from scoring? You agree with the draw play on 3rd and 10 in the redzone?

We all watched the game your opinion isnt higher than anyone elses.

So you agree with running the ball 6 out of 7 times in the redzone? While the one time we did pass Yoder was inches from scoring? You agree with the draw play on 3rd and 10 in the redzone?

We all watched the game your opinion isnt higher than anyone elses.

I didn't have a problem with any of the playcalls in that series. It isn't like we ran the same play every time. All the runs were different plays. Even the 3rd down call wasn't a bad call, because defenses are going to be expecting a pass play, and it ran down clock to boot.

Course, the whole discussion would be moot if Cooley doesn't leave early. Then we'd be talking about how Gibbs and Saunders were geniuses. Course, when things don't go right, everything gets second-guessed to death.

There isn't much I second guess with the offensive calls in this game.

Jason

I didn't have a problem with any of the playcalls in that series. It isn't like we ran the same play every time. All the runs were different plays. Even the 3rd down call wasn't a bad call, because defenses are going to be expecting a pass play, and it ran down clock to boot.

Course, the whole discussion would be moot if Cooley doesn't leave early. Then we'd be talking about how Gibbs and Saunders were geniuses. Course, when things don't go right, everything gets second-guessed to death.

There isn't much I second guess with the offensive calls in this game.

Jason

Just because they were different plays doesnt mean they werent on the ground. I would never be talking about the genius of Gibbs and Saunders after this game or any other this season. Look how people have been after wins this season, they still arent happy with the coaching.

If there isnt much you second guess with the offensive calls on this team then we have alot to disagree with.

Longshot never has a problem with the coaches. I really gotta go back and see the posts from last year. Because it's always the same justifications and tortured logic. How about showing some independence for once?

You don't even need to read the posts to guess what he's going to say. It gets boring, however courteous he is.

Dude, what the hell---your QB has been laying it down in the red zone with style and you say you have no problem with a bunch of runs (and we're not 1st and inches several times?) ??

Are you kidding me?

Jason

Well, you've got that right! I wonder myself if people actually watch the game. These clowns have a 9 yarder and then an 8 yarder. It makes absolutely NO sense to keep running the ball. How many times do you think that crap is going to work? Why not try a new invention: A FORWARD PASS! As usual, this Joe Gibbs coached team goes down without swinging. Just let the opponent bust you in the mouth and hope it doesn't bleed too much. But for heavens sakes, don't you dare swing back. They might get mad. Geeezzzzzzzz.......

How long do we have to watch the Snydermen to realize that although the defense is marginally better than last year, they still don't stop anybody when they have to, and ain't gonna. If I'm the head coach, I'm going to realize this (same stupid stuff since Norv was here), and let my offense go win the game. Not trust my stupid, give-up-all-the-big-plays defense to stop the opponent. Just score more points. They've got the weapons now to do so. But why do that, when having HD programming and watching analog will do?

Another absolutely, unnecessary loss! Gibbs, how soon can you get back to NASCAR?

Longshot never has a problem with the coaches. I really gotta go back and see the posts from last year. Because it's always the same justifications and tortured logic. How about showing some independence for once?

You don't even need to read the posts to guess what he's going to say. It gets boring, however courteous he is.

Dude, what the hell---your QB has been laying it down in the red zone with style and you say you have no problem with a bunch of runs (and we're not 1st and inches several times?) ??

Are you kidding me?

Exactly. Comments like "I wonder if anyone is actually watching the game" are you watching the game man??? That comment suggests you know football more then the people that you disagree with when in fact it is just the opposite.

Archived