Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Revised for Week 13): NFC Playoff Race

88Comrade2000

What would break a tie between us and the Eagles?

Right now, the 1st tiebreaker doesn't apply since the Eagles and Skins have beaten each other once. Also, both teams have intradivisional records of 1-3, so the 2nd tiebreaker doesn't apply.

The 3rd tiebreaker would be winning percentage in common games. Both teams currently have the same winning percentage in common games, so that tiebreaker also doesn't apply at this time.

So we come to the 4th tiebreaker, which is intraconference record. And right now, that tiebreaker favors the Skins because they have one fewer intraconference loss than the Eagles.

Right now, the 1st tiebreaker doesn't apply since the Eagles and Skins have beaten each other once. Also, both teams have intradivisional records of 1-3, so the 2nd tiebreaker doesn't apply.

The next tiebreaker would be winning percentage in common games.

Correct. And if common games ends up being tied, then its conference record.

NFL.com right now has the Eagles ahead, but I don't think that's right.

Both teams are 3-3 in common games, and the skins have a better conf record.......

This week is set up nicely for the Skins to move into the 6th spot. Good chance Detroit loses to Green Bay, the Eagles are led to slaughter against the Pats. If the Skins can beat the Bucs we move into the last wild card spot. With games against the Bills and Bears following, we could add some cushion to that lead.

Of course with the way the season has gone so far I'm definitely not holding my breath on it actually happening.

I think our only shot is the last wild card.

The Giants have a favorable schedule and the Pats play them the last game of the season. If the Pats decide to rest up, they could even win that one. Even if they don't, the Skins would have to win in NYG and pretty much win out.

We needed the Giants to lose today because Detroit's schedule is still pretty tough and they would probably lose 3 more games regardless.

We can't afford to go 9-7 because the way the schedules are there aren't enough AFC teams for our competitors to play so they can take losses.

If the Skins do manage to sneak into the playoffs I still like their chances. Out of those teams none are scary. We CAN beat Dallas. We CAN beat the Giants. We have beaten the Lions. We CAN beat the Packers. I don't know about Seattle because we haven't played them this season but they seem like a winnable game.

The problem is they are going to have to win out until the last game of the season. I honestly believe that Dallas will have the NFC locked up and home field IF they can beat Green Bay.

That said the skins are going to have to play a bunch of road games if they can manage to sneak into the last wildcard spot which won't be easy

The 3rd tiebreaker would be winning percentage in common games. Both teams currently have the same winning percentage in common games, so that tiebreaker also doesn't apply at this time.

So we come to the 4th tiebreaker, which is intraconference record. And right now, that tiebreaker favors the Skins because they have one fewer intraconference loss than the Eagles.

Looks like we are going deep into those tiebreaker sceneros. How about just have Skins and Eagles fans wrestle for the playoff spot?

After yet ANOTHER one of our blown games (third one in a row now, second one where an interception officially killed it), I paid attention to the wild card runners up. I'm not exactly sold on Seattle and Tampa Bay running away with their divisions, but otherwise happening remains to be seen. I found it quite amusing (in a twisted sort of way) that the viers for the 5th and 6th playoff spots all lost, while New Orleans, Minnesota, and Chicago crept back in it.

The next 5 games are pivotal. The Redskins could have been in a position far better than they are now, but football is what it is. The likelihood of us sneaking into the playoffs with the way the team has been playing is slim to me, but odder things have happened. I'm not holding out hope though. I'm tired of the yo-yo diet we've been on all season. Let it just be December's end already. Offseason, baby!

Archived