Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week Nine Picks, Pats, and Apologies

kleese

I think you're giving Denver WAY too much credit. They have done nothing to suggest that they can beat a decent team on the road. Especially one with a pronounced home field advantage (dome team) like Detroit.

I also think Norv is due for one of those games for which he became infamous. The team is riding high, everyone is starting to believe in them and him, the furor over the poor start has subsided, and they're playing a perceived weak team on the road. Classic Norv letdown setup. I see the Chargers losing on some sort of non-offensive TD. :)

4 FGs and the Jets score a TD..that's some funny stuff right there. I really think we will score 27 this week.

It's one of the worst defenses but we have heard this before :doh: . Remember back in wk 3 when the Giants came in with one of the worse defenses.

4 FGs and the Jets score a TD..that's some funny stuff right there. I really think we will score 27 this week.

It's one of the worst defenses but we have heard this before :doh: . Remember back in wk 3 when the Giants came in with one of the worse defenses.

I think the Pats will put up 40+ points on the Colts.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think the Colts are any better defensively than the Redskins are. But a couple of things work in their favor.

1) They're playing at home, in a dome. Crowd noise could really allow their D to get a jump on the ball, and may disrupt the Patriots timing.

2) The Patriots may not have the opportunity to put a lot of points on the board, as Manning will hold onto the ball considerably longer. Thus Brady won't have as many possessions in which to score.

I think Kleese is pretty close on this one. I also see a Patriots win, with a game where both teams are in the 30s, or close to it.

I think the Pats will put up 40+ points on the Colts.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think the Colts are any better defensively than the Redskins are. But a couple of things work in their favor.

1) They're playing at home, in a dome. Crowd noise could really allow their D to get a jump on the ball, and may disrupt the Patriots timing.

2) The Patriots may not have the opportunity to put a lot of points on the board, as Manning will hold onto the ball considerably longer. Thus Brady won't have as many possessions in which to score.

I think Kleese is pretty close on this one. I also see a Patriots win, with a game where both teams are in the 30s, or close to it.

I think you're giving Denver WAY too much credit. They have done nothing to suggest that they can beat a decent team on the road. Especially one with a pronounced home field advantage (dome team) like Detroit.

I also think Norv is due for one of those games for which he became infamous. The team is riding high, everyone is starting to believe in them and him, the furor over the poor start has subsided, and they're playing a perceived weak team on the road. Classic Norv letdown setup. I see the Chargers losing on some sort of non-offensive TD. :)

I would agree with you about Norv but not this week. I just can't see them losing to the punchless Vikings.

I would agree with you about Norv but not this week. I just can't see them losing to the punchless Vikings.

yea, i agree with BAFGA.

But, our offense is bad, but we put up 24 against the jets. 20-3...

And, how is a close game a boring game? I love defense battles, but if they start driving, i freak. Watching a skins game is never borning, but if it is, you can't call yourself a fan.

Archived