Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft.com: WILBON SUGGESTS TAKING OUT BRADY

twenty-eight

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

WILBON SUGGESTS TAKING OUT BRADY

I mentioned earlier in the day the possibility that "ome crazy-ass

defensive lineman" might decide late in the latest Patriots blowout win that he doesn't like the fact that quarterback Tom Brady is still on the field, and that said "crazy-ass defensive lineman" might opt to go Vince Wilfork on Brady's knee.

Though some readers have assumed that this means I'm actually encouraging some crazy-ass defensive lineman to take out Brady's knees, let's be clear on this. I'm merely recognizing the obvious. It would be reckless and irresponsible to argue that a player should actually target Tom's patellar tendon.

Of course, not every writer apparently feels this way.

Mike Wilbon of the Washington Post (whom we like) has openly advocated taking out Tom's kneecaps during a Monday chat session.

The question was as follows: "I can understand Bill Belichick's desire to crush every team in the NFL, but why keep your franchise QB in there to do it? One cheap shot helmet to the knee and it's goodbye Super Bowl unless [Matt] Cassell suddenly gets good."

Says Wilbon in response: "You're absolutely right. And if I was on the opposing team,

I'd hit Tom Brady with everything I had as late as I could and take the penalty and join the fight that would surely follow. Football is a violent game and there's got to be somebody out there sharpening his fan[g]s for the Patriots Golden Boy in the 4th quarter one of these weeks."

We expect to hear more and more about taking out Brady as the weeks go by -- and we think that the team with the most to gain via his absence needs to be monitored closely for low hits this weekend, especially since

Colts defensive line coach John Teerlinck has a reputation in league circles for teaching his pupils to aim for the ACL.

GO COLTS

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

WILBON SUGGESTS TAKING OUT BRADY

I mentioned earlier in the day the possibility that "ome crazy-ass

defensive lineman" might decide late in the latest Patriots blowout win that he doesn't like the fact that quarterback Tom Brady is still on the field, and that said "crazy-ass defensive lineman" might opt to go Vince Wilfork on Brady's knee.

Though some readers have assumed that this means I'm actually encouraging some crazy-ass defensive lineman to take out Brady's knees, let's be clear on this. I'm merely recognizing the obvious. It would be reckless and irresponsible to argue that a player should actually target Tom's patellar tendon.

Of course, not every writer apparently feels this way.

Mike Wilbon of the Washington Post (whom we like) has openly advocated taking out Tom's kneecaps during a Monday chat session.

The question was as follows: "I can understand Bill Belichick's desire to crush every team in the NFL, but why keep your franchise QB in there to do it? One cheap shot helmet to the knee and it's goodbye Super Bowl unless [Matt] Cassell suddenly gets good."

Says Wilbon in response: "You're absolutely right. And if I was on the opposing team,

I'd hit Tom Brady with everything I had as late as I could and take the penalty and join the fight that would surely follow. Football is a violent game and there's got to be somebody out there sharpening his fan[g]s for the Patriots Golden Boy in the 4th quarter one of these weeks."

We expect to hear more and more about taking out Brady as the weeks go by -- and we think that the team with the most to gain via his absence needs to be monitored closely for low hits this weekend, especially since

Colts defensive line coach John Teerlinck has a reputation in league circles for teaching his pupils to aim for the ACL.

GO COLTS

Even though doing something like that would be wrong, after yesterday and Bill Belicheks obvious contempt for anyone he plays........who knows. Funny thing is, the guy that does this is either going to be hated by everyone in the media or they're gonna say "Well thats what you get for running up the score, you piss people off"

Even though doing something like that would be wrong, after yesterday and Bill Belicheks obvious contempt for anyone he plays........who knows. Funny thing is, the guy that does this is either going to be hated by everyone in the media or they're gonna say "Well thats what you get for running up the score, you piss people off"

So if you can't beat'em...hurt'em? Even more classless than running up score.

Definitely, but its going to happen. You keep making enemies and someone is going to strike back. If they can't win their game, they'll make sure you don't win any more. If Brady wants to hang around in the 4th quarter of blowout after blowout, I would suggest upping his medical insurance and possibly remembering to buy his o line a round of drinks every week they keep him safe.

So if you can't beat'em...hurt'em? Even more classless than running up score.

Definitely, but its going to happen. You keep making enemies and someone is going to strike back. If they can't win their game, they'll make sure you don't win any more. If Brady wants to hang around in the 4th quarter of blowout after blowout, I would suggest upping his medical insurance and possibly remembering to buy his o line a round of drinks every week they keep him safe.

Totally classless. . .

So what do you expect them to do, put on their skirts and take their pom-poms on the field? It's the NFL, and if you don't like the opposing team scoring on you, then it is up to you to stop them, it is that simple.

If people are hating the Pats for being that good, fine, but advocating purposely injuring the NFL MVP is totally 100% classless. Skins fans are better then that, that is something you expect from Philly or Raider fans, but not the Sikins.

Totally classless. . .

So what do you expect them to do, put on their skirts and take their pom-poms on the field? It's the NFL, and if you don't like the opposing team scoring on you, then it is up to you to stop them, it is that simple.

If people are hating the Pats for being that good, fine, but advocating purposely injuring the NFL MVP is totally 100% classless. Skins fans are better then that, that is something you expect from Philly or Raider fans, but not the Sikins.

Archived