Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Detroit Lions Did It ... Why Can't We?

GibbsWon3ForAReason

I keep reading all these threads about how Gibbs should pack it in and we should start the rebulding process now. My question is why?

We hammered the Detroit Lions 34-3 and they bounced back to beat the Bucs and the Bears in Chicago. If the Lions can rebound from a beat down, then so can we.

At 4-3 the season is by no means over. If we beat the Jets, then we will only be one game behind the NY Giants and a game or two behind the Cowboys and will still play them twice.

I thought some of the lyrics from "Hail To The Redskins" were "Fight on, fight on -- 'Till you have won" ... and not "Fold up, fold up -- Because the season is only seven games old and we are 4-3 and we just lost big and I hate Gibbs because he is interfering with Saunders playcalling, blah, blah, blah."

I keep reading all these threads about how Gibbs should pack it in and we should start the rebulding process now. My question is why?

We hammered the Detroit Lions 34-3 and they bounced back to beat the Bucs and the Bears in Chicago. If the Lions can rebound from a beat down, then so can we.

At 4-3 the season is by no means over. If we beat the Jets, then we will only be one game behind the NY Giants and a game or two behind the Cowboys and will still play them twice.

I thought some of the lyrics from "Hail To The Redskins" were "Fight on, fight on -- 'Till you have won" ... and not "Fold up, fold up -- Because the season is only seven games old and we are 4-3 and we just lost big and I hate Gibbs because he is interfering with Saunders playcalling, blah, blah, blah."

Good post...

If we can get to 5-3 we will come home to play an Eagles team on the ropes...they'll likley be 3-5.

It's reasonable to assume we'll be 6-3 heading into our week 11 game at Dallas...even if we lose that one we will still be 6-4.

It sure beats theheck out of last year's situation. At least we can talk playoffs in November...and don't dismiss our tie breaker we have over the Lions...it must might come in handy!

Good post...

If we can get to 5-3 we will come home to play an Eagles team on the ropes...they'll likley be 3-5.

It's reasonable to assume we'll be 6-3 heading into our week 11 game at Dallas...even if we lose that one we will still be 6-4.

It sure beats theheck out of last year's situation. At least we can talk playoffs in November...and don't dismiss our tie breaker we have over the Lions...it must might come in handy!

There's a few things the Lions have that we don't. A offensive cordinator that likes to pass and WRs. If they had our defense that team would be scary good. To bad for us we have no WRs and our coaching staff sucks.

There's a few things the Lions have that we don't. A offensive cordinator that likes to pass and WRs. If they had our defense that team would be scary good. To bad for us we have no WRs and our coaching staff sucks.

If we can beat the Bucs, then we will have the tiebreaker advantage over two teams that will probably be in contention for wildcard spots.

However, I still believe we can will the NFC East.

If we can beat the Bucs, then we will have the tiebreaker advantage over two teams that will probably be in contention for wildcard spots.

However, I still believe we can will the NFC East.

I did not watch the last two games where the Lions beat the Bucs and Bears, but judging from the statistics, it seems the Lions won because they ran the ball more.

The Lions only scored 16 points this week. That is less than 20, so shouldn't we crucify their offensive coaches for not scoring more and going for the throat? Gibbs and company sure get yelled at a lot by "fans" when we scored less than 20 points and won the game.

I did not watch the last two games where the Lions beat the Bucs and Bears, but judging from the statistics, it seems the Lions won because they ran the ball more.

The Lions only scored 16 points this week. That is less than 20, so shouldn't we crucify their offensive coaches for not scoring more and going for the throat? Gibbs and company sure get yelled at a lot by "fans" when we scored less than 20 points and won the game.

that's just the thing, i don't know if this team have what it takes to rebound...you'd figure that after the 2nd half disaster to Giants, we would learn from it, but it happened again vs. Packers, Cardinals...didn't seem like the team learned from the Giants game as the performances in the 2nd half hasn't changed

until we play a solid 60 minutes of football on offense and defense, i just don't see a rebound

that's just the thing, i don't know if this team have what it takes to rebound...you'd figure that after the 2nd half disaster to Giants, we would learn from it, but it happened again vs. Packers, Cardinals...didn't seem like the team learned from the Giants game as the performances in the 2nd half hasn't changed

until we play a solid 60 minutes of football on offense and defense, i just don't see a rebound

I think half the reason so many people are so upset by this game (besides the fact that we played like total crap) is because of all the talk about how we were going to win. And even those who aren't homers thought we were going to come out and upset the Pats. We underestimated them, thinking they were looking past us to the Colts. We were embarrassed nationally.

However, like our slim win over the Cards last week, it is only one game. We thank the football gods this isn't college where it would matter, it's the NFL...a W is a W and an L is an L.

We can ***** and moan all we want about how much we sucked and how we need to get rid of all our players and coaches, but regardless, what happens if we turn it around? We win the rest of our games and make it to (and win?) the Super Bowl? Then what, do we still get rid of everyone? No, we look back at this at shake our heads in disbelief.

The season is not over, we could just be having a rocky start (which could be a lot rockier...still a winning record). We could be a comeback team, that's the thing about football, that's what makes it so great...any given Sunday. Just because we've had some horrible losses doesn't mean our team is going to give up. The season is NOT over, we still have a chance. HTTR!

(And there's my ridiculously positive, optimistic, homer post for the night to help make up for all the horrible, evil things I said previously today.)

I think half the reason so many people are so upset by this game (besides the fact that we played like total crap) is because of all the talk about how we were going to win. And even those who aren't homers thought we were going to come out and upset the Pats. We underestimated them, thinking they were looking past us to the Colts. We were embarrassed nationally.

However, like our slim win over the Cards last week, it is only one game. We thank the football gods this isn't college where it would matter, it's the NFL...a W is a W and an L is an L.

We can ***** and moan all we want about how much we sucked and how we need to get rid of all our players and coaches, but regardless, what happens if we turn it around? We win the rest of our games and make it to (and win?) the Super Bowl? Then what, do we still get rid of everyone? No, we look back at this at shake our heads in disbelief.

The season is not over, we could just be having a rocky start (which could be a lot rockier...still a winning record). We could be a comeback team, that's the thing about football, that's what makes it so great...any given Sunday. Just because we've had some horrible losses doesn't mean our team is going to give up. The season is NOT over, we still have a chance. HTTR!

(And there's my ridiculously positive, optimistic, homer post for the night to help make up for all the horrible, evil things I said previously today.)

I think the reason for my confidence in the Redskins to rebound and put it together this year, is the exact same reason you seem to have some doubts.

My confidence is based on the fact we have a winning record despite nothing clicking on all cylinders.

If we can get some wins and manage to stay above water until Campbell and the offense overcome these growing pains and get it together, just imagine how good we will be.

I think the reason for my confidence in the Redskins to rebound and put it together this year, is the exact same reason you seem to have some doubts.

My confidence is based on the fact we have a winning record despite nothing clicking on all cylinders.

If we can get some wins and manage to stay above water until Campbell and the offense overcome these growing pains and get it together, just imagine how good we will be.

They are running more, but when they pass its deep throws. Thats the thing when you can pass you can run. The problem is we can't pass so we can't run. If I was trying to defend our team. I would just kep on Portis and the 2 to 5 yd passes that JC throws. When you think about it, its pretty easy to defend our team.

They are running more, but when they pass its deep throws. Thats the thing when you can pass you can run. The problem is we can't pass so we can't run. If I was trying to defend our team. I would just kep on Portis and the 2 to 5 yd passes that JC throws. When you think about it, its pretty easy to defend our team.

People have short memories. In week 4 of 2005 Cris Carter said that, of the remaining unbeaten teams (we were 3-0), we were the worst in the division. Later, when we were at 5-6, he said that "he was right." Lo and behold, our D FINALLY became a turnover/sack machine, we started running all over people, and we threw well too. Gibbs is a December guy, remember? We can still get this together.

It wasn't just that the Pats we better than us: we played up there, our Oline is banged up, and we just din't show up. It happens to everyone. 36-0 in NY, remember?

People have short memories. In week 4 of 2005 Cris Carter said that, of the remaining unbeaten teams (we were 3-0), we were the worst in the division. Later, when we were at 5-6, he said that "he was right." Lo and behold, our D FINALLY became a turnover/sack machine, we started running all over people, and we threw well too. Gibbs is a December guy, remember? We can still get this together.

It wasn't just that the Pats we better than us: we played up there, our Oline is banged up, and we just din't show up. It happens to everyone. 36-0 in NY, remember?

I think our offense is easy to defend because we have nobody that is consistently forcing the opposing defense to defend.

We drop passes. We have false starts and holding penalties.

Santana Moss used to be the big play receiver, but he can not catch the short passes and when he gets open deep Campbell and him can not connect (late in the Eagles game is a good example).

I agree throwing deep can loosen up a defense, but I think the threat of the wide receiver getting deep and making a big play is really what loosens up a defense. What wide receiver on our team does the opposing defense have to gameplan for and prevent him from beating them deep?

Moss has the speed, but the fact Campbell and him have no chemistry at the moment nullifies the fear of the deep threat.

I think our offense is easy to defend because we have nobody that is consistently forcing the opposing defense to defend.

We drop passes. We have false starts and holding penalties.

Santana Moss used to be the big play receiver, but he can not catch the short passes and when he gets open deep Campbell and him can not connect (late in the Eagles game is a good example).

I agree throwing deep can loosen up a defense, but I think the threat of the wide receiver getting deep and making a big play is really what loosens up a defense. What wide receiver on our team does the opposing defense have to gameplan for and prevent him from beating them deep?

Moss has the speed, but the fact Campbell and him have no chemistry at the moment nullifies the fear of the deep threat.

look at us lol, we are fumbling left and right our WRs can't catch, our Rb had 27 friggin rushing yards today and is all of a sudden footballs version of glass joe our offensive line is handicapped JC cant feel pressure our playcallers seem to think WR screens WR reverses and other silly trick plays are the only way to adjust to all of our problems , JC seems to be taking steps backwards, we lose another starter almost every game and usually have 3 more hobbling off the field, the onyl game we looked good in is vs the lions, which I think is still a good win but we are a laughing stock on offense lol

Archived