Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Detroit Lions Did It ... Why Can't We?

GibbsWon3ForAReason

look at us lol, we are fumbling left and right our WRs can't catch, our Rb had 27 friggin rushing yards today and is all of a sudden footballs version of glass joe our offensive line is handicapped JC cant feel pressure our playcallers seem to think WR screens WR reverses and other silly trick plays are the only way to adjust to all of our problems , JC seems to be taking steps backwards, we lose another starter almost every game and usually have 3 more hobbling off the field, the onyl game we looked good in is vs the lions, which I think is still a good win but we are a laughing stock on offense lol

I keep reading all these threads about how Gibbs should pack it in and we should start the rebulding process now. My question is why?

In case you haven't noticed, this is how we act every time after a loss, its just magnified due to the pounding we took. We go back and forth from Jason Campbell is over/underrated, and Fire Gibbs/ESPN hates the world, screw the power ranking mediots... wait until we beat the Jets, everyone will be back on board!

I keep reading all these threads about how Gibbs should pack it in and we should start the rebulding process now. My question is why?

In case you haven't noticed, this is how we act every time after a loss, its just magnified due to the pounding we took. We go back and forth from Jason Campbell is over/underrated, and Fire Gibbs/ESPN hates the world, screw the power ranking mediots... wait until we beat the Jets, everyone will be back on board!

... I thought some of the lyrics from "Hail To The Redskins" were "Fight on, fight on -- 'Till you have won" ...

You are right.

But did you see any fight in our team today?

Did we win?

If there is no fight in the team then that is because of bad coaching and the HC must be fired.

HC's are supposed to constantly make substitutions and correct for errors made, on the fly.

If, as a HC, you see the offense is sputtering on the ground then take it long through the air consistently and open up the ground game.

If the other team has all day to find the open WR then blitz and get the QB off his game.

If the morale goes down because of trailing by a couple touchdowns, then you have to get the team to concentrate on the single play in front of them, not the game, and something new and unexpected needs to be tried.... maybe a trick play.

JG does none of that.

JG must be fired.

... I thought some of the lyrics from "Hail To The Redskins" were "Fight on, fight on -- 'Till you have won" ...

You are right.

Did we win?

If there is no fight in the team then that is because of bad coaching and the HC must be fired.

HC's are supposed to constantly make substitutions and correct for errors made, on the fly.

If, as a HC, you see the offense is sputtering on the ground then take it long through the air consistently and open up the ground game.

If the other team has all day to find the open WR then blitz and get the QB off his game.

If the morale goes down because of trailing by a couple touchdowns, then you have to get the team to concentrate on the single play in front of them, not the game, and something new and unexpected needs to be tried.... maybe a trick play.

JG does none of that.

JG must be fired.

I think our rushing offense looked good against the Dolphins in Week 1. The way we took the ball and drove down the field in overtime impressed me.

Yea I agree it looked pretty good, but it was the Dolphins who are now 0-8 and a laughing stock on defense, and we had a much better o-line then.. now we are beat up on the line, Portis is gimpy, WRs are no good, its a mess =\ oh well 4-3 is 4-3 lets hope we beat the jets

I think our rushing offense looked good against the Dolphins in Week 1. The way we took the ball and drove down the field in overtime impressed me.

Yea I agree it looked pretty good, but it was the Dolphins who are now 0-8 and a laughing stock on defense, and we had a much better o-line then.. now we are beat up on the line, Portis is gimpy, WRs are no good, its a mess =\ oh well 4-3 is 4-3 lets hope we beat the jets

You are right.

If the morale goes down because of trailing by a couple touchdowns then you have to get the team to concentrate on the single play in front of them not the game and something new and unexpected needs to be tried.... maybe a trick play.

JG does none of that.

JG must be fired.

Are you saying that every time a team is blown out in any sport, the head coach must be fired?

The Redskins lost to the NY Giants earlier this year in a game they should have won. How did the team respond? The dominated their next opponent by beating them 34-3.

You tell the quality of a team by the way they respond after a defeat. Every team is going to have to go through some adversity at some point.

Just curious, but why do you think Gibbs won three Super Bowl championships with three different starting quarterbacks in the past? Dumb luck? "Playing scared" worked back in those days?:doh:

You are right.

If the morale goes down because of trailing by a couple touchdowns then you have to get the team to concentrate on the single play in front of them not the game and something new and unexpected needs to be tried.... maybe a trick play.

JG does none of that.

JG must be fired.

Are you saying that every time a team is blown out in any sport, the head coach must be fired?

The Redskins lost to the NY Giants earlier this year in a game they should have won. How did the team respond? The dominated their next opponent by beating them 34-3.

You tell the quality of a team by the way they respond after a defeat. Every team is going to have to go through some adversity at some point.

Just curious, but why do you think Gibbs won three Super Bowl championships with three different starting quarterbacks in the past? Dumb luck? "Playing scared" worked back in those days?:doh:

People seem to ignore the fact that even at 4-3, we're currently 1 game out of a wildcard spot and own the tiebreaker (Detroit) already having had our bye. The season is just starting.. not over.

Very true, and after next week vs the Jets, we've got Philly, Dallas, and Tampa Bay. All three of those are big games.

People seem to ignore the fact that even at 4-3, we're currently 1 game out of a wildcard spot and own the tiebreaker (Detroit) already having had our bye. The season is just starting.. not over.

Very true, and after next week vs the Jets, we've got Philly, Dallas, and Tampa Bay. All three of those are big games.

Archived