Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, where do we go from here?

Bacon

The nightmare is over, guys. Our offense struggled like always, and Gregg Williams was outcoached. A crying shame, but it's over now. There's not much to gain from obsessing over this loss, so we might as well look to the future.

Our next two games are pretty easy:

@ Jets

vs. Eagles

There are three directions we could go in:

1. Get royally pissed and thrash the Jets like a blackbelt beating up a toddler.

2. Play like we have all season and squeak out a win by a field goal or less. (I'm taking this option)

3. Keel over and die, losing by 60 to the Jets. The Jets aren't used to winning, and don't have any celebratory gatorade, so they dump a wheelbarrow full of bricks on their coach instead.

We NEED to do one of the first two. We NEED to go 6-3. We didn't NEED to win this game. From here, what we do need is to get our **** together, and beat a couple of pretty lousy teams.

The Bucs lost today, so one of our closest competitors has just been knocked down a peg. Same with the Panthers.

But none of that really matters: our destiny is in our own hands at this point. Hail! :point2sky

The nightmare is over, guys. Our offense struggled like always, and Gregg Williams was outcoached. A crying shame, but it's over now. There's not much to gain from obsessing over this loss, so we might as well look to the future.

@ Jets

vs. Eagles

There are three directions we could go in:

1. Get royally pissed and thrash the Jets like a blackbelt beating up a toddler.

2. Play like we have all season and squeak out a win by a field goal or less. (I'm taking this option)

3. Keel over and die, losing by 60 to the Jets. The Jets aren't used to winning, and don't have any celebratory gatorade, so they dump a wheelbarrow full of bricks on their coach instead.

We NEED to do one of the first two. We NEED to go 6-3. We didn't NEED to win this game. From here, what we do need is to get our **** together, and beat a couple of pretty lousy teams.

The Bucs lost today, so one of our closest competitors has just been knocked down a peg. Same with the Panthers.

But none of that really matters: our destiny is in our own hands at this point. Hail! :point2sky

Bury our head in the sand and forget about this? No way.

And you have to be crazy to say that Jets and the Eagles are "pretty easy" games. Did you see what just happened to us? Unbeaten Miami--who we tied--looked better against the Pats than us. And we barely just beat Arizona.

The Jets and Eagles ought to scare us because that is where we are as a team.

And you have to be crazy to say that Jets and the Eagles are "pretty easy" games. Did you see what just happened to us? Unbeaten Miami--who we tied--looked better against the Pats than us. And we barely just beat Arizona.

@ Jets

vs. Eagles

/QUOTE]

Easy?

Hell, the Packers were easy and we LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are ****ing clueless. We'll be lucky to go 8-8, and I do mean lucky.

@ Jets

vs. Eagles

/QUOTE]

Easy?

Hell, the Packers were easy and we LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are ****ing clueless. We'll be lucky to go 8-8, and I do mean lucky.

And, as usual, you and so many others have the memory of an amoeba and ZERO perspective. You're smart enough to know that the "____ beat ____ like this so ____ should lose to _____" doesn't work in real life.

Torture yourself if you wish, but the Jets and Eagles aren't good by any stretch of the imagination. Worse than the Cards. We should win those games.

And, as usual, you and so many others have the memory of an amoeba and ZERO perspective. You're smart enough to know that the "____ beat ____ like this so ____ should lose to _____" doesn't work in real life.

Torture yourself if you wish, but the Jets and Eagles aren't good by any stretch of the imagination. Worse than the Cards. We should win those games.

I see no point in obsessing over this loss either. There's no way we could have avoided this. Bottom line... Position by position, their players are better than ours. If their coaching staff was on our sideline and Gibbs & co. were on their sideline, the outcome probably would have been similar. The Patriots are a class above the rest...

I see no point in obsessing over this loss either. There's no way we could have avoided this. Bottom line... Position by position, their players are better than ours. If their coaching staff was on our sideline and Gibbs & co. were on their sideline, the outcome probably would have been similar. The Patriots are a class above the rest...

I say work HARD as hell on the run game this week and cram Betts THEN Portis down their throats for the next two weeks. Get rid of the sideline/screen passes to Receivers all together. I MEAN ALL TO FREAKIN GETHER. If they want to screen so bad...do so with RB's more.

They need to stay on the field longer period. D will do the rest if they can handle that.

I say work HARD as hell on the run game this week and cram Betts THEN Portis down their throats for the next two weeks. Get rid of the sideline/screen passes to Receivers all together. I MEAN ALL TO FREAKIN GETHER. If they want to screen so bad...do so with RB's more.

They need to stay on the field longer period. D will do the rest if they can handle that.

Archived