Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is Still Developing (Positive)

2006Skins

and JC doesnt deserve to play in this league yet alone be seen on the same field as any of those two.

I HATE people like you. If he didn't deserve to play, then why the **** is he here? STFU He's going to be a very solid qb.

Don't be mad b/c he makes millions more than you ever will and is more talented in football then you will ever be.

and JC doesnt deserve to play in this league yet alone be seen on the same field as any of those two.

I HATE people like you. If he didn't deserve to play, then why the **** is he here? STFU He's going to be a very solid qb.

Don't be mad b/c he makes millions more than you ever will and is more talented in football then you will ever be.

Are you serious? JC is a top 15 qb in the league. No one said he's elite but to say he doesn't deserve to play is a joke. Who would you put in there beside Manning and Brady? Vick? He's doing best that he can with absolutely no help

Are you serious? JC is a top 15 qb in the league. No one said he's elite but to say he doesn't deserve to play is a joke. Who would you put in there beside Manning and Brady? Vick? He's doing best that he can with absolutely no help

My question about Jason is this...

At this stage of his career how does he correct the following mistakes I see him making almost weekly. The fumbles were caused by two things. One he is only putting one hand on the ball. He needs both hands on the ball. The other is he isn't noticing the pressure when its right on top of him.

1. How does he keep both his his hands on the ball?

2. How does he feel the pressure and know when to get rid of the ball?

3. Why does he constantly get air under his passes which leads to over throwing his receivers? When will he gain more controll over his passes?

In my opinion I am not sure if these things are something he can learn over time in the NFL or something that good QB's bring with them into the game? I don't think that these things are correctable but maybe I'm wrong. Right now all I'm seeing is a below average QB who if he continues to be reckless with the ball will lose a lot more games in his career then he will ever win. The person who always has the ball can't be this careless if we want to win games.

My question about Jason is this...

At this stage of his career how does he correct the following mistakes I see him making almost weekly. The fumbles were caused by two things. One he is only putting one hand on the ball. He needs both hands on the ball. The other is he isn't noticing the pressure when its right on top of him.

1. How does he keep both his his hands on the ball?

2. How does he feel the pressure and know when to get rid of the ball?

3. Why does he constantly get air under his passes which leads to over throwing his receivers? When will he gain more controll over his passes?

In my opinion I am not sure if these things are something he can learn over time in the NFL or something that good QB's bring with them into the game? I don't think that these things are correctable but maybe I'm wrong. Right now all I'm seeing is a below average QB who if he continues to be reckless with the ball will lose a lot more games in his career then he will ever win. The person who always has the ball can't be this careless if we want to win games.

Look at just about any quarterback stat you want and I guarantee you, you won't find JC in the top 15. He has had some good moments, but the bad moments combined with the lack of playcalling are overshadowing those.

Look at just about any quarterback stat you want and I guarantee you, you won't find JC in the top 15. He has had some good moments, but the bad moments combined with the lack of playcalling are overshadowing those.

Our QB of the future? What a hard row we have to hoe. I haven't seen any progression in 14 starts. He's the same QB who played in Auburn. I'm a skins fan through and through, and stand behind whatever decesion the FO decides to make, but I'm losing faith in Campbell with every game we play. Our receivers drop balls? Well they should if everyone is thrown behind, overthrown, low or too high. Betts and Portis can't run? When 3rd stringers are blocking for them, rightfully so.

Maybe I'm sour because of watching a game that rediculous, but maybe I'm not.

Our QB of the future? What a hard row we have to hoe. I haven't seen any progression in 14 starts. He's the same QB who played in Auburn. I'm a skins fan through and through, and stand behind whatever decesion the FO decides to make, but I'm losing faith in Campbell with every game we play. Our receivers drop balls? Well they should if everyone is thrown behind, overthrown, low or too high. Betts and Portis can't run? When 3rd stringers are blocking for them, rightfully so.

Maybe I'm sour because of watching a game that rediculous, but maybe I'm not.

JC is also overthrowing open receivers down the field and is holding onto the ball too long. He shows some flashes but is nothing special yet.

I been saying that for a long time now. He hasnt showen me nothing. His best performance came against the 30th ranked defense in the league. He is as mediocore as you can get. Most of his passes are too high or overthrown.

JC is also overthrowing open receivers down the field and is holding onto the ball too long. He shows some flashes but is nothing special yet.

I been saying that for a long time now. He hasnt showen me nothing. His best performance came against the 30th ranked defense in the league. He is as mediocore as you can get. Most of his passes are too high or overthrown.

Jason Campbell will be a career backup within 3 years. Its as simple as that. Another in along line of inconsistent QB's who cannot get to 60 pecent completion percentage and always seems to fumble or get intercepted when his team needs a DRIVE instead.

I know we have homers on this board who will not give it up. But in your THIRD year a QB must show accuracy if nothing else. Campbell is simply not an accurate QB. So if you want him to be your guy, and get more experience, thats fine but that will not ever get him to complete 60 percent of his passes.

In addition, if a guy panics and fumbles a lot, and Jason fumbles a lot, then you will always panic. Thats just his personality. You can work on his drop back, and reading defenses, but if he is not accurate and panics those are inherent qualities that he is stuck with.

You are the winner of the "wishful thinker award". JC isnt the anwser.

Jason Campbell will be a career backup within 3 years. Its as simple as that. Another in along line of inconsistent QB's who cannot get to 60 pecent completion percentage and always seems to fumble or get intercepted when his team needs a DRIVE instead.

I know we have homers on this board who will not give it up. But in your THIRD year a QB must show accuracy if nothing else. Campbell is simply not an accurate QB. So if you want him to be your guy, and get more experience, thats fine but that will not ever get him to complete 60 percent of his passes.

In addition, if a guy panics and fumbles a lot, and Jason fumbles a lot, then you will always panic. Thats just his personality. You can work on his drop back, and reading defenses, but if he is not accurate and panics those are inherent qualities that he is stuck with.

You are the winner of the "wishful thinker award". JC isnt the anwser.

What the hell are you talking about?

The one thing nobody watching Jason Campbell these last two seasons can say with a straight face and expect to be taken seriously is that he panics.

Yes his accuaracy comes and goes.

Yes he sometimes has trouble reading a defense.

But the man does not panic. Never.

Fumbling because you're hit is not panicing. It might be at worse, poor ball security or not feeling the rush as well as you'd like.

Jason is a third year QB, in his second year in this offense.

He was treated like a 3rd string scrub last year and never practiced with the first team until he actually was thrown in there as the starter at midseason.

This man was horribly prepared by this staff to take over the starting job last year (because in reality he wasn't prepared to take over at all and was thrown in there only after the season went down the toilet and Mr. Supersmart started gimping around to the point Gibbs couldn't even ignore it).

Jason is very early in his development. Patience is what's needed right now. Or should we just dump every QB who doesn't come in and light up the league like Dan Marino?

What the hell are you talking about?

The one thing nobody watching Jason Campbell these last two seasons can say with a straight face and expect to be taken seriously is that he panics.

Yes his accuaracy comes and goes.

Yes he sometimes has trouble reading a defense.

But the man does not panic. Never.

Fumbling because you're hit is not panicing. It might be at worse, poor ball security or not feeling the rush as well as you'd like.

Jason is a third year QB, in his second year in this offense.

He was treated like a 3rd string scrub last year and never practiced with the first team until he actually was thrown in there as the starter at midseason.

This man was horribly prepared by this staff to take over the starting job last year (because in reality he wasn't prepared to take over at all and was thrown in there only after the season went down the toilet and Mr. Supersmart started gimping around to the point Gibbs couldn't even ignore it).

Jason is very early in his development. Patience is what's needed right now. Or should we just dump every QB who doesn't come in and light up the league like Dan Marino?

I knew it wouldn't take long for people to get down on JC. This fanbase is awful quick to turn on people these days, particularly QBs.

He had a ****ty game today. Guess what? BB is KNOWN for giving young QBs a hard time. It's something he is very, very good at doing.

So JC isn't a world-beater. Frankly I don't really care. If he can learn to win games conistantly (which, given the 4-3 record, he's getting better at) I'm happy.

Guess what? We can't run either. Our receivers are dropping balls. We're getting dumb penalties. That is NOT how you set a young QB up to win.

We have a lot to work on, JC included, but sometimes all the negativity here drives me bonkers. Some people give up so quickly.

I knew it wouldn't take long for people to get down on JC. This fanbase is awful quick to turn on people these days, particularly QBs.

He had a ****ty game today. Guess what? BB is KNOWN for giving young QBs a hard time. It's something he is very, very good at doing.

So JC isn't a world-beater. Frankly I don't really care. If he can learn to win games conistantly (which, given the 4-3 record, he's getting better at) I'm happy.

Guess what? We can't run either. Our receivers are dropping balls. We're getting dumb penalties. That is NOT how you set a young QB up to win.

We have a lot to work on, JC included, but sometimes all the negativity here drives me bonkers. Some people give up so quickly.

Archived