Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings Interested In Eagles QB Donovan McNabb?

DWinzit

Some people think today's Vikings-Eagles game at the Metrodome could end up being a tryout for Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb. Vikings coach Brad Childress, in dire need of a QB, was McNabb's offensive coordinator and QB coach before coming to Minnesota. If Childress is back next year, as expected, it would make sense to trade with pal Andy Reid, the Eagles' coach, for the established McNabb, 30, who probably could use a change of scenery. A trade, which probably would cost the Vikings a second-round draft pick, makes more sense than drafting another QB in April and waiting two years for him to develop.

Source: Pioneer Press

Some people think today's Vikings-Eagles game at the Metrodome could end up being a tryout for Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb. Vikings coach Brad Childress, in dire need of a QB, was McNabb's offensive coordinator and QB coach before coming to Minnesota. If Childress is back next year, as expected, it would make sense to trade with pal Andy Reid, the Eagles' coach, for the established McNabb, 30, who probably could use a change of scenery. A trade, which probably would cost the Vikings a second-round draft pick, makes more sense than drafting another QB in April and waiting two years for him to develop.

Source: Pioneer Press

Interesting read! Personally, I don't think the Vikings will go for an old qb. I think if they make a trade it will be for a younger qb. Or maybe sign someone like JP Losman.

McNabb, IMO, most likely will be traded to the Falcons.

Interesting read! Personally, I don't think the Vikings will go for an old qb. I think if they make a trade it will be for a younger qb. Or maybe sign someone like JP Losman.

It would make more sense for him to go to Minny imo

Childress being there is one thing but the Viking have a great Oline, they have better talent at WR, and they have a great RB tandem

The only thing missing in Minny is a QB

If Mcnabb goes there they will be a instant playoff contender imo

It would make more sense for him to go to Minny imo

Childress being there is one thing but the Viking have a great Oline, they have better talent at WR, and they have a great RB tandem

The only thing missing in Minny is a QB

If Mcnabb goes there they will be a instant playoff contender imo

They could go the route of grabbing a top draft pick like Brohm, Woodson, Booty, Ryan etc..., but is Childress willing to wait on the learning curb! The NFL has a win now mentallity, especially for a newer unproven head coach.

There would be a number of teams interested in McNabb if he was ever available!

They could go the route of grabbing a top draft pick like Brohm, Woodson, Booty, Ryan etc..., but is Childress willing to wait on the learning curb! The NFL has a win now mentallity, especially for a newer unproven head coach.

There would be a number of teams interested in McNabb if he was ever available!

The Vikings would be greatly improved by even a decent qb. Speaking of those two teams, what are the chances we'll see the 'skins do an onsides kick after their first touchdown and recover it? That was an awesomeplay, though, it could have easily had people calling for the coache's head.

The Vikings would be greatly improved by even a decent qb. Speaking of those two teams, what are the chances we'll see the 'skins do an onsides kick after their first touchdown and recover it? That was an awesomeplay, though, it could have easily had people calling for the coache's head.

I still think he's going to the bears next year.

Personally, I think he's worth more than a 2nd round pick, and I have a hard time with the theory that trading a FRANCHISE qb for a potential non-critical position starter is a good deal. Especially when your replacement is unproven, at the most critical position on the field.

I still think he's going to the bears next year.

Personally, I think he's worth more than a 2nd round pick, and I have a hard time with the theory that trading a FRANCHISE qb for a potential non-critical position starter is a good deal. Especially when your replacement is unproven, at the most critical position on the field.

Archived