Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC- Rock's Out Rest Probable

KingGibbs

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Posted at 1:30 PM ET, 10/26/2007

Rock's Out; Everyone Else Probable; I'm Off To Comcast

Skins listed Cartwright as questionable, but he says he does not expect to play as his quad is still sore and he can not run or practice. Ladell Betts is prepared to handle kickoffs, he said.

Everyone else is probable, and Coach Joe, in full terse Friday mode, said he expects the rest of the bunch to be ready to go. Casey and Marcus and Carlos all said they are rocking and rolling and will face the Pats.

Okay, I'm outta here. Feel free to insult me with emails from 5-6 when I'm on Washington Post Live on Comcast, and by all means stay safe and dry this weekend.

Cheers.

Looks like we are going to be w/out a very important component this week. Rock's a beast on not only returns but coverage teams. I know he hates missing this one being the competitor he is. He's made a lot of people on here eat crow. Good news on the other injuries though.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Posted at 1:30 PM ET, 10/26/2007

Rock's Out; Everyone Else Probable; I'm Off To Comcast

Skins listed Cartwright as questionable, but he says he does not expect to play as his quad is still sore and he can not run or practice. Ladell Betts is prepared to handle kickoffs, he said.

Everyone else is probable, and Coach Joe, in full terse Friday mode, said he expects the rest of the bunch to be ready to go. Casey and Marcus and Carlos all said they are rocking and rolling and will face the Pats.

Okay, I'm outta here. Feel free to insult me with emails from 5-6 when I'm on Washington Post Live on Comcast, and by all means stay safe and dry this weekend.

Cheers.

Looks like we are going to be w/out a very important component this week. Rock's a beast on not only returns but coverage teams. I know he hates missing this one being the competitor he is. He's made a lot of people on here eat crow. Good news on the other injuries though.

I will admit that at first I did not think Rock should be returning kicks but I think he is one of the best returners in the game. My brother who is a cowboys fan said that Rock was the best returner in the leauge. Damn never thought I would say that we are really going to miss him I hope Betts can step up big because we going to need some good field position.

I will admit that at first I did not think Rock should be returning kicks but I think he is one of the best returners in the game. My brother who is a cowboys fan said that Rock was the best returner in the leauge. Damn never thought I would say that we are really going to miss him I hope Betts can step up big because we going to need some good field position.

Betts is a capable returner, but I'm concerned about Rock's absence on coverage teams.

Betts is a capable returner, but I'm concerned about Rock's absence on coverage teams.

"Skins listed Cartwright as questionable, but he says he does not expect to play as his quad is still sore and he can not run or practice. Ladell Betts is prepared to handle kickoffs, he said."

I don't know why they would have Betts do KR. When was the last time he's done it, like 2005? I think Thrash would be a safer option, but maybe thats why i'm not the coach.

"Skins listed Cartwright as questionable, but he says he does not expect to play as his quad is still sore and he can not run or practice. Ladell Betts is prepared to handle kickoffs, he said."

I don't know why they would have Betts do KR. When was the last time he's done it, like 2005? I think Thrash would be a safer option, but maybe thats why i'm not the coach.

Looks like we are going to be w/out a very important component this week. Rock's a beast on not only returns but coverage teams.

While I really like Cartwright, and he plays special teams well, calling him a "very important component" like he is some irreplacable cog, is stretching it a bit, I think. :)

I wish he was playing this Sunday, but I feel the Redskins will be able to replace him, and won't miss him say, like they miss Randy Thomas.

Looks like we are going to be w/out a very important component this week. Rock's a beast on not only returns but coverage teams.

While I really like Cartwright, and he plays special teams well, calling him a "very important component" like he is some irreplacable cog, is stretching it a bit, I think. :)

I wish he was playing this Sunday, but I feel the Redskins will be able to replace him, and won't miss him say, like they miss Randy Thomas.

Same here...at first it seemed as if he would go down with the first hit or wasn't hitting the holes but the past couple of years he's come into his own (including both sides of special teams)!!!

As for Betts, he actuall has a pretty good return style...he identifies the hole and hits it hard and fast...hopefully we can break a long one this sunday!!!

HTTR!!! :point2sky

Archived